The Fast Food Thread

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
My coworker brought those in and I didnt think they were that bad. Interesting to try but wouldnt buy a whole pack.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
View attachment 530101

Grabbed a bag of these. TBH they aren't great. Not enough to be revolting, but definitely don't recommend.

walmart also has 12 packs of the coconut drp. Nice

AI shit

I dont get it. The same dumb gag twice in a row, after no one bit the first time.

TBH I'd rather you post shitty AI and fakes than the degenerate furry bestiality you jerk your beta clit to

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Getting "authentic" Texas BBQ that comes with poutine is like getting "authentic" Chinese food that comes with a Bhan Mi sandwich. There is no such thing as authentic US poutine because it is a Canadian dish.

For everyone else re: Queso vs. Poutine - They are too different to be compared to each other. Queso is fucking awesome and you can throw any sort of meat into it to make it great. Poutine has thick brown gravy over fries and there is no red-blooded American that could deny the appeal of those two things together.

I had some duck fat poutine in Dallas that blew my fucking mind, only time I've ever had it though.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Sevens

Log Wizard
Dude, poutine is pretty amazing. I've grown up eating cheese curds because all my family's in Wisconsin, and when you melt them on crispy french fries with some sort of protein based gravy, that's very hard to beat.

There was a seafood bar and grill restaurant here close to the house that we used to go to all the time that shut down I guess during covid. Had a lobster poutine that was amazing. Eating there a handful of times and despite it being a very rich appetizer, I always ordered it because they did a fantastic job.

Poutine and queso are two different things. Case I was pure cheese that you use some sort of crunchy vehicle to stick in your mouth, while poutine is french fries cheese and meat, no different than chili cheese fries, except it's typically a gravy.

I'm not Canadian, with a couple of times I've had good poutine, it's amazing. 10 times better than going into them decent Mexican restaurant and ordering chips and queso. It's apples and oranges.
Can you please actually explain what is cheese curds? I mean I know, technically, what they are but I have never been able to tell the taste apart from just regular cheese.

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Can you please actually explain what is cheese curds? I mean I know, technically, what they are but I have never been able to tell the taste apart from just regular cheese.
Curds and whey. That's just part of the cheese making process. They're typically saltier than whatever type of cheese is being made. The best thing is if you go to cheese factories in Wisconsin everyday they typically have bags of cheese curds that are still warm, and when you eat them they squeak, that's when you know that's the good stuff.

They don't necessarily taste like the cheese they come from, but it has its own unique flavor. Nothing beats cold beer, summer sausage, crackers, and fresh cheese curds. This is something I grew up with any time I visited my family up north, and it's always a treat when I get the good stuff while visiting for my uncle will send me down a box of cheese during the winter.

My grandmother used to do that every year as long as I can remember. She would send Christmas presents, and another box just packed with cheese because it was cold enough outside that it could be transported without spoiling. Since she passed away a member of years ago my uncle kind of took the job over. I know the last time I was up there for his youngest daughter's wedding, one morning we went out to one of the local cheese factories by Rapids, and I think I bought $150 worth of cheese. The prices direct from the factory are so much better than anything you'll ever find, and we ate on that for a good year and a half or so. We just do a lot of charcuterie and cheese plates for easy meals with raw vegetables and Dill dip.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hekotat

I tried buldak ramen noodles last night for the first time. I put a slice of American cheese on there, I was skeptical but damn was it good.

It was so hot though, I will try half a packet next time. You heat lovers would enjoy it. They have an even hotter version too, I can't even imagine it.

1716749811759.png

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
I tried buldak ramen noodles last night for the first time. I put a slice of American cheese on there, I was skeptical but damn was it good.

It was so hot though, I will try half a packet next time. You heat lovers would enjoy it. They have an even hotter version too, I can't even imagine it.

View attachment 530331
You might like the carbo version better. But yes, been eating buldak for a few years now. I buy the sauce by the bottle to put in other stuff like vegetables and soup too. It's pretty great in anything you would use other hot sauces on. The 2x spicy is at my heat limit for sure. My face went numb after eating that.

My favorite is probably the curry version, but they are all good. Amazon has lots of variety packs from various places if you want to just see what they are like.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Harshaw

Throbbing Member

View attachment 530331
Try this version:
61t9XvwXbqL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

• 1Quality Calories
  • 1Mother of God
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Let's check in on how retarded restaurants have decided to act.

Cracker Barrel CEO says it needs an overhaul. Here's what to expect.

Does anyone notice the mind-numbingly stupid part of the article?

"We're just not as relevant as we once were," Cracker Barrel CEO Julie Felss Masino said on a May 16 conference call to discuss her plans to update the restaurants.

Masino, a former Taco Bell executive who stepped into the role of Cracker Barrel CEO in August, said the company "has lost some of its shine" and needs a "transformation" to continue to appeal to its current customer base and draw new diners.

In what world does a struggling restaurant hire the former head of Taco Bell, a fast food restaurant that has seen it's innovation, offerings, quality, and appeal decline over the last decade? I cannot wait to see Cracker Barrel's new menu where they eliminate every dish that is even remotely popular, start using shittier quality ingredients, and hire more employees that truly do not give a fuck about their job.

Then there is this gem:

The chain also plans to tweak its pricing tiers, with Masino noting that prices at about 60% of its restaurants are in its lowest cost tier. But she suggested that some restaurants could be charging more.

I mean, who wants less expensive food?

It just defies belief that C-level in these companies get paid multiple millions of dollars a year to run companies into the ground, only to leave for a competitor that thinks these same people are going to help their business.

• 2Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Let's check in on how retarded restaurants have decided to act.

Cracker Barrel CEO says it needs an overhaul. Here's what to expect.

Does anyone notice the mind-numbingly stupid part of the article?

In what world does a struggling restaurant hire the former head of Taco Bell, a fast food restaurant that has seen it's innovation, offerings, quality, and appeal decline over the last decade? I cannot wait to see Cracker Barrel's new menu where they eliminate every dish that is even remotely popular, start using shittier quality ingredients, and hire more employees that truly do not give a fuck about their job.

Then there is this gem:

It just defies belief that C-level in these companies get paid multiple millions of dollars a year to run companies into the ground, only to leave for a competitor that thinks these same people are going to help their business.
this is the problem
ceo

• 3Worf
  • 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 5 users

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
TBH I wish more places tiered there food prices based on local costs. Why the hell should I be subsidizing expensive cities?

It's the reason I go to mom and pop restaurants 95% of the time now. Their cost reflects what it actually costs to make food where I live, not some averaged calculation over the whole US so you can keep prices uniform for the customer.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Cracker Barrel gets what they deserve for hiring a white liberal cunt from California as their CEO

• 7Like
  • 2Truth!
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 9 users

Hekotat

That's all CEOs know these days, increase profit margin to 1000% or greater. Greed will take them all in the end once they've milked everyone to the bone that they can, not realizing they are killing their own company. If it's an investment group they do this then dump the company, they don't care if it fails, they got their profits and on to the next easy target, it's a very disturbing trend I've watched take over any company I've worked at.

• 2Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Cracker Barrel gets what they deserve for hiring a white liberal cunt from California as their CEO
the last time i had cracker barrel is was only alright, we'd get it in the 00s driving to ny from va on 95, when we had it 1 time in ks, it was more cracker than barrel

Sludig

Buzzfeed Editor
One example of non and pop maybe not being cheap. it's store made at least not mad produced. But 2 (big) scoops ice cream, a elite corn cup, and large coconut water (misnomer the Mexican waters can be fairly thick but milk doesn't sound right either.

16.75 before any tip

ps avacado and mango
1000004396.jpg

Sevens

Log Wizard
One example of non and pop maybe not being cheap. it's store made at least not mad produced. But 2 (big) scoops ice cream, a elite corn cup, and large coconut water (misnomer the Mexican waters can be fairly thick but milk doesn't sound right either.

16.75 before any tip

ps avacado and mango
View attachment 530411
Untitled.jpg

Braum's Ice Cream

And if you dont like the classic ice cream flavor or topping you can change it for no up charge.
And damn good ice cream, the best I have ever had.

• 1Like

Sludig

Buzzfeed Editor
View attachment 530594
Braum's Ice Cream

And if you dont like the classic ice cream flavor or topping you can change it for no up charge.
And damn good ice cream, the best I have ever had.
Ya I was happy to have them out here since I liked them as a kid in Texas. And my usual go to spot, love a lot of their flavors. I just like some wierd mexican stuff from time to time since I dont care for Braums food really. But best price for sure on ice cream. I'd think the split is smaller scoops though, usually i'm pretty happy w/ 2 big scoops. Not sure the flavors I usually like would play with most split type toppings but I'm also not creative enough.

• 1Like