The Fast Food Thread

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Double Western Bacon Cheeseburger with Onion Rings is a fuckin' classic meal that is literally never "bad".

• 4Like
  • 1Truth!
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Anyone remember Kenny Rogers chicken? Not sure if it was a NY only thing or not but fucking A that shit was amazing.

edit: Apparently it was international lol so I guess a lot of people should remember it. Not sure why it imploded considering how good it was.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
9378E36D-B7B2-4EF2-B6BA-D9B9392A687E.jpeg
4430B497-35B2-4C11-A1F4-1506E2F556F3.jpeg

Tripping Cotton Candy GIF

• 3Mother of God
  • 2Like
  • 1Quality Calories
Reactions: 5 users

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
In the final years of the 90's, Hardee's had the goddamn Monster Burger. That was the pinnacle of fast food. 4 patties, 6 slices of bacon, 4 slices of cheese. Carl's Jr came into Oklahoma and took over all the Hardee's in the early 2000s much to everyone's chagrin.

• 3Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 3 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Anyone remember Kenny Rogers chicken? Not sure if it was a NY only thing or not but fucking A that дерьмо was amazing.

edit: Apparently it was international lol so I guess a lot of people should remember it. Not sure why it imploded considering how good it was.
i remember roy rogers, that was my first fried chicken, i do not remember if it was cuz i was like young but it had like a bullet proof layer of crispy skin that i "believe" was great pretty sure it was just memberberries

they had locations all along the turnpike, i'm sure theyre gone, maybe chuck remembers em too

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
In the final years of the 90's, Hardee's had the goddamn Monster Burger. That was the pinnacle of fast food. 4 patties, 6 slices of bacon, 4 slices of cheese. Carl's Jr came into Oklahoma and took over all the Hardee's in the early 2000s much to everyone's chagrin.
Carla here had the monster for a while, it's what got me hooked. Went a long time without them forgot it existed, good times had so verging similiar.

Ps fuck real estate prices in the last year or two in ok. Not fun watching things go in 48 hrs right now.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
i remember roy rogers, that was my first fried chicken, i do not remember if it was cuz i was like young but it had like a bullet proof layer of crispy skin that i "believe" was great pretty sure it was just memberberries

they had locations all along the turnpike, i'm sure theyre gone, maybe chuck remembers em too
Ya Roy Rogers was ok but was more like a KFC. Kenny Rogers was a step above fast food and was primarily rotisserie chicken. The seasoning they used was still to this day the best I've ever had.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Dinner tonight at, The best tortas in colorado Gourmet mexican Sandwiches

Went with the La Cubana: Chorizo, Milanesa, Ham, Hot Dog, Smoked Pork Chop & Eggs, Lettuce, onion, tomato, avocado, jalapenos, refried beans, mayo
Love tortas. Anyone who's never been to the local taqueria and gotten themselves a torta is doing themselves a disservice. If you see work trucks all over it at braekfast and lunch its probably legit.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I've posted this before, but our Hardees is like a ghost town. You'll see 5 employee cars and MAYBE one customer inside and MAYBE one in the drive thru.

Except at lunch. At lunch, there's fucking 8 cars in there and the inside is jam packed. Same with pre-work breakfast. You see a lot of the calorie stacking man types in there, lotta construction guys and laborer types fueling the fuck up. But then, after about 2pm they have 0 business ever. Even at 5-7pm, barely anything. Weird as fuck.

They have some good stuff, but it's slightly more pricey. It's one of those places you go to try their special rather than routinely visit for a #5 or something. Though I used to love their Monster burger (still pretty decent) and Frisco Melt. Now you'll only catch me there getting some jalapeno popper burger monstrosity or something stacked with bbq onion rings and mozz sticks or some wild shit. Even then the meal is like $12 and it's good, but never good enough to go back and get another one before the event ends.
The hardees right by my work actually closes at 2pm now. Was going to stop by after work one day and they had a sign taped to their drive thru speaker with the hours.

• 1WTF

joz123

Potato del Grande
There's a Carl's Jr right near my house that will just randomly close because the employees decide to just not show up.

• 1Worf

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I loved Kenny Rogers Roasters. For about a year of my childhood we went there every Saturday night. They had the best barbecue chicken sandwich.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
There is a Burger King nearby immediately adjacent to a McDonalds. The McDs is perpetually busy and gets a full remodel every couple of years to stay current. The BK? Not so much. I have never once seen a car in their drive thru, even when both lanes of the McD drive thru are spilling out onto the main street. I figure it has to be a front for something as they never ever seem to have any customers whatsoever.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
There is a Burger King nearby immediately adjacent to a McDonalds. The McDs is perpetually busy and gets a full remodel every couple of years to stay current. The BK? Not so much. I have never once seen a car in their drive thru, even when both lanes of the McD drive thru are spilling out onto the main street. I figure it has to be a front for something as they never ever seem to have any customers whatsoever.
My BK growing up was a front for weed/coke dealers. I've posted stories about all the kids run over going there while stoned when I was in high school before.

• 1Like

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
That's the way Arby's is here. When McDonald's has 12 cars in their drive thru, Arby's will have 2. Anytime that it's not a rush of some sort you can go there and be the only one in the store. The funny thing is that the store is clean and the food is on point for what it is. Hard to see how they stay in business when McD's has to have at least 10x the revenue.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
All of the big fast food chains near me seem to always be empty except for McDonald’s. The smaller chains are doing great like Culver’s, but places like Burger King, Hardee’s, Taco Bell, and Arbys are a wasteland

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Anyone remember Kenny Rogers chicken? Not sure if it was a NY only thing or not but fucking A that shit was amazing.

Down in Phoenix AZ where I grew up, we didn't have many Kenny's, because we had Boston Market which was the same exact thing and those were all over. I loved their food, and in high school, the one closest to the school hosted those fundraising "car washes" all the time. They were cool.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Fuck yea!!!! Forgot how good lime is, I forgive skittles for their war crimes on candy.

1649177559994.png

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
All of the big fast food chains near me seem to always be empty except for McDonald’s. The smaller chains are doing great like Culver’s, but places like Burger King, Hardee’s, Taco Bell, and Arbys are a wasteland
Hmm yeah Arbys always semi busy but BK and Taco Bell lost a lot of customers.

McDonald’s and Chick-fil-A always slaying anywhere I’ve ever been. Chick-fil-A is never a empty wasteland anywhere in the USA except on sundays.