The Fast Food Thread

Xevy

Log Wizard
They used to be called "Brazier" DQ's. The ones that used to serve all the hot foods.

Also they probably have the best fast food onion rings now that Arbys stopped selling them.
HOT EATS; COOL TREATS!

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Tried the lemon lime one. The alcohol flavor was way too strong for me. Will try one of the others tomorrow.
So, got around to the others finally. Orange was OK, much better at hiding the alcohol than lemon lime. Berry lemonade was all right. Not sure whether it was good or not, but definitely didn't taste alcohol in it. Black Cherry was my favorite, but none of them did much for me at the end of the day. Taste wise they all sucked, and not enough alcohol to even get me sleepy, much less buzzed or drunk. Won't bother with alcohol again until Hard Mtn Dew makes its way to CO.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sevens

Log Wizard
They used to be called "Brazier" DQ's. The ones that used to serve all the hot foods.

Also they probably have the best fast food onion rings now that Arbys stopped selling them.
Hardee's (Carl Jr's) beer batter onion rings are the best there is.
Not a fan of any of their other food but god damn them onion rings are divine

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
Not a fan of any of their other food
You shut your whore mouth. The Famous Star with Cheese is the best mainstream fast food burger available in America today.

Not talking about special items available for a limited time, or special restaurant style burgers, etc. Just straight up mainstream fast food burgers.

#2 on the list isnt even close.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I just don’t have a Hardee’s near me. It’s been 20 years but they will always have a special place in my heart.

I owned all these bad asses.
1648827883207.jpeg

• 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Last Carl's junior in my area shut down like 8 years ago. Not sure why. They were good enough to be on the rotation, and never seemed like it was that slow.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Hardees is the inferior version of Carls Jr unfortunately. I moved to Florida and all they have is Hardees. I thought hell its the same thing lets go. They didn't have half the things that made Carls Jr awesome. I have not been back since.

Regime Regime my mom worked for the company that made the California Raisins. We had so much Raisins shit at our house it was insane.

• 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Hardees is the inferior version of Carls Jr unfortunately. I moved to Florida and all they have is Hardees. I thought hell its the same thing lets go. They didn't have half the things that made Carls Jr awesome. I have not been back since.

Regime Regime my mom worked for the company that made the California Raisins. We had so much Raisins shit at our house it was insane.
Wow lucky. I had a California Raisins Birthday party lol.

also that Frisco Burger with Bacon was amazing.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>

That's funny because I feel like there's nothing left of the old Hardees since Carl's Jr. took them over. Old school Hardee's had fried chicken and Arby's style roast beef sandwiches (with a tangy BBQ sauce that was better than Arby's sauce) among other things. They also had killer biscuits and gravy at breakfast. Go in there now and it just looks like a copy of Carl's Jr.

• 3Like

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
That's funny because I feel like there's nothing left of the old Hardees since Carl's Jr. took them over.

This is true and unfortunate. Grew up in CA mostly. Visited family in the South in summer. Both Carl's Jr and Hardee's used to be better on their own. Hardee's was generally better and more southern style fast food. Carl's Jr was amazing in CA but sucked the further you got out of the state and the further they expanded over the years. Both pretty meh now.

The best fast food ever was Carl's Jr Western bacon and criss cut fries when I was a yout' in the early 90s driving home from Oakland A's games.

Yeah, nostalgia, but that shit was legit good. Still good late 90s going back to CA.

But like many chains the more they expanded the more generic and worse they got. Carl's Jr is pretty bad now and took Hardee's down with it.

• 1Quality Calories
  • 1Like

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Criss cut fries. Onion rings. Western Bacon Cheeseburger. Big bacon ranch chicken sandwhich. Star shaped chicken nuggets for the kids. These are why you went to Carls Jr. Fucking Hardees had none when I went.

Maybe Hardees used to be really good and different and I just missed that time frame. When i went it was a crushing dissapointment.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Hardee’s was ok but never amazing. They tried to copy everyone which meant they excelled at nothing. They were at their best when the $6 burger came out. I liked the jalapeño double as well.

I have 4 local Hardee’s near me and 3 of them close by 9 because no one eats there except for breakfast. Worst chain by far. They’ve done nothing new or exciting in over a decade.

Xevy

Log Wizard
I've posted this before, but our Hardees is like a ghost town. You'll see 5 employee cars and MAYBE one customer inside and MAYBE one in the drive thru.

Except at lunch. At lunch, there's fucking 8 cars in there and the inside is jam packed. Same with pre-work breakfast. You see a lot of the calorie stacking man types in there, lotta construction guys and laborer types fueling the fuck up. But then, after about 2pm they have 0 business ever. Even at 5-7pm, barely anything. Weird as fuck.

They have some good stuff, but it's slightly more pricey. It's one of those places you go to try their special rather than routinely visit for a #5 or something. Though I used to love their Monster burger (still pretty decent) and Frisco Melt. Now you'll only catch me there getting some jalapeno popper burger monstrosity or something stacked with bbq onion rings and mozz sticks or some wild shit. Even then the meal is like $12 and it's good, but never good enough to go back and get another one before the event ends.

• 2Like