The Fast Food Thread

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
There's nothing wrong with Guy Fieri's food. I expect that kind of hipster attitude from those elitists in the cooking thread, but I figured folks here would be more receptive of his food-for-the-everyman approach to cooking.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
This thread is taking a disturbing pro-Guy turn that I'm not too keen on
I like Guy Fieri. Come at me, bro. Somewhere about the time he became popular, it became hipster as fuck to hate on him. But he generally cooks good, flavorful food. And the restaurants he visits look good. And he has a warm, inviting personality. COME THE FUCK AT ME BRO.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
There's nothing wrong with Guy Fieri's food. I expect that kind of hipster attitude from those elitists in the cooking thread, but I figured folks here would be more receptive of his food-for-the-everyman approach to cooking.
Food for everyman? The food at his restaurant is like 3 times more expensive than TGI Fridays and from all accounts just as shitty.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I've never eaten any of "his" food, but his TV character is basically fratboy douche personified. That said, I love Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
One of his restaurants, Tex Wasabi, used to be not too far away here in Sacramento. I went a few times with coworkers, and while it certainly wasn't terrible food, I didn't care for it much. It was trying to be one of those fusion places that mixes all kinds of styles together, and I guess that just doesn't work for me. Maybe the fact that we only got whatever was the happy hour special lessened the experience too. Either way, apparently I wasn't the only one because it shut down awhile ago. Shit was just too expensive for what it was, even at happy hour.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Yeah, like others have said, his food is fine. He's likely a good cook. But the fratboy douche personae makes me want to smash his face into a jelly.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I don't think he's really a cook at all. He got famous winning that food network show that was more just about finding a host. He's not out there because he makes great food.

edit: Yeah Wiki makes it pretty clear he's a food dork but not a chef. Restauranteur etc.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Yeah, actually, it looks like he doesn't even pretend to be a cook, he just judges others cooking. He has a college degree in Hotel Management.

Here's his bio:
Fieri began his association with food in grade school in Ferndale, California by selling pretzels from his "Awesome Pretzel" cart and washing dishes to finance his trip to France to study cuisine.[5] On his return to the United States, he worked at the restaurant at the Red Lion Inn in Eureka, California until going to Las Vegas for college,[5] before managing and owning restaurants.[6] Fieri attended the University of Nevada, Las Vegas and graduated with a Bachelor of Science in Hotel Management in 1990.[7][8] After graduation, he went to work for Stouffer's, developing restaurant concepts in Southern California[4] and managing their flagship restaurant in Long Beach, California. After three years in southern California, he became District Manager of Louise's Trattoria, managing six locations along with recruiting and training for the restaurants.

In the fall of 1996, Fieri and business partner Steve Gruber opened Johnny Garlic's, a California Pasta Grill in Santa Rosa, California.[9] A second location opened in Windsor in 1999, a third in Petaluma in 2000 or 2001 (since closed), and a fourth in Roseville in late 2008.[9] Subsequently they developed Tex Wasabi's (barbecue and sushi) in 2003 in Santa Rosa, adding a second location in Sacramento's Arden-Arcade area in 2007.[9] An additional Johnny Garlic's was opened in Dublin, California, in 2011. His first New York City restaurant, Guy's American Kitchen and Bar, opened to a scathing New York Times review in 2012.[10]

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
You guys are just jaded assholes. He seems like a nice person that people have fun around.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Chaos wants to gargle Guy Fieri's manbatter. Along with a cheese sauce and ranch dressing of course, Guy wouldn't have it any other way.