The Fast Food Thread

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
People who call Chicken Sandiwches, Burgers and worst than crossfitting vegans on the totem pole. Burgers require ground beef
Doesn’t KFC have a monstrosity where they chicken bread a beef patty and fry it?

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Doesn’t KFC have a monstrosity where they chicken bread a beef patty and fry it?

Not sure I haven't been to KFC in years. It used to be awesome shit back in the 90's but last I remember it was overpriced super dogshit. If I want a Chicken Sandwich I'll go to Chik-Fil-A or Popeyes, if I want some fried chicken I'll go to Publix and get fresher better fried chicken and 1/4 the cost.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
I remember some people I know actually arguing for grabbing KFC because "they have really good mashed potatoes"

...and all I could think for the rest of the day was 'Really? People think their mashed potatoes are anything but disgusting school-lunch tier reconstituted powder?'

But I also don't like most fast-food, on-the-bone chicken because to me it's never done enough (YMMV I guess). It tastes like it's been boiled, not fried. The meat doesn't seem done enough, and sure it's juicy, but I hate how there's still fat under the skin and they just batter the fuck out of it to hide it. But somehow the boneless chicken they use for nuggets, sandwich patties, etc, don't seem to have that problem at all.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Supertaster
Reactions: 3 users

joz123

Potato del Grande
KFC's fillups started out at 5 bucks and are like 7.50 now, not worth it. El Pollo Loco is still pretty decent and not overly priced for the most part.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Not sure I haven't been to KFC in years. It used to be awesome shit back in the 90's but last I remember it was overpriced super dogshit. If I want a Chicken Sandwich I'll go to Chik-Fil-A or Popeyes, if I want some fried chicken I'll go to Publix and get fresher better fried chicken and 1/4 the cost.
yo, i've been getting the nashvillehot publix fried chicken it's like $1 than regular and i prefer it over hatti b's (i have been told to goto princes but theyre also so far away)

• 2Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

Xevy

Log Wizard
I remember some people I know actually arguing for grabbing KFC because "they have really good mashed potatoes"

...and all I could think for the rest of the day was 'Really? People think their mashed potatoes are anything but disgusting school-lunch tier reconstituted powder?'

But I also don't like most fast-food, on-the-bone chicken because to me it's never done enough (YMMV I guess). It tastes like it's been boiled, not fried. The meat doesn't seem done enough, and sure it's juicy, but I hate how there's still fat under the skin and they just batter the fuck out of it to hide it. But somehow the boneless chicken they use for nuggets, sandwich patties, etc, don't seem to have that problem at all.
They fucking THROW mashed potatoes and gravy at you. Even when you order something instead, there's about a 50% chance it's coming to you anyways. I remember when I was younger it was so bad that we literally gave the whole thing to our two dogs and poured the gravy on top. The dogs licked up the gravy and left the mashed potatoes, they were that bad.

KFC is alright, definitely better fried chicken options for cheaper, but it's that "craving" type of food you just want every once and a while. The 11 herbs and spices effect. The only thing KFC is consistently good for is peeing out your butt now.

• 3Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
if I want a chicken sandwich it’s chick-fil-a always. Bone in fried chicken it’s my Kroger deli, I ask for a freshly made spicy 8 piece. For trendies it’s mostly chicken E, but sometimes cane’s. Popeyes would make a list if it weren’t for the fact that the service there is even worse than most YouTube comedy sketches make it look where I live.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
alwayshasbeen.jpg
Serious Korean Drama GIF by The Swoon

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
GOUT ACCEPTED

Living where you live and purposely choosing KFC?

Hand em over to the Cossacks in winter time.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I was lead on a long and twisting journey from trying K-Town Korean style corndogs in Fort Worth to watching Alchemy of Souls... now I like both. My 6 year old daughter loves K-Pop now.
i found a goodway to make em is to have the batter super thick and sticky, like kneading dough w/o flour

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users