The Fast Food Thread

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
McD's is easily the biggest fast food place in my town. During peak both drive thru's will be stacked with cars and all the curbside spots will be full. Meanwhile, down the street there will be like 4 cars at BK.

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Down in Phoenix AZ where I grew up, we didn't have many Kenny's, because we had Boston Market which was the same exact thing and those were all over. I loved their food, and in high school, the one closest to the school hosted those fundraising "car washes" all the time. They were cool.
Boston Market back in the day was great. Now it's just expensive garbage. They had a ham and swiss sandwhich that was god tier. I have one down the street from my house and never see anyone there. I don't know how they are still open.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Xevy

Log Wizard
Boston Market's creamed Spinach and Cornbread were so fucking good. Their chicken was good too, but their sides were AMAZING. That cornbread with gravy was A+.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Boston markets that still exist around me are dumpster fires. I’m okay with this, since Cowboy Chicken is essentially a god tier Boston market. Cowboy chicken crushes on even my fondest memories of Boston market back in the day.

• 2Solidarity

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Hmm yeah Arbys always semi busy but BK and Taco Bell lost a lot of customers.

McDonald’s and Chick-fil-A always slaying anywhere I’ve ever been. Chick-fil-A is never a empty wasteland anywhere in the USA except on sundays.
We have a chick fil a next to a McDonalds ans the McDonalds usually looks closed by comparison.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
We have a chick fil a next to a McDonalds ans the McDonalds usually looks closed by comparison.

The sheer efficiency of Chik Fil A always amazes me, I pulled into one today and almost decided not to because holy fuck it was busy. I am like look at the line on this motherfucker even with 100 cars deep these fuckers have a crew working like a Nascar pit crew, I was in and out in like 3 fucking minutes

If this was a McDonalds crew of Jose and Darnell I would still be in that same line 7 hours later

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Hmm yeah Arbys always semi busy but BK and Taco Bell lost a lot of customers.

McDonald’s and Chick-fil-A always slaying anywhere I’ve ever been. Chick-fil-A is never a empty wasteland anywhere in the USA except on sundays.
Chick Fil A and Inn N out. The only 2 places I go to that always has at least a 15+ car line and ALWAYS has someone out in line somewhere taking orders on a little mobile machine. No matter what time of day. Speeds up things so much. Compared to Mcdonalds, that even if super busy, makes the person taking money also take orders and the person handing out the food also taking orders, at the same time. The other two places have the person out in the line doing orders, the first window only worries about payment and the 2nd only hands out food/drink.

• 1Like

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
I have a popeyes with a 1 star review next to my chik-fil-a. The chik-fil- parking lot is a zoo with cars everywhere, and it spilling out onto the roads all the time, while the popeye's line is reasonably long. Most the time they advance one car before I'm out of the Chik-fil-a.

• 1Solidarity

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I have a popeyes with a 1 star review next to my chik-fil-a. The chik-fil- parking lot is a zoo with cars everywhere, and it spilling out onto the roads all the time, while the popeye's line is reasonably long. Most the time they advance one car before I'm out of the Chik-fil-a.
And unfortunately for Popeyes their Spicy chicken sandwich Quailty has dropped off a bit too.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Chick Fil A and Inn N out. The only 2 places I go to that always has at least a 15+ car line and ALWAYS has someone out in line somewhere taking orders on a little mobile machine. No matter what time of day. Speeds up things so much. Compared to Mcdonalds, that even if super busy, makes the person taking money also take orders and the person handing out the food also taking orders, at the same time. The other two places have the person out in the line doing orders, the first window only worries about payment and the 2nd only hands out food/drink.
it's cuz ppl are dumb

they wait in line for 10minutes and when they get to the speakerbox

can-i-have-a-minute-rita-connors.gif

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
it's cuz ppl are dumb

they wait in line for 10minutes and when they get to the speakerbox

can-i-have-a-minute-rita-connors.gif
I mean does it even matter though? The ordering isn’t the bottleneck, it’s actually getting the food, it’s not like even when they are done ordering there is anywhere to go. Which is why I don’t really think what makes chick fil a fast is the person taking the orders, it’s that they have very few menu items, an efficient kitchen, non retarded staff, and an appropriate number of workers for the volume they have. All of these things also apply to in n out

• 2Like

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Before the BP oil spill Popeyes had great quality popcorn shrimp. Obviously went downhill after and then they swapped to warming trays yet the line speed did not improve at all. I would still rate it higher than my BK if I had to choose but there's far better options for quality and price.

My BK somehow renovated the entire store and parking lot over the winter, despite being wedged between a CFA and an Arbys doing the least business of the 3. But that doesn't make the fry box any bigger, their chicken options are pathetic and even their sandwiches are struggling

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Before the BP oil spill Popeyes had great quality popcorn shrimp. Obviously went downhill after and then they swapped to warming trays yet the line speed did not improve at all. I would still rate it higher than my BK if I had to choose but there's far better options for quality and price.

My BK somehow renovated the entire store and parking lot over the winter, despite being wedged between a CFA and an Arbys doing the least business of the 3. But that doesn't make the fry box any bigger, their chicken options are pathetic and even their sandwiches are struggling
bk is only good when they sell 10nugs for $1.50

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
thai food channels get the worst amount of views, usually it'll be japan then followed by sorks as top tiered food views

recently this thai street food channel experienced an explosion of views,

i wonder how?

now a follow up w/o the weird dress

Last edited:
  • 2Worf

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Today I will share with you a deep dark secret. One that I learned when I was but a lad.

If you make tacos meat with that generic store bought taco seasoning use ketchup when you make the taco. I can't explain it but the chemical reaction of generic taco seasoning and generic ketchup combine to become amazing. But this only applies to homemade tacos.

You will not be disappointed.

• 2WTF
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 2 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Today I will share with you a deep dark secret. One that I learned when I was but a lad.

If you make tacos meat with that generic store bought taco seasoning use ketchup when you make the taco. I can't explain it but the chemical reaction of generic taco seasoning and generic ketchup combine to become amazing. But this only applies to homemade tacos.

You will not be disappointed.
Disgusted No Thank You GIF by Shark Week

Fucker

Log Wizard
Last time I was there, they had 4 customers. Woman placed the order boxes side by side and put a piece of chicken in each box. Took forever to fill the boxes. I still don't know why she didn't complete one order before moving on to the next. It could work this way if the fryers were going full tilt, but they weren't.