The Fast Food Thread

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I can't even it it now, but when I could have no I didn't. I have been all about home cooked meals for my kids whenever possible using better ingredients etc etc, partly for their health and partly to offset the enormous burgers and shit I love to eat, so it never came up.

I am betting that if I made some up today it would still be delicious. It isn't really complicated, a dehydrated sauce, some parboiled pasta, and browned hamburger. What's not to love?

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Oh I never said Ball Park is high quality hot dogs, they are just great taste. I have no confusion about the quality of any store bought hot dog.

Also hamburger helper is gross, but that velveeta brand rip-off is fucking delicious. The hamburger mac n cheese one is so good, but then again you could just buy velveeta shells and mix in hamburger for the same or better effect.

Itlan are you under the assumption that a microwave will catch a paper towel on fire? I believe I have some land in Antarctica to sell you

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm pretty sure I put a paper towel in my microwave when I was younger and that shit lit on fire.

Fuck it, I'm testing it tonight. When my microwave from 1972 explodes and you read about it in the paper, I hope you're satisfied.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Noodle - under some circumstances it can - not sure how but I managed it one time at our old home - I'm sure it was from the dish sparking a little somehow though.

Vaclav

Yeah I know makes no sense. Velveeta straight grosses me out though.
Velveeta is a blend made from cheese scraps - so.... it's actually completely random in quality - there's good batches and bad batches. I used to be a fan in my younger days - less so now after actual cheese tastings and such, but compared to like Kraft slices and shit it's way better.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Bros any of ya'll cook hamburger with beef gravy on top of mashed potatoes or white rice?

I'm sure it's got some ghetto name but I love that shit.
I think we just call it beef and gravy or something, but it's fucking great. We usually have it with mashed potatoes. It really is shepherd's pie minus all the dumb vegetables.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Velveeta is amazing, and I've never known anyone who didn't like it. I always viewed it as the cheese version of canned cranberry sauce.

There are those Belvita breakfast biscuits or some shit they advertise on the radio. For the longest time, I thought they were saying "Velveeta" and I thought it was awesome they were trying to push fake-cheese-product for breakfast.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Yeah, I'm somewhat of a cheese snob and I still love Velveeta.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
On the topic of this has anyone tried the new velveeta jalapeno or chipotle mac n cheese? Need to know if it's good.

THIS IS URGENT.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Hamburger Helper is awesome to this day, particularly the Cheeseburger Macaroni flavor (Stroganoff is great too).

I used to eat the shitty powder mac and cheese when I was a kid, but when I started buying my own groceries and discovered the Velveeta shells and cheese, I have a hard time eating the old stuff anymore. I wouldn't bust off a hunk of Velveeta and put it on a cracker or anything, but in mac and cheese, it is the fucking best. Costs a ton more of course, but worth it.

I also like the Tuna Helper one, not sure what it is called, probably something like Creamy Pasta.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Nostalgia has killed my taste buds, because I can't do any other mac and cheese than the Kraft box kind. something about the flavor just tastes like mac and cheese to me. Shells and cheese are ok (kraft not velveeeta because velveeta is gross, as we have established) but it just isn't as good to me. Generally I prefer it to homemade as well. The trailer park is strong in me, bros.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I'm pretty sure I put a paper towel in my microwave when I was younger and that shit lit on fire.

Fuck it, I'm testing it tonight. When my microwave from 1972 explodes and you read about it in the paper, I hope you're satisfied.
When you microwave leftovers do you just left them pop and explode all over in your microwave? WTF dude. Of course you can microwave a paper towel.

Velveeta is pretty disgusting, but it does provide the superior form of mac n cheese unless you're going all out and making it from scratch.

Crone

My Mom made me Velveeta mac and cheese my entire life. It wasn't until I moved out on my own at 18 that I ever even had box mac and cheese. Love them both though, but stay the fuck away with your Hamburger / Tuna Helper. Gross! haha

Gnomedolf

<Silver Donator>
I consider myself a mac and cheese expert. Kraft mac and cheese has become a big ripoff. They have reduced the number of macaroni's and made them smaller than they used to be. They've also thinned out the cheese sauce. The way to go now is Walmart brand mac and cheese. It's basically what the Kraft version used to be years ago, but cheaper.