The Fast Food Thread

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I had forgotten who made fresh lemonade around here, thanks!

And just a word on Panera (St. Louis Bread Co.): They donate shit tons of day old product to local soup kitchens, churches, and pretty much any organization that feeds the hungry.

It's also a great change-up for lunch.
This reminded me of when i used to work at fast food joints when I was a kid and they would just throw away tons of food every night, when I asked why they didn't give it to the homeless they said it was against company policy and they would fire anyone that was caught trying to do that.

Sidian

Lord Nagafen Raider
Finally had a Beef Quesarito today, it actually wasn't too bad at all. I'm tempted to go give chicken & steak ones a try next. I was actually surprised because the beef Quesarito was only $1.99, for some reason I guess I just expected it to be more expensive. Still, nothing can top the Cheesy Gordita Crunch imo.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Limeaide > Lemonade

Make it a cherry limeade from Sonic with their crunchy little rat poop-sized ice cubes and then you have the best fast-food beverage in existence

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I really dislike the HDTV menu boards that some places are using for their menus. It's not a problem if they're frozen in a single menu, but lots of them change and rotate through stuff, which is annoying when I'm trying to decide what I want. They also have the very real negative of dying and leaving an entirely blank section of the menu. I was at Popeyes tonight and one of the HDTVs was broken, so they had what looked like a MS Word printed listed of everything that would have been listed on that TV menu. It was really small and stuck to the register so you couldn't even see the choices till you were in front of the dull eyed cashier.

Hekotat

I just had the smore's blizzard, while good it didn't have shit on the pumpkin pie one.

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
I just had the smore's blizzard, while good it didn't have shit on the pumpkin pie one.
Truth right here. Pumpkin Pie Blizzard is king of the blizzards. I dont even like pumpkin pie. But in blizzard form its god damn amazing. I get one every october 1st.

Then it goes turtle pecan cluster and banana cream pie.

Hekotat

I haven't tried either of those but I'll have to make those my cheat days when they pop up.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
This reminded me of when i used to work at fast food joints when I was a kid and they would just throw away tons of food every night, when I asked why they didn't give it to the homeless they said it was against company policy and they would fire anyone that was caught trying to do that.
Because once, somewhere, a homeless person got ill from eating expired food out of a dumpster and sued the company that owned the dumpster and won a bunch of money.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I know the grocery store I worked at during high school had a contract with a local pig farm where they came and picked up anything the deli was throwing away every night(chicken, breads, donuts etc).

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Have these heath conscious menus ever actually stuck around? It seems like one of those things where people bitch about not having healthy options at fast food but still get the double burger with fries and a 64 oz soda instead of the garden chicken salad with no fat italian dressing.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Have these heath conscious menus ever actually stuck around? It seems like one of those things where people bitch about not having healthy options at fast food but still get the double burger with fries and a 64 oz soda instead of the garden chicken salad with no fat italian dressing.
Taco Bell has had the Fresco menu for a really long time and I think that is supposed to technically be some sort of healthier option, but the never promote it and I never remember it even exists until things like this come up.

but the trade-off triangle is for sure real.

dak

People want healthy, filling, and cheap.
Taco Bell grilled cheesy bean and rice burrito fresco-style.

I remember back in college I had a vegan (fresco-style replaces the cheese) friend that ordered three of these on a regular basis and it was under three bucks.

Sodium content was a bit high, but overall pretty healthy.

Tenks

Taco Bell grilled cheesy bean and rice burrito fresco-style.

I remember back in college I had a vegan (fresco-style replaces the cheese) friend that ordered three of these on a regular basis and it was under three bucks.

Sodium content was a bit high, but overall pretty healthy.
You can get decently healthy food at fast food you just have to try a bit. And like you said sodium is generally the killer for most. I remember back when I was trying to gain muscle and didn't want to buy powder I'd just eat at Wendy's for lunch basically every day getting 2x Jr Bacon Cheeseburger w/o mayo + chili. I forget the actual protein off the top of my head but it was like 30g or something. The fat/calories were pretty in check the only killer was sodium. This was back when all this was on the dollar menu so I'd eat for 3 bucks.