The Fast Food Thread

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Work trip gas station haul. I am going to fuck up the cookies and cream ho hos right now. Will report back on the others. A little hesitant on the chips because both cashiers told me they don't taste like funyuns.

Edit - one bite in and ho hos are S tier. A+ would eat again.

20220816_172740.jpg

• 1Quality Calories
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
The taco town taco would be dope tho.

I'd buy that.
Right, that's why I posted it for all the supertasters here. Only like 2 layers on that taco actually sound bad, and the rest sound great.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I don't get these Lays flavor swaps they're doing. If I want Funyuns, I'll get Funyuns. They're already (basically) in chip form. Same with the Cheetos chips. If I want Cheetos, I'll get Cheetos, not Cheetos flavored chips.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I can't remember if I bitched here or just thought about it. I know that fast food varies wildly by location, but the Domino's near me is absolute shit. I tried them specifically because of you guys here, and who doesn't want cheap, decent pizza? I got one pan style and one normal crust, and while the pan was slightly better it still sucked. The normal was covered in so much fucking garlic that it almost made me not want to eat it.

It would take a lot to get me to try another location. This one is less than a mile from my house too, so I'd be driving out of my way to get it. But the thought of eating two of those pieces of shit again just revolts me, and seeing you guys ordering and liking it rustles my jimmies because even with some of the eating habits I've witnessed here, your Domino's can't be as bad as mine was, and I crave decent pizza that doesn't cost a fucking ton.

EDIT: Oh, and to be clear, back in college and my mid-20s, Domino's thick crust was literally all we ever ordered, so I'm not against Domino's at all. I'd kill for one of those now, even at Biden-inflated prices. Would still be far less than $35 for a (wonderful) Round Table pizza.

joz123

Potato del Grande
Western Wednesday. 3 dollars for either spicy or regular Western Bacon Cheeseburgers at Carl's Jr.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Western Wednesday. 3 dollars for either spicy or regular Western Bacon Cheeseburgers at Carl's Jr.
Only Carl’s Jr. near me literally closes at 2pm every day. And a major chain not having a functional app is pretty inexcusable now adays

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I know this is a loaded question but... recs for the best BBQ in Dallas and surrounding area? I used to go to Hard Eight in Coppell a lot when I travelled to Dallas and may go back for nostalgia. I see Terry Black, Pecan Lodge, Off the Bone etc listed a lot.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I know this is a loaded question but... recs for the best BBQ in Dallas and surrounding area? I used to go to Hard Eight in Coppell a lot when I travelled to Dallas and may go back for nostalgia. I see Terry Black, Pecan Lodge, Off the Bone etc listed a lot.

Pecan Lodge and Cattle-lack both only open like 1-3 days a week depending on how long their shit lasts, I've never had them so that would be a good place to start.

It can't be as bad as Hard Eight (It's good when it's good, but not consistent). We usually just took people to this place for the atmosphere, especially with out of state people.

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Pecan Lodge and Cattle-lack both only open like 1-3 days a week depending on how long their shit lasts, I've never had them so that would be a good place to start.

It can't be as bad as Hard Eight (It's good when it's good, but not consistent). We usually just took people to this place for the atmosphere, especially with out of state people.
I have always enjoyed the Disney-esque atmosphere at Hard Eight. Waiting in the que passed the pits to get up to the meats. Luckily i plan on eating lots of BBQ and Tex Mex this week in Texas.

• 1Solidarity

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
Only Carl’s Jr. near me literally closes at 2pm every day. And a major chain not having a functional app is pretty inexcusable now adays
People who willingly install apps on their personal devices to order fast food - you're going on the list too

Look, folks, this list is getting so long its becoming kind of unwieldly. We're gonna have to kick this off soon cause I'm getting sick of carrying this thing around

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Pathetic

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
What sort of boomer wont install some apps. The daily deals are often equivalent to stealing. If you work at a place with a high concentration of fast food like me, you can hit up half a dozen places and eat like a king for 6$.

• 2Solidarity

joz123

Potato del Grande
If you have a checking/savings account at a bank then other companies already have your info. Might as well try to save some money in the mean time.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
There wont be any hiding when the shit kicks off. It will be engage or surrender.

• 1Imbecile

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
McDonald's app uses your tracking info to monitor how long it takes upon entering code range to receive your food and leave. They're using you to collect actual metrics on their own employees' service.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Chicken Express is so weird. Opened up my side of poppers and they only gave me 3 poppers. Wtf I hate you Chicken-E. Opened up my 15 piece spicy chicken and I had like 30 tendies fucking jammed in there. WTF I love you Chicken-E. 6 tubs of honey mustard and honestly half the amount of gravy they gave me would have been more than enough.