The Fast Food Thread

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Thank god we have Taco Time here in the PNW. Fuck Taco Bell. Also have taquerias on every corner.

• 1Truth!
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Thank god we have Taco Time here in the PNW. Fuck Taco Bell. Also have taquerias on every corner.

taco time is great - i'm from pnw so whenever we go visit family we hit it up a time or two. Love me some crisp burritos and the tots are best in class

• 1Quality Calories
  • 1Solidarity

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole

Someone go check it out and report back. Thanks.

Clickbait article is clickbait, imaginemyshock.jpg

While your food will be cooked by real people, you won't have to interact with them at all because they'll be tucked away in the kitchen.

Not what I would call fully automated

• 8Like
Reactions: 7 users

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
What kind of error checking do the machines have, can it tell when it runs out of straws and sauce to grab? What if the cooks put a sandwich in the 20pc nugget area can it recognize the mistake? Feels like they will need at least one babysitter for the operation which is exactly the worker who handed out the order from the final window.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
What kind of error checking do the machines have, can it tell when it runs out of straws and sauce to grab? What if the cooks put a sandwich in the 20pc nugget area can it recognize the mistake? Feels like they will need at least one babysitter for the operation which is exactly the worker who handed out the order from the final window.
Those kinds of shenanigans were already happening. When I was in college I knew a guy who worked drive thru at Burger King and if you ordered your meal with "extra pickles" he would shove all kinds of extra shit in there, like 3 more whoppers than you ordered and things like that.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

uncognito

Trakanon Raider
damn that headline is pure garbage, also isnt that mcdonalds just an automat

10.jpg

• 3Like

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
The computer can't fuck up any worse than the usual McDonald's employee. Shame they $15-20 dollar an houred themselves out of a fucking job.

Awkward John Krasinski GIF by Saturday Night Live

• 2Solidarity

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Some small rural towns in this area have "robot gas stations" these days. Can't justify having an employee but they just leave the pumps on 24/7 with video surveillance and inside there's bathrooms plus some vending machines and maybe a microwave + keurig and you've got yourself a 24 hour gas station with no employees except for someone to stop by and mop up and replenish the toilet paper and refill the vending machines every couple days.

• 3Like

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
We already have convenience stores that don’t have any employees. Not surprised that fast food is next.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
damn that headline is pure garbage, also isnt that mcdonalds just an automat

10.jpg
Was just talking about the automats last night. There is an HBO documentary on them we watched the other night. Its a nice look back at a time when America wasn't the shithole it is today.

• 2Like

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Was just talking about the automats last night. There is an HBO documentary on them we watched the other night. Its a nice look back at a time when America wasn't the shithole it is today.

Some other vintage signery from the Golden Age of America
120120104900-greene-racial.jpg

default.jpg

170602-russell-lee-segregation-ac-506p.jpg

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
what we lost
934c5e37d9af90d88794b6212fab836c.jpg

food back in the 50s was probably shit tho
Given how little it has changed in the past 40 years I am going to disagree. The only difference would be that it would include much less processed food. So it would have been healthier and tastier in the 50s.

• 3Like

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Given how little it has changed in the past 40 years I am going to disagree. The only difference would be that it would include much less processed food. So it would have been healthier and tastier in the 50s.
We were well into stuff like trans fats and brominated ingredients and etc too back then tho. Overall probably a little healthier but definitely some things that were unhealthier.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
yo, housewives entertaining guests were on a next level

strange-vintage-food-cooking-recipes-60-5dd3dd1f31947__700.jpg

• 4Barf
Reactions: 3 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Visiting my sister and got this stuff. Tastes like fruit loops. Amazing.

Attachments

• PXL_20221224_130154209.MP.jpg
    PXL_20221224_130154209.MP.jpg
    961.7 KB · Views: 33
  • 3Quality Calories