The Fast Food Thread

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I had to google to see that's some sort of chain.

There's a part of KC called Mission and I was like "Is this a new place? WTF?"
in my mind if i hear "mission", i think of san fran mission ghetto and stay the fuck away, i remember 1 time in jersey i went to find a place that would accept, lightly used or unused makeup (my wife just had drawers full) and it was a womens battered/recovery house/place? (i had dropped off bags of professional womens clothes, they also said they'd appreciate lots of socks too)

anyway this street was rough, like it was the business district and then you turn into mission st/alleyway and your like wtf, who is gonna jump me?

• 1Smuggly
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
in my mind if i hear "mission", i think of san fran mission ghetto and stay the fuck away, i remember 1 time in jersey i went to find a place that would accept, lightly used or unused makeup (my wife just had drawers full) and it was a womens battered/recovery house/place? (i had dropped off bags of professional womens clothes, they also said they'd appreciate lots of socks too)

anyway this street was rough, like it was the business district and then you turn into mission st/alleyway and your like wtf, who is gonna jump me?
Here is the link if anyone wants to look for one around them. The BBQ is decent but the main driver for me is them being veteran oriented.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Mission BBQ is decent to good, a little overpriced for what you get but honestly that is almost an BBQ joint these days. I feel like they are decently constant. Not the best shit you can find but I don't think you can have a bad experience there. They have some solid cheddar jalapeño sausage too.

I second this. I do the 3 meat sampler with brisket, pulled ck, and cheddar sausage and it's always a solid but overpriced meal when I need BBQ. They are like a Chik-Fil-A that doesn't need to virtue signal.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Rudy's is my go to BBQ outside of special occassions when I go down to Lockhart.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Oh, now I remember why Mission BBQ sounds familiar...that's the place that plays the Star Spangled Banner at noon everyday, and every so often it will trigger someone.

The latest was a Tiktok post where the person said this was "by far the most dangerous situation I’ve ever been in" (they've now made their account private), and then when it percolated its way through Reddit, you'd get people mocking that narrative along with the usual defensive posts

1689026580808.png

• 3Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member

Chinese Style Sausage (Lap Xuong Thuong Hang) - 14oz [Pack of 1]

91Et5DUxwAL._SL1500_.jpg

you can find it in any of the asian grocers in overland park, but don't bother unless you plan to buy more asian stuff, $10 is a bit pricey, but the last time i bought (a few months ago?) was already 8.50 cuz of biden, so amazon is the best way, i know theres really no reason for you to hop on there.
We used to buy a bunch and throw them in the freezer. I love that shit just sliced and fried on white rice with chili crisp.

• 2Like

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>

Chinese Style Sausage (Lap Xuong Thuong Hang) - 14oz [Pack of 1]

91Et5DUxwAL._SL1500_.jpg

you can find it in any of the asian grocers in overland park, but don't bother unless you plan to buy more asian stuff, $10 is a bit pricey, but the last time i bought (a few months ago?) was already 8.50 cuz of biden, so amazon is the best way, i know theres really no reason for you to hop on there.

I haven't been down near those groceries in a while (think there's a few off Metcalf, north and south of 435). The one I'm around more often is near the river market, but I think I remember you telling me you'd been inside that one before and weren't impressed...so I've never gone inside, LOL

I'm totally going to Amazon it because I'm also lazy AF

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
  • 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I haven't been down near those groceries in a while (think there's a few off Metcalf, north and south of 435). The one I'm around more often is near the river market, but I think I remember you telling me you'd been inside that one before and weren't impressed...so I've never gone inside, LOL

I'm totally going to Amazon it because I'm also lazy AF
the one by the river i haven't been, i was told it's huge but parking is shitty

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
We used to buy a bunch and throw them in the freezer. I love that shit just sliced and fried on white rice with chili crisp.
yea thats what i do when i open up a package, i slice it all up and freeze it, really only use like half a sausage for fried rice...

i will be in dire straits when i start using spam, holy shit just end me

• 1Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
yea thats what i do when i open up a package, i slice it all up and freeze it, really only use like half a sausage for fried rice...

i will be in dire straits when i start using spam, holy shit just end me
My Filipino physiology is 5% Spam.

• 2Worf

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
  • 2Like