The Fast Food Thread

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
People who willingly install apps on their personal devices to order fast food - you're going on the list too

Look, folks, this list is getting so long its becoming kind of unwieldly. We're gonna have to kick this off soon cause I'm getting sick of carrying this thing around
The future is now old man

• 1NPC
Reactions: 1 user

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I know this is a loaded question but... recs for the best BBQ in Dallas and surrounding area? I used to go to Hard Eight in Coppell a lot when I travelled to Dallas and may go back for nostalgia. I see Terry Black, Pecan Lodge, Off the Bone etc listed a lot.
Cattleack. Absolutely god tier brisket. Most bbq in Dfw is trash.

• 1Like

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Cattleack. Absolutely god tier brisket. Most bbq in Dfw is trash.
I had a friend who wanted to go to Rudy's with some people when they were in town. Some people have no taste buds. I'd rather eat a McRib sandwich than Rudy's ribs. Despite that, the place has 4.3 stars on google. I usually just cook BBQ myself. It's not like its fucking hard, and I like my meat to be more tender than the typical bbq standard in Texas is.

• 1Like

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I had a friend who wanted to go to Rudy's with some people when they were in town. Some people have no taste buds. I'd rather eat a McRib sandwich than Rudy's ribs. Despite that, the place has 4.3 stars on google. I usually just cook BBQ myself. It's not like its fucking hard, and I like my meat to be more tender than the typical bbq standard in Texas is.
I’m convinced the people in the metroplex have the worsts tastes of any major city ever. There’s so many god damn chili’s/tgif/Applebees tier dogshit here that it boggles the mind. Meanwhile the couple Jet’s pizza places went under. Insane.

• 1Thoughts & Prayers
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I’m convinced the people in the metroplex have the worsts tastes of any major city ever. There’s so many god damn chili’s/tgif/Applebees tier dogshit here that it boggles the mind. Meanwhile the couple Jet’s pizza places went under. Insane.
There was a discussion on a facebook group for our small town on what kind of restaurants people would like to see in town and I couldn't believe how many people said Perkins, IHOP, or Denny's. What the fuck? Those are places you go because you only have $5 or nothing else is open because it's 2 am. We already have 3 "greasy spoon" type cafe's which are nothing special but the worst one is better than Denny's.

• 1Solidarity

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team

Especially when there are so many badass, decently priced places to eat in the metroplex.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
1661009641584.png

• 4Worf
  • 1Seriously?
  • 1Like
Reactions: 5 users

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I don't know if someone has mentioned these already, but they were pretty fucking good. Price isn't great ($3.99 for 6 here in Commiefornia), but it is in line with everything else you can get for breakfast for the most part. Granted, french toast dipped in syrup is pretty hard to fuck up, but I had no complaints. Pair it with potato wedges and a drink for the meal and it is damn tasty. Now if only they had a 20 piece.

• 1Like

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Wendy's makes me mad. They got rid curbside option in their app. I hate going through drive-thru or going inside.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Finally did Whataburger on our Texas trip. Not too bad. I like that the burger feels like a full sized burger. That double is mighty filling.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Finally did Whataburger on our Texas trip. Not too bad. I like that the burger feels like a full sized burger. That double is mighty filling.

Please tell me you got the spicy ketchup as well as a spicy honey butter chicken biscuit.

• 2Like

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
The prime rib cheese steak at Arby's is pretty damn good. Smaller than it looks on the menu but good meat and lots of cheese.

• 1Quality Calories

Omayga

Lord Nagafen Raider
They sell the spicy ketchup on the whatastore.com site and also some grocery store chains have it for sale too. Wirth picking up some bottles of it.

• 1Like

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Wendy's makes me mad. They got rid curbside option in their app. I hate going through drive-thru or going inside.

Fuckers here won't even do app orders through the drive thru. Order in app, go inside, stand in line waiting to tell them you app ordered, then they start your order. Takes longer than going in to stand in line to just order as that's a different, usually shorter line. And now the drive thru line is always shorter. Making their own app obsolete, except it has good deals, so forcing customers into a longer, more frustrating process. It's inexplicably idiotic.

• 2Like

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
It's inexplicably idiotic.
At least one thing about wendy's never changes.

Hit up Arby's today. Got the chicken sandwich and the prime rib sub. Prime rib Sub was S+ tier. So juicy, meaty and just all around perfect. Only complaint I could level was that it probably was a little expensive for what I got, but I can say that about everything now. The chicken sandwich got a B. Was good, but the patty had a serious of shrinkflation. I'd rather they'd overcharged me and given me a real patty. Curly fries were S+, and I'm smearing them through a slop of horsey, spicy and arby sauces, so never end a meal upset at arby's.

• 2Quality Calories
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users