The Fast Food Thread

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Got that pretzel crust on my pizza from pizza hut. I dig it. Unfortunately the toppings on the pizza are questionable, but the crust is amazing.
Yea, the crust improvements have turned me into a pizza hut loyalist now. Have yet to be disappointed with one. If they ever remove all the new options they're complete idiots.

Vaclav

Best onion rings I've ever had were from Luthor's BBQ in Metarie, Louisiana. Not sure those are around anymore, they also made a really good BBQ sandwich.
I've always found places that fry fish tend to have the best myself. Almost wonder if its better experience with battering and/or a little pollution of the oil with a tiny bit of fish flavor - but ALWAYS if I see fish and chips (or an equivalent) and onion rings on the menu, I LOVE the onion rings.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I've always found places that fry fish tend to have the best myself. Almost wonder if its better experience with battering and/or a little pollution of the oil with a tiny bit of fish flavor - but ALWAYS if I see fish and chips (or an equivalent) and onion rings on the menu, I LOVE the onion rings.
Nearly anywhere that fries fish like that will have a separate frier for non-fish, just for logistical reasons.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
logistical reasons would be different temps btw, along w/ most ppl don't want a "fishy" taste/smell w/ their fries/chips.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Im doing a bit of travelling at the moment, and my little hotel in bumfuck coal town charges 4.99 a day for hi-speed internet. To counter balance the cost, I ate the fuck out of their continental breakfast. More than anything else when I travel, I love continental breakfasts. The waffle making machines, the crank dispensed cereal, the unlimited muffins and bagels...there is something magical about continental breakfasts.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Countdown time bros, 3 days until we get hotdog infused pizza crust. Better believe im getting that day 1. Will post reviews for science. Told my wife it was going to be the best day of my life and she got sad.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
logistical reasons would be different temps btw, along w/ most ppl don't want a "fishy" taste/smell w/ their fries/chips.
Also the logistical reasons of cooking everything at the same time to order.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Best onion rings I've ever had were from Luthor's BBQ in Metarie, Louisiana. Not sure those are around anymore, they also made a really good BBQ sandwich.
Yeah, sadly no luthor's around anymore, thanks for bringing it up jerk. That place was so good, used to go there with my family all the time as a kid.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
The best fast-food chain onion rings are probably Culvers, they're damn tasty, and Culvers is pretty wide-spread(at least all through the midwest)

Vaclav

Nearly anywhere that fries fish like that will have a separate frier for non-fish, just for logistical reasons.
Then probably better experience with battering then. Never worked fast food even a moment of my life and due to a 3rd degree burn even my serving during my college days was short lived. [Fajita skillets are not meant to end up on your arm off the trivet thing]

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Then probably better experience with battering then. Never worked fast food even a moment of my life and due to a 3rd degree burn even my serving during my college days was short lived. [Fajita skillets are not meant to end up on your arm off the trivet thing]
It's probably not the battering technique, more so that the oil is constantly fresh/recycled/filtered, if you ever fry at home, you notice you get that black tar at the bottom, is basically just runoff, batter that keeps on frying for hours and degrades the oil around it, commonly referred to as soot, this stuff needs to be filtered out asap.

A fry place will have great knowledge of working with oil, the 3 main causes of suck ass frying is
water - dilutes your oil
salt - chemically changes the oil (don't put salt in your batter, season your food post frying, not during the dredge)
high heat - high heat destroys oil, whats too high? depends on the oil and the smoke point common oils w/ high smoke points are canola/peanut/cottonseed

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
The best fast-food chain onion rings are probably Culvers, they're damn tasty, and Culvers is pretty wide-spread(at least all through the midwest)
None in Oklahoma, Kansas, or Amarillo area. That's a bummer.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
None in Oklahoma, Kansas, or Amarillo area. That's a bummer.
Looks like they are in the KC Metro Area and Lawrence but that is it for Kansas. Culvers is probably most similar to Braums if I had to compare it to another chain (that you might be familiar with if you are in the okkahoma or North Texas area)

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Ah yes I discovered Braums when I moved out here. Don't have them on the west coast. I do love the little markets they have inside. Their produce is always really fresh.

McCheese

I had a couple bags of these the other night for dinner. hot damn, they are amazing. I know there was some strong hate for the buffalo chicken pizza rolls in this thread a while ago, but I think this nacho cheese blasted version might change some people's minds. Not only do they have the flavor of Doritos on the outside, but the shells are slightly crispier as well.

*Edit* I forgot to add that the ridged shell helps you maintain your grip during eating.

rrr_img_100304.jpg

Xevy

Log Wizard
I hada couple bagsof these the other night for dinner. hot damn, they are amazing.
rrr_img_100304.jpg
Never change.

I always interpreted McCheese as eating them cold as in they had previously been cooked and he didn't remicrowave them. But I could DEFINITELY be wrong.

McCheese

Why do you need help maintaining your grip on a snack you eat entirely in one bite?
You're eating them wrong if you eat them in one bite. The proper way to eat pizza rolls is to bite off the corner, squeeze the innards into your mouth (carefully, it's boiling lava), then finish the rest of the shell.

It's a methodical 3-step process that greatly improves the enjoyment of pizza rolls. If you're just popping them into your mouth like popcorn you're probably a neckbeard fatty.

*Edit* Also, I just read this:

FDA on trans fat: Halt use in U.S. food within 3 years - CNN.com

Looks like trans fat is going away forever. That's a shame, as I firmly believe that trans fat is the reason that pizza rolls are the most delicious grocery store food. They are one of the few foods that still list trans fat on their nutrition labels. I'm going to have to eat my fill before they finally cut out the trans fat for good.