The Fast Food Thread

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Their steak quesarito is legit, followed closely behind by chicken. That's got to me my favorite menu item.
You mean to tell me they don't use the same steak/chicken in everything? wtf? now I gotta go get a steak quesarito and see how it differs. But I don't like the steak at Chipotle either. Guess I'm just a beef snob.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I would assume its the same steak. I just think its passable, considering the TB price points.

Louis

Trakanon Raider
Those stackers are a fucking steal. $1 for $2 value? Yea, I'll take 3.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
You mean to tell me they don't use the same steak/chicken in everything? wtf? now I gotta go get a steak quesarito and see how it differs. But I don't like the steak at Chipotle either. Guess I'm just a beef snob.
In my extensive testings, steak is the most inconsistent 'meat'.
I choose ground beef over steak 90+% of the time for this reason despite seeming like the incorrect choice.
Steak can be chewy, rubbery, stringy... So many places use stew beef and call it steak.
Chicken is almost always safer. Ground beef is for when you're tired of chicken.
Edit: I'm referring to "steak" in general, across all platforms.

Oldbased

> Than U
Now until Jan2nd NYRES will get 50% off everything at Papa Johns.
I know many prefer other pizza places but I liked their baked wings.
If it saves even one person a few bucks, hey Happy New Years.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Funny thing about taco bell, as I was growing up I use to think people who got bean burritos were the dumbest mother fuckers on the planet. Now I don't get a meal without at least a classic bean burrito and a beefy 5-layer burrito. God nabbit if I don't love em now.

I like them too. I'm not sure why because it's just a gummy white tortilla wrapped around some bean paste but it's pretty great.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Papa John's is fine for large scale chain pizza. Better than shit like Pizza Hut.

Doesn't hurt that it's permanent 50% off for pick up (40% delivery).

Crone

I like them too. I'm not sure why because it's just a gummy white tortilla wrapped around some bean paste but it's pretty great.
Lol... must all be figuring this out more recently, because I love that shit too. The deal at Taco Bell to get 10 of em is pretty common around my house between kids and the wife. We all love them. The $5 Cravings Deal has ruined me though. You get so much food for $5, or if I order other things instead, it's $10. Just doesn't make sense. Cheesy Gordita Crunch, regular hard/soft taco, burrito supreme, nachos, and a drink for $5. Well $5.49 now since they brought it back.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I used to like them till a couple guys at work decided to have an eating contest with them. One guy tapped out at I think 11 the other was on his 13th when he decided hopping up and down would 'pack it in'. Seconds later it was a fountain of puke I will never forget.

joz123

Potato del Grande
The cravings deals are 6 bucks out here. Also the 5 dollar fill-ups at KFC out here are like 5.50. Damn false advertising.

Crone

Taco bell gave me a new years eve gift and still have their steakhouse stuff. Got the burrito and a $5 crave deal to make sure I bring in the new year stuffed!

• 2Like

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
That video is terrible. America has been becoming much more health conscious over the last couple decades, so it's no wonder a mediocre fast food joint that focuses on serving up one of the most unhealthy foods in existence is suffering. The other problems, such as cleanliness and prices, are symptoms of the overall decline. The Chick-fil-a comparison is awful, because it serves a vastly different product than KFC (chicken sandwiches compared to buckets of fried chicken), and Chick-fil-a has the novelty and growth factor going for it. It's a lot easier to be successful when you can still open new stores in new places. KFC has been around for so long they've basically blanketed the country. This is a similar problem that McDonald's has been facing for a while.

The guy who made this video is also apparently a massive hick who has never left his podunk town. The reason KFC is popular overseas is NOT because of marketing. It's because overseas KFC is exotic. Traditional fried chicken like you find at KFC is a pretty uniquely American food. In many countries, if you want to buy fried chicken, KFC is literally your only option and it's something interesting and different. That's dramatically different than the U.S., where every little town has AT LEAST a KFC and Popeyes, not to mention mom and pop fried chicken joints.

Stupid video is stupid.

Melvin

Blackwing Lair Raider
I made it about 2 minutes into the video and stopped watching when he started fucking whining about fried chicken being greasy.

My favorite part about it was when I remembered there's a Popeyes that just opened up down the street that I haven't been to yet.

• 2Like

Crone

The upfront cost of KFC is pretty expensive. I usually spend $40-50, but I'll get 6+ meals out of it at least. That turns a lot of people off. Shit's just expensive.

Mur

Trakanon Raider
Man I can't do Taco Bell.

Del Taco beef burrito, no red sauce, add green sauce is the bomb. Also great burgers and fries. They never keep either cooked and ready, so they are always fresh to order.

• 1Like

Crone

Man I can't do Taco Bell.

Del Taco beef burrito, no red sauce, add green sauce is the bomb. Also great burgers and fries. They never keep either cooked and ready, so they are always fresh to order.
What is it about Del Taco french fries that are so amazing? They are on par with McDonald's for damn sakes. They are amazing!

• 1Like

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
KFC is just one of those places that when I have it, it's awesome. But I always forget about it and barely ever go.

I've been craving cheesy gordita crunches lately. Town doesn't even have a goddamn taco Bell.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
That's dramatically different than the U.S., where every little town has AT LEAST a KFC and Popeyes, not to mention mom and pop fried chicken joints.

I live in a fried chicken desert. KFC closed here like 10 years ago and nothing has replaced it. The only place to get fried chicken is at the supermarket delis from under the heat lamps. I just found out we are getting a Domino's which we have no need for since we already have Pizza Hut and Little Caesars and I want to go harass the construction workers that are building it and force them to make it a KFC or a Popeye's instead.