The Fast Food Thread

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
rrr_img_100443.jpg

Since John Stewart joked about it, I can NOT unsee it...

"looks like a group of uncircumcised Italian men jerking off, onto a f*cking pizza. or, if you prefer, pizza wearing an uncircumcised dick bandolier."

Agraza

Registered Hutt
I've never had chili on spaghetti, but once I turned a lasagna preparation into chili. My mom was furious, but that was some damn good chili.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I haven't had Skyline in like 10 years, but I remember that spaghetti being awesome. Also Skyline's chili is a little different, if I am remembering right, it's got some different spices in it like cinnamon or cloves.

Gravy

Bronze Squire
Yeah, it's definitely not what I would call a standard 'chili', but it's very good on its own merit. And you are right, there is something else in there... allspice?

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I haven't been to Cincinnati or tried that so-called "chili" but it sounds like the kind of thing you would make if you were totally out of groceries and drug some shit out of the back of the pantry and made the best of it.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I love Skyline chili dogs and spaghetti. As far as the flavor, it has bakers chocolate and all spice in most of the home recipes I've seen.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
See, Noodle and I are on the same page.

Real question is if he's Nathan's or Hebrew National at this point. (there's other good brands out there, but they seem the universal that are the "goto" for everyone with hot dog preferenes given a choice)
Nathan's are pretty good. I even bought them from a Nathan's place before and the guy looked at me strange because I wanted them plain.

My favorite are ballparks right now, I just enjoy the taste. They're only good if you grill them though, boiling/frying/steaming them just isn't for me.

I enjoy a snappy hotdog as well like Gnomedolf. Sometimes ones from the local deli are good, some Kayem varieties are good. They have a new beef dog out I need to try.

The worst I ever had in my goddamn life though was Oscar Meyer. All these reviews I read kept going on and on about how awesome they were. Sure I'll try that! YUCK! Tasted so sweet and disgusting. The worst. Like rolled up bologna.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I'm actually not a huge fan of N-ways at Skyline. I generally just stick to the coneys there ... which are amazing.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
All this hotdog talk makes me hungry for Corn Dogs. Home-made corndogs are the shit, but getting the huge box outta the freezer section of the store is pretty good too. But you gotta at least double the cook time, get that shit all crispy!

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Cincinnati-style chili has cinnamon, cumin, all spice, chocolate. A lot of the Cincy chili spots were founded by Mediterranean and Middle Eastern folks so there's all sorts of that kinda shit used in it.