The Fast Food Thread

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
It must not be doing well in stores because after a couple weeks stores around here stopped carrying it.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
It's a limited run in stores, so maybe it's doing so well that it has already sold out in many places.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Speaking of that, the new-ish invention of the Coke Freestyle machines are the greatest fast food invention of the past decade.
qdoba coke machine.jpg

Grape-Cherry Fanta is my go-to flavor combo at the moment.
Hmm havent seen these here yet. Would be interesting just to try out.

In high school we used to go to the coca cola factory(was right next door to gameworks) and you had unlimited drinks and could mix and match all the flavors they had(which were a ton, since iirc it was world wide). There was some weird stuff in some of those taps.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Arnold Palmer? That's amateur hour. You can do that with regular soft drink machines. They all have iced tea and lemonade.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Taco Bell/Pizza Hut/KFC have the best carbonated sodas, it's a shame I don't get to enjoy them as much as I used to.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
That minute maid shit is not lemonade. At some places they have actual real lemonade and it is awesome. That fake shit is garbage.

Gravy

Bronze Squire
Now I want some real lemonade. I will say that Minute Maid, while not great, is better (to me) than Tropicana, which is funky as hell.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
So, on the topic of lemonade, friends of mind had a craptonne of shite weather, making about 20 trees fall down within about 100 metres of their house. Their whole neighbourhood was shut down to the point of no one is able to get cars out. Okay, so there were several crews of tree service people in the neighbourhood, and their son set up a lemonade stand, made real, actually quite good, lemonade. Put up a sign saying "free lemonade to people helping with trees."

Five times a crew of guys (different guys each time) came up, all took a glass of lemonade, and dropped at least a twenty on the kid's table.

Sometimes little things like lemonade can help restore faith in humanity, even if just for a little while.

Gravy

Bronze Squire
Panera makes some good lemonade
I had forgotten who made fresh lemonade around here, thanks!

And just a word on Panera (St. Louis Bread Co.): They donate shit tons of day old product to local soup kitchens, churches, and pretty much any organization that feeds the hungry.

It's also a great change-up for lunch.

Vitality

HUSTLE
Is Panera in your area considered fast food? Out here it takes like 30 minutes to get a bowl of broc-cheddar soup because the places downtown are understaffed and shoulder to shoulder.

Gravy

Bronze Squire
Yep, and they have a drive though. Qualifies.

Seriously though, it depends on the restaurant. Some are slow, but they always are busy. Bitches love Panera.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Is Panera in your area considered fast food? Out here it takes like 30 minutes to get a bowl of broc-cheddar soup because the places downtown are understaffed and shoulder to shoulder.
That's strange. I'm a HUGE Panera Bread fanatic and I've gone to more than a dozen locations, both out in the middle of nowhere in the suburbs and jam-packed ones right in the center of D.C. I've never had to wait more than 5 - 10 minutes MAX for anything and any location. In fact, the busiest locations I've visited in D.C. actually gave me a pager and brought the food to my table when it was done so I didn't have to bother standing there and waiting.

Vitality

HUSTLE
Damn buddy, feel lucky you even got a table, the panera out here is the size of a coffee shop with like 10 tables that are just loaded up with hipster flannel shirt beard guys with their iBook or whatever the fk it is these days.

I want that broc-cheddar though so I just put up with it...

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
The fast food joints that make their own lemonade kick ass. Penn Station lemonade is awesome. In fact, just about everything about Penn Station is awesome. The sandwiches make me feel like ass but it's all worth it.