The Fast Food Thread

Zitar

Silver Knight of the Realm
I don't want to start an In-N-Out debate, but In-N-Out is totally overrated. Everyone talks it up like it's this amazing place, but really it's just a fast food burger place. On a burger scale, it's ok to good.

That said, McCheese's point above that fast food is supposed to be fresh is kind of where In-N-Outdoesstand out. For McDonald's type prices, you get fresh ingredients and a burger that'd probably cost $7-8 elsewhere. That's kind of a win to me. And this is why the Five Guys debate is ridiculous to me. Five Guys is a $10-15 per person fast food experience, whereas In-N-Out is about half of that. Five Guys makes much tastier food in my opinion, but In-N-Out is better just because it's so much cheaper.

You're one of the few non-native Californians that I've heard say In-N-Out rocks. Almost everyone I know (myself included) that is a transplant is disappointed by it. You hear all these people across the country sucking In-N-Out's dick, and when you finally eat it...you have a hard time understanding what the hype was about.
Whataburger is in the same boat. I have never met someone that wasn't from Texas that raves about them. They have a few here in AZ and most of them are ghost towns. The one by my house growing up was closed. It was rare to see more than one car in the parking lot and the Taco Bell next door was always packed.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm glad to see other people who order the fries well done. I think that's the only way to eat them and it makes them somewhat edible.

It's the only "secret menu" thing I do, but that may be because I find the whole secret menu thing ridiculous.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Even well done the fries are crap. I just order another burger instead.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I don't get how you think they are crap? It's literally fresh as fuck potato fried up and salted? How is that bad? Love their fries.

Adam12

Molten Core Raider
I don't get how you think they are crap? It's literally fresh as fuck potato fried up and salted? How is that bad? Love their fries.
Single bath for the fries instead of a double like everyone else on the planet. I love In-n-Out as much as anyone but their fries are sub par.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah I've only been to California twice and had the fries from there twice... once normal and they were terrible, tried them well done and they were just as bad so that was it. I then moved on to just ordering another burger which pleased my wife because I wanted to go to In n Out once a day both times we were out there and she thought more burgers meant I'd want to go less.

I'd rather have McDonalds or Wendy's fries to be honest.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
The old Wendys fries were the absolute best fry on Earth if you got to them within 2 minutes of being cooked. Outside of that window they turned to mushy dogshit. But man, if you got fresh fries, it didn't get any better than that.

And while the new style Wendys fries are nowhere near the peak form of the old fries, they also aren't nearly as bad as the old fries after sitting around for a while, so I guess that makes them somewhat better overall.

joz123

Potato del Grande
Speaking of shitty fries, just had Raising Canes today and the crinkle cut fries I had were absolute shit. Soggy as fuck and no salt. At least the chicken fingers/sauce and texas toast made up for the fries.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I went to Fatburger today. The burger was worse than elevation burger, but a little better than Five Guys. The fries were great because they have "fat" (i.e., steak) fries, which I love.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Driving back from N. Carolina the last few days and I got to have Cane's and Hardee's.

Holy shit the Frisco Melt at Hardee's is how the Sourdough Jack used to be, shit was incredible. Cane's of course never disappoints.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Speaking of shitty fries, just had Raising Canes today and the crinkle cut fries I had were absolute shit. Soggy as fuck and no salt. At least the chicken fingers/sauce and texas toast made up for the fries.
Yeah, we just went over this cane's does suffer from soggy fries, the chicken tenders too if you let it sit too long. It has everything to do with them putting the fresh made to order tenders in that styrofoam container, shit is super hot and the steam evaporates onto the lid of the container and then cools and rains down on the fries. If you're not going to eat that shit right away open the lid to let the steam out. Those crinkle cut fries do suck when they're soggy, but are pretty damn good when they are fresh.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Canes fries are inconsistant. But if you're getting it drive-thru ALWAYS ask for salt packets. Sometimes the fries are appropriately salted and sometimes they seem to completely forget to salt them.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Went to burger king saturday and they shattered my dreams by giving me unsalted fries. At that point the meal is essentially ruined.