The Fast Food Thread

Agraza

Registered Hutt
Well I've read that Japan, or perhaps just Tokyo, likes its quirky one-of-a-kind restaurants. I suppose it's the only way to establish a niche when service and quality are both already very high. I'd love to visit.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I should not read this thread at dinner time. I'm jonesing for some fried chicken now and the nearest KFC is 200 miles away.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Interesting. Not gonna lie, I would try all of them:

PepsiCo to Launch New Line of Fountain Sodas - WSJ
Can't read the full story, but it sounds like this is Pepsi's attempt at competing with the Freestyle Coke machines that are popping up all over the place. I have to admit, going to a boring old Pepsi soda fountain after using the Coke Freestyle machine is a pretty depressing endeavor.

Just think how much more satisfying it will be after that commute.
I know you're likely joking, but it's true. I once got a hankering for KFC when I was in college late at night, so I drove the 45ish minutes from campus to the closest KFC I knew of to satiate my craving. The anticipation during the drive was practically erotic. The sad thing is that when I got back to my dorm I saw that my roommate had come home (saw the light on from the parking lot) so I sat in my car and ate it.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
kfc and japan has always been funky, they started offering chicken and wine on christmas and have ever since, theres even a japanese phrase translated to Kentucky For Christmas, this is going back to the 70's. No one is christian in Japan btw, except foreigners, it's just a money grab holiday.
Yup, Christmas Day is a normal work day in Japan. It doesn't mean they don't decorate and shit but it's not a super special day like it is here.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
kfc and japan has always been funky, they started offering chicken and wine on christmas and have ever since, theres even a japanese phrase translated to Kentucky For Christmas, this is going back to the 70's. No one is christian in Japan btw, except foreigners, it's just a money grab holiday.
?????????????!

On a side note, the KFC here fucking sucks.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Yup, Christmas Day is a normal work day in Japan. It doesn't mean they don't decorate and shit but it's not a super special day like it is here.
True, but the 23rd is a public holiday, and people usually take off the 1st, 2nd and 3rd off for New Year.

We also get two sets of 3 public holidays in a row this year. Japan has something crazy like 24 public holidays this year. If they didn't have so many public holidays, there would be so much moreKaroshi

Gravy

Bronze Squire
Forgive my ignorance, Chysamere, but are you Japanese, or another nationality living there?

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Just think how much more satisfying it will be after that commute.
rrr_img_99443.jpg

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Can't read the full story, but it sounds like this is Pepsi's attempt at competing with the Freestyle Coke machines that are popping up all over the place. I have to admit, going to a boring old Pepsi soda fountain after using the Coke Freestyle machine is a pretty depressing endeavor.

I know you're likely joking, but it's true. I once got a hankering for KFC when I was in college late at night, so I drove the 45ish minutes from campus to the closest KFC I knew of to satiate my craving. The anticipation during the drive was practically erotic. The sad thing is that when I got back to my dorm I saw that my roommate had come home (saw the light on from the parking lot) so I sat in my car and ate it.
Nah, not that at all. It's basically Pepsi trying to introduce fountain drinks that are more "craft" soda similar to Jones soda. Like more specialized flavors, real cane sugar, etc. looks to have about 8 flavors each with a bar-tap style handle.

Here's another link:

Pepsi says its new Stubborn soda will pour like beer - Jun. 5, 2015

Has flavors like agave vanilla cream, orange hibiscus, pineapple cream, black cherry with hibiscus

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Yeah, I don't mean to say that Pepsi is trying to copy Coke's freestyle machines. I just feel like Pepsi saw Coke doing something new and different, so they're trying to do something new and different as well.

I'm eager to try them, although I think the flavors sound a lot more exotic than they actually will taste. You can already get cherry, orange, lemon/lime/berry, vanilla, and root beer flavored sodas, so I'm not sure how different these are really going to be from what's already around.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Yeah, I don't mean to say that Pepsi is trying to copy Coke's freestyle machines. I just feel like Pepsi saw Coke doing something new and different, so they're trying to do something new and different as well.

I'm eager to try them, although I think the flavors sound a lot more exotic than they actually will taste. You can already get cherry, orange, lemon/lime/berry, vanilla, and root beer flavored sodas, so I'm not sure how different these are really going to be from what's already around.
All soda tastes the same?

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
I don't think that is what he's saying, and I kinda agree with him tbh. Agave vanilla cream will probably just taste like another brand of cream soda for example. I still want to try it though
It was a joke. The man thinks all pizza tastes the same

Gnomedolf

<Silver Donator>
I tried the Wendy's crispy dill chicken sandwich tonight ($1.50). I really liked it. Would and will eat again. It has a distinctive taste thanks to the dill pickles and cucumber dill sauce.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Per recommendation from this thread, I had Carls Jr. breakfast yesterday morning. It was ok, but doesn't beat What-a-burger or McDonalds. Wouldn't go out of my way to get it again.
frown.png
Had their biscuit and gravy, and their bacon egg cheese biscuit.