The Fast Food Thread

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
"Traditional Greek". Same as before.
More than likely the $9 employee rang you up or the one in back made you the same thing.

They are certainly very very different. The greek one is very thick slices, very greasy, and you can see different seasonings in the shaved meat. This is made in a factory stuff and shipped, no way they have a kabob in back they shave.

Though sadly in Colorado, out of like 8 brick and mortar places ive tried for gyro, best ive had still is a damn push cart vendor when I was going to college. Wish I knew where he ordered his from lol.

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
We had JJ's a few weeks back and she got me extra meat something. It was very lacking and the bread looked waxy. It wasn't terrible but it was awfully light on everything and tasted like preservatives. Last time we had it a yearish ago I remember it being ok. We like Firehouse ok enough. Still haven't tried Jersey Mike's which is really close to us. I miss Quiznos.
If nothing else, ever go to their store? Guess they have some sign about respecting people with guns or something. Owner is very pro 2A, so that alone on the rare situation when I'm getting subs (my last choice) I'll do JJ.

Oldbased

> Than U
Ok fixed my Jersey Mike's bucket list. I copped out and went super club though so still never had a philly cheesesteak.
For a $14 giant sandwich it beats Pen Station, Subway, Firehouse, JJ's. It's pretty good and the bread wasn't overly thick of gummy tasting.
Issue I would have is for $14, I got a pretty good 15 inch sub. I could get 27 inches in subs for that at Subway with the $6 promotion, but it would be more less healthy and tasty.
Overall this will become my sub place, probably because from my doorstep to the store it is less than a 2 minute drive with only 2 stop signs and no lights.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I've had every item on both Firehouses and Jersey Mikes menus and in no way shape or form is anything in JMs better than FHs menu in my opinion.

Oldbased

> Than U
I've had every item on both Firehouses and Jersey Mikes menus and in no way shape or form is anything in JMs better than FHs menu in my opinion.
Normally would agree but having ate at FH a dozen or so times in the past 2 years the past few times I was left feeling it wasn't as fresh or tasty as it used to be. Almost felt like everything had been over refridged or something. Still better than my last JJ's and any subway visit though. Could entirely be just the single location.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
If you're in California I'd say Beach Hut Deli beats out Firehouse and Jersey Mikes. Sour Dough and Co / Mr Pickles are also high up there.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Local places beating out large chains isn't really shocking, is it?

Well all the places I mentioned are franchised and have a good amount of em in California.

edit: actually oregon and nevada too for beach hut

B-Biscuit

Bronze Knight of the Realm
most of the locally owned joints around here suck actually.

Its true, most places around here order all their ingredients from GFS and a lot of the time it's done with the most basic forms of recipes so it's bland. And it's like 60% pizza parlors, 30% little diners that serve your basics.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Xevy

Log Wizard
Had Jersey MIke's at the airport. Got the Italian. Completely underwhelmed. JJ's Italian is better than that thing. They did have fries, though. They were the battered kind which I like, but weren't seasoned or anything.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I must have bad tastes, because I think JJ's sandwiches are great! I get the gargantuan or whatever, with no bread or tomatoes, and walking out with a massive sandwich and no carbs!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Its true, most places around here order all their ingredients from GFS and a lot of the time it's done with the most basic forms of recipes so it's bland. And it's like 60% pizza parlors, 30% little diners that serve your basics.

You're like my spirit animal or something. I say that all the time here. Most mom and pop joints that people rave about all have the same fucking shit ordered from the same fucking wholesalers. "Oooohhh Italian_Place_01 has such great ravioli!" THEY ARE THE SAME RAVIOLI THAT THE OTHER FIVE ITALIAN PLACES IN TOWN HAVE.

Maybe if it's upscale and has a chef with a name they make their own stuff.

• 1Solidarity

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
What's wrong with a pile of meat?

Even if my local pizza place uses the same ingredients as every other mom and pop place, they certainly taste better. Also they go crazy with cheese and toppings. Place was made for fat dudes.

Funnily enough the owner recognized me from highschool and added me on Facebook. Whenever I'm in he always rings me out (and I'm sure he's been undercharging) and gives me free food all the time. He gave me a small cheese for the kid when he noticed I didn't order one (he was asleep). That's the sort of stuff that sets them apart.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Best pizza place for fat dudes is Mod Pizza. Chipotle for pizza, basically. They make it in front of you, so you can stand there and keep telling them to heap on toppings. They even tell you to get as much as you want.

• 1Like