The Fast Food Thread

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Man, I miss the fried apple and cherry pies that McD's used to have.

How about a bacon potato pie?

bnr_baconpotatopie.jpg

or a Peach pie?

mv_creampie-launch.jpg

I love that the second picture has "Creampie" in the name.

Edit: Wait, you mean Mcdonalds in America doesn't have these anymore?

apple_pie_bite.jpg

Seriously? I thought things were supposed to be as American as apple pie. I checked, you can still get them nearly everywhere else.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Seriously? I thought things were supposed to be as American as apple pie. I checked, you can still get them nearly everywhere else.

They got rid of them awhile back in the States when everyone was attacking fried foods here. It's been gone since like the early 90's.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
McDonalds had poorer than expected sales and couldn't figure out why. "Hey guys, maybe we need to go healthy!"

Too bad it had nothing to do with selling unhealthy food and everything to do with their quality and taste taking a nosedive because they changed how they made a ton of stuff.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
American McDonalds sounds like dumpster tier food. Shame because it's quite good in other countries.

• 1Like

Xevy

Log Wizard
McDonald's still have apple pies. They're probably microwaved instead of deep fried though. They also rotate seasonal ones like pumpkin and strawberries and cream.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I grew up on McD's so it's my go to fast food joint. It's also the most dependable when it comes to consistency of their food. The funny thing is here in the States, the more they go away from their main menu the worse they seem to do.

Plus I'd say that 90% of the people that eat fast food here in the US aren't adventurous eaters at all. They like what they like and don't try much else.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
McDonald's still have apple pies. They're probably microwaved instead of deep fried though. They also rotate seasonal ones like pumpkin and strawberries and cream.

Yeah we still have apple pies but it has more of a traditional pie dough covering now. It's almost more like a small apple strudel.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
My pasta pass arrived! So regal! It's got it's own box and everything! I'm ready for 7 Weeks to Eat Elite!

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
They frozen, then baked and stored in that old ass tin heater on the counter.

• 1Like

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The "artisan grilled chicken" from McDeathwish is terrible. I should have just gone hungry.
The Signature Siracha is freakin' amazing, as a hamburger or chicken. Not the grilled chicken though. Those little crispy onions they put on it, fuck yes!

• 1Like

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
KFC still fries their pies don't they? I haven't been to one for years since the local one closed but last time I was there they were hot, crispy, and delicious.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
KFC still fries their pies don't they? I haven't been to one for years since the local one closed but last time I was there they were hot, crispy, and delicious.

Yeah KFC have them still. Pizza Hut has them too actually.