The Fast Food Thread

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
View attachment 529959

This was much better BBQ attempt. Almost didn't risk it after the brisket debacle. Authentic Beef short rib and poutine Texas bbq

Getting "authentic" Texas BBQ that comes with poutine is like getting "authentic" Chinese food that comes with a Bhan Mi sandwich. There is no such thing as authentic US poutine because it is a Canadian dish.

For everyone else re: Queso vs. Poutine - They are too different to be compared to each other. Queso is fucking awesome and you can throw any sort of meat into it to make it great. Poutine has thick brown gravy over fries and there is no red-blooded American that could deny the appeal of those two things together.

• 2Truth!
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
He regularly sides with Cybsled and the dog fucker. Did you think he wasn't a complete, flaming retard?

Excuse me, in a food thread refer to me as the:

Carb eater,
Sugar tamer,
Glycogen loader,
Glucose ingester

You have the iq of a flaming, hot cheeto except you think looking at the cheeto makes you fat, so you don't look at yourself in a mirror because you're repulsed by your own reflection

Mirror, mirror on the wall
Who is the most retarded of them all

The sad, lonely twat
Who thinks carbs make you fat

Liquid death is his name
Quack science is his game

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Getting "authentic" Texas BBQ that comes with poutine is like getting "authentic" Chinese food that comes with a Bhan Mi sandwich. There is no such thing as authentic US poutine because it is a Canadian dish.

For everyone else re: Queso vs. Poutine - They are too different to be compared to each other. Queso is fucking awesome and you can throw any sort of meat into it to make it great. Poutine has thick brown gravy over fries and there is no red-blooded American that could deny the appeal of those two things together.
Fries are supposed to be crispy. Wont say is /hate/ poutine, but I never willingly buy anything with soggy fries. Covered, smothered, gravy or cheesy fries? PASS.

Now if I was in France, I'd probably try whatever they shoveled in front of me. Absolute hell hole of a country in most ways, but damned if they can't cook. I've had quite a few meals that sound mid or kinda not great on paper be absolutely amazing in that country. If anyone is going to make soupy texas poutine delicious, it'd be the french.

• 1Pathetic
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Fries are supposed to be crispy. Wont say is /hate/ poutine, but I never willingly buy anything with soggy fries. Covered, smothered, gravy or cheesy fries? PASS.

Now if I was in France, I'd probably try whatever they shoveled in front of me. Absolute hell hole of a country in most ways, but damned if they can't cook. I've had quite a few meals that sound mid or kinda not great on paper be absolutely amazing in that country. If anyone is going to make soupy texas poutine delicious, it'd be the french.

I hear that, soggy fries are a pass. BUT, if you get it right they have the fries super crispy and the fresh cheese & gravy are poured over it. Just like Nachos will get soggy if you let them sit for 10+ min, poutine needs to be eaten straight away to be enjoyable.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>

Carb eater,
Sugar tamer,
Glycogen loader,
Glucose ingester

You have the iq of a flaming, hot cheeto except you think looking at the cheeto makes you fat, so you don't look at yourself in a mirror because you're repulsed by your own reflection

The sad, lonely twat

Liquid death is his name

You are the most autistic remaining member of this forum and it isn't even close.

• 2Truth!
  • 1Solidarity

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>

This asshole got my McDonald’s fries nerfed and he dies eating vegan
yess-yes.gif

• 3Worf

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Taste like burnt imitation corn chips plus fruity pebbles

Taste: 3/10
Heat: 4/10

20240524_113258.jpg

• 1Dislike
Reactions: 1 user

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I hate poutine because you make fries soggy as shit. Which defeats the purpose. They are only tolerable when the fries are super crispy and you eat it immediately.

When you do a poutine type thing on mashed potatoes its perfect though.

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>

Exactly, like I said their apples and oranges. Both are completely wonderful, but they each have their place and their appropriate use in the culinary world.

I will say one thing with poutine, it's easier to make a meal out of it, unless you use queso to make a giant plate of nachos. There was a place back in college we used to go to called Zapata's on Northgate, and you could order a trash can lid, it was literally a metal garbage can lid used as a baking sheet cake filled with nachos. Covered in beans, meat, pico de gallo, and copious amounts of queso. Quality wise is pretty lackluster, but when you're a poor college kid, it was a feast. Would go there on the weekends and I remember one dude putting away like a half of it by himself, this is the same man who also ate a football size pot roast and one sitting. He was one of the best drinking buddies I ever had.

God bless the man.

I agree though queso and poutine might be similar but they're radically different, and each have their own wonderful place in The culinary world.

• 1Solidarity

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>

This asshole got my McDonald’s fries nerfed and he dies eating vegan
You know that fucker got quadruple vaxxed or whatever. Oh Jesus, I shouldn't laugh at it but I can't help myself. Maybe he's in hell surrounded by Big Macs and quarter pounders attacking him Non-Stop?

• 2Like
  • 1Worf

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>

This.

Texas or Southwest BBQ (Texas/Oklahoma mostly) is traditionally brisket. The sides that you can get with this are green beans, pinto beans, coleslaw, mac and cheese, baked potatoes. Along with some classic desserts like cobbler.

That is Texas BBQ. It never comes with fries if you're going for authentic. Old fashioned BBQ places never serve fries.

• 3Like

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
This.

Texas or Southwest BBQ (Texas/Oklahoma mostly) is traditionally brisket. The sides that you can get with this are green beans, pinto beans, coleslaw, mac and cheese, baked potatoes. Along with some classic desserts like cobbler.

That is Texas BBQ. It never comes with fries if you're going for authentic. Old fashioned BBQ places never serve fries.
Yeah typically if you're going to get a potato based dish with barbecue it's going to be a stuffed Spud. Recycle play some Brennan when I was growing up call Brazos valley barbecue. What's this little shack right on main Street, and I don't believe they're open any longer, but you could get one there and for maybe 5 or $6, get up brisket loaded baked potato that was just massive, and it was an utter meal.

That's not to say though that if you couldn't do double fried or triple fried fries or chips in the British style where they're more like steak fries, you couldn't incorporate them into some delicious barbecue fare.

It's hard to beat a good smoked baked potato though. I always get a few around especially if I know I'm going to do pulled pork or some other form of barbecue, Eminem if you evenings I'll go ahead and bust out potatoes and we'll do a revamp for leftovers. Always the best when it's cold outside. Just rib sticking goodness.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
You know that fucker got quadruple vaxxed or whatever. Oh Jesus, I shouldn't laugh at it but I can't help myself. Maybe he's in hell surrounded by Big Macs and quarter pounders attacking him Non-Stop?
That battle doesn't sound like hell.

• 3Worf

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>

Carb eater,
Sugar tamer,
Glycogen loader,
Glucose ingester

The sad, lonely twat

Liquid death is his name

I dont get it. The same dumb gag twice in a row, after no one bit the first time.

We don't even get high quality trolls anymore. Sad
I know I'm giving you the attention you crave, but I just have to ask: you sniff your own farts, don't you?

• 1Quality Calories

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
1716574806478.jpeg

Grabbed a bag of these. TBH they aren't great. Not enough to be revolting, but definitely don't recommend.

walmart also has 12 packs of the coconut drp. Nice

• 1Solidarity