The Fast Food Thread

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The Sierra Mist rebrand, Starry, is supposed to be pretty decent. Haven't had it myself but friend did a 7UP/Sprite/Starry taste test. Said 7UP was the worst and Starry was more fruity than Sprite.

View attachment 452988
Thought it was awful, carbonation cranked on high, far less flavor/sweetness while still having all the calories. Thought it was based on the fad of seltzer water lately. Sprite clear winner granted I dont really like it either.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
The Sierra Mist rebrand, Starry, is supposed to be pretty decent. Haven't had it myself but friend did a 7UP/Sprite/Starry taste test. Said 7UP was the worst and Starry was more fruity than Sprite.

View attachment 452988
I was gonna grab one at the store as they were having a 3 12-packs for 10 bucks promo. I almost got one but decided on 3 Mtn Dew Pitch Black Zero instead.

• 1Barf
Reactions: 1 user

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
Goddammit, another Quiznos bites the dust. I had cranked up my consumption to help keep the one close to me in business, took a run out there tonight to the place emptied out.

Fucking scamdemic killed all my favorite places. The fuck am I gonna eat now? Everything is bad.

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Fucker

Log Wizard
Goddammit, another Quiznos bites the dust. I had cranked up my consumption to help keep the one close to me in business, took a run out there tonight to the place emptied out.

Fucking scamdemic killed all my favorite places. The fuck am I gonna eat now? Everything is bad.
I went to Subway for the first time in a long time. Ordered a TOASTED Italian BMT. M'fers left out the TOASTED part. TOASTED being the FIRST WORD in the fucking product's name.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Starry’s pretty shit. Has no crispness to it, flavor’s pretty weak. Also branding looks stupid as fuck.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Fucker

Log Wizard
I buy whole prime ribs all the time precisely for this reason. I like brisket, but who the fuck would pay more for brisket than a prime rib. Prime rib is some quality eating. I’ve wondered who the suckers are paying like 22$ a pound for sirloin like I’ve seen, when prime rib prices have barely budged through the pandemics and what not. Even stupider yet, rib-eye is more than twice the price of prime rib at my grocery store. Even if I just threw the bones in the trash I’d save money. People are stupid.
Decent quality steak hasn't been on sale in a while now. July was the last time I got a really good steak at a good price.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>

Jimmy Johns is the best quick sandwich type place IMO.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I like in-n-out burgers but hate their fries. Whataburger ends up being my go to for value burger.
If you're in the Central Texas area P. Terry's is awesome. It's like everything In-and-Out wished it could be. They also maintain actual cheap fast food prices.

• 1Like

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>

The unfortunate part of that is that work caters box lunches from JJs every week for my crew.

So in the past 3 years, I've literally eaten miles of fucking JJs. I like them, but I don't wanna go there when work isn't paying for it.

• 4Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team

Same thing happened to the only one I knew near my work. I frequented it often due to their 5 dollar lunch specials.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I went to Subway for the first time in a long time. Ordered a TOASTED Italian BMT. M'fers left out the TOASTED part. TOASTED being the FIRST WORD in the fucking product's name.

Subway is the doggiest of dogshit with their wood pulp trash bread and their microwaved everything. When Quiznos first got big for their toasted greatness tons of retard fags tried to jump on the bandwagon Subway added these shit tier toaster ovens with their shit tier bread and they never went together your microwaved horse slop on your wood pulp bread always equals dried out burnt cardboard.

Only smart thing Subway ever did was $5 footlongs but that era is long gone thanks to fags like Biden.

Quiznos was solid but sadly didn't have the staying power, Jimmy John's is decent enough the fast food sandwich game. Sadly it sounds like many of you don't live in an area where you can get Pubsubs if you did you'd never go to these lame imposters ever again.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Fucker

Log Wizard
Subway is the doggiest of dogshit with their wood pulp trash bread and their microwaved everything. When Quiznos first got big for their toasted greatness tons of retard fags tried to jump on the bandwagon Subway added these shit tier toaster ovens with their shit tier bread and they never went together your microwaved horse slop on your wood pulp bread always equals dried out burnt cardboard.

Only smart thing Subway ever did was $5 footlongs but that era is long gone thanks to fags like Biden.

Quiznos was solid but sadly didn't have the staying power, Jimmy John's is decent enough the fast food sandwich game. Sadly it sounds like many of you don't live in an area where you can get Pubsubs if you did you'd never go to these lame imposters ever again.
Covid itself killed the food game in a lot of places. Then people not wanting to work buried it. I haven't had a good pizza or sub in almost 2 years. I just moved out of a city that was supposed to have A+ food game, but mostly they all sucked. There was what was supposed to be a top pizza place ONE MILE from my house there. I ordered twice and got cold pizza both times. Another place wanted $40 for a medium. Ordered once and it was burned. There was a sub shop, but their prices were about double what they should have been for just ok food and small sandwiches.

I went to Jimmy John's once. Ordered something with everything on it. Picked it up, got it home, and it was just meat and bread with nothing else. Never went back.

Recently moved to another state. Top rated Chinese place used pre cooked imitation crab in their seafood dish. Uh...wrong on every level. I don't know how you can run a restaurant and not know you aren't supposed to use that at all and if you do, don't cook it again....it is meant to be served COLD.

I hope the looming recession hits hard and brutal and closes down all these places and puts all of their employees in bread lines.

• 1Like

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I miss Togo's from living in the Bay Area. The amount of pastrami they would put on a $9 sandwich was preposterous. Subway being garbage is the only thing me and Boozecube really agree on. Gas stations sell better subs at lower prices.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>

Subway is only acceptable if it is an incredibly busy location, and you have a deal. On top of that, it helps if you know the arabic word for "MORE", so you can yell at the sandwich slave enough to get an appropriate amount of toppings. As such, I almost never go there. It's so fucking infuriating when you ask for the red unions and and they grab like two practically shaved strands and stretch it across the whole sandwich like that's what you wanted.

I don't really like subway, but very rarely I will go to one in like an airport.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>

My local JJs went hardcore on Covid restrictions. They called out people for improper mask wear, not spacing 6 ft, etc, etc. Fuck that whole company just on my local shithole. Give me Jersey Mike's or Whichwich any day of the week and I'll wait a few minutes more.

• 2Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Subway is only acceptable if it is an incredibly busy location, and you have a deal. On top of that, it helps if you know the arabic word for "MORE", so you can yell at the sandwich slave enough to get an appropriate amount of toppings. As such, I almost never go there. It's so fucking infuriating when you ask for the red unions and and they grab like two practically shaved strands and stretch it across the whole sandwich like that's what you wanted.

I don't really like subway, but very rarely I will go to one in like an airport.
I only ever go to JJs or Thundercloud Subs.

Every other sandwich place is shit. I have no idea why Austin has so many Jason's Deli. I hate Whichwich. I guess I don't mind Jersey Mike's but mine is right next to Chik-Fil-A so it never wins out when I am in that area.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
I’ve only ever had Jersey Mike’s after moving to our house. Not sure if we just have a good location, but have 0 complaints. Staff is even friendlier than Chick-fil-A, they’re fast even when busy, and never have had an issue with any of our orders since we’ve started going there. I don’t have anywhere else to really compare to, but I get a good sub for a reasonable price and always a positive experience, so it’s an A+ in my book.

• 2Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
i haven't had subway in maybe 10years but i remember their yoga mat bread tasting really good, is this just memberberries?