The Fast Food Thread

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
If you're in California I'd say Beach Hut Deli beats out Firehouse and Jersey Mikes. Sour Dough and Co / Mr Pickles are also high up there.

I'm a big fan of Togo's as well. Their hot pastrami sub is really good.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
The fact that Togo's exists, but not in my part of the country is a big part of my hatred for Subway. I know it's possible to be so much better.

• 1Like

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
I was pissed when these guys left AZ. We would go once a month for the best burgers. I don't know if the Vegas one does this but anyone over 350 ate for free. index

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I'm a big fan of Togo's as well. Their hot pastrami sub is really good.
I go to Togo's twice a week, minimum. All the employees call me by name, the owner gives me free food from time to time and let's me keep using the 99c refill cup from last summer, and I give them all Christmas cards with $20 or more in them.

That's how much I fucking love Togo's.

• 1Solidarity

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Best pizza place for fat dudes is Mod Pizza. Chipotle for pizza, basically. They make it in front of you, so you can stand there and keep telling them to heap on toppings. They even tell you to get as much as you want.

We have a place like this called Blaze. They are popping up everywhere lately.

B-Biscuit

What's wrong with a pile of meat?

Even if my local pizza place uses the same ingredients as every other mom and pop place, they certainly taste better. Also they go crazy with cheese and toppings. Place was made for fat dudes.

Funnily enough the owner recognized me from highschool and added me on Facebook. Whenever I'm in he always rings me out (and I'm sure he's been undercharging) and gives me free food all the time. He gave me a small cheese for the kid when he noticed I didn't order one (he was asleep). That's the sort of stuff that sets them apart.

Not saying there's no place that does it right, some small places put a lot of care into how their food is prepared. Speaking for my local area the general rule is do it as cheap as possible. Meaning unseasoned crust, scimpy toppings and watered down sauce. And around here a lot of cooks seem... hard to keep i guess, because so many places it's all in who cooks it when it's not a chain restaurant with set spices and procedures.

• 1Like

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
For over twenty years, my order at Bojangles has been hands down chicken biscuit combo extra seasoning on both chicken and fries.
But last two times I've gone for the tenders (extra seasoning), and my world is upside down. No regret (except gaining back 4 lbs that I lost). Was truly splendid. Enjoyed every bite and was left with after images and memory trails of biscuit crunch texture.
I packed my lunch today, but I may still go..
7.75/10

And yet.. I want to try the biscuit again.. For science

• 1Like

B-Biscuit

Good biscuits are hard to come by. Not sure why so many places struggle to make them right. Local diner always makes them too thick and must bake them at a high temp cuz they're hard on the outside with a doughy center.

B-Biscuit ain't about them doughy biscuits

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Good biscuits are hard to come by. Not sure why so many places struggle to make them right. Local diner always makes them too thick and must bake them at a high temp cuz they're hard on the outside with a doughy center.

B-Biscuit ain't about them doughy biscuits

Frozen chunks of butter is the trick.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Had Jersey MIke's at the airport. Got the Italian. Completely underwhelmed. JJ's Italian is better than that thing. They did have fries, though. They were the battered kind which I like, but weren't seasoned or anything.

Reminds me of damn thunder subs here in Austin. That place sucks too. @AladainAF was that ever a "good" restaurant around here? Because god damn.

Tenks

Can you really say you tried a place if you had their airport location? Airport terminal food seems to universally suck.

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
Gotta do the #13 at Jersey Mikes. Roast Beef, Turkey and Bacon is a fantastic combo of textures and flavors with their limited toppings. They are becoming stupidly expensive. A fucking giant when from 13.95 to 14.95 which is just insane.

Tenks

Yeah JM has always been redic expensive. For a cost:what I get ratio I actually prefer the $5 footlong at Subway.

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah JM has always been redic expensive. For a cost:what I get ratio I actually prefer the $5 footlong at Subway.

We're blessed with a chain called Nardelli's in central Connecticut. Sandwiches are on nice crispy italian bread, nice layer of meat, good toppings and their full size is 8.95. I fucking love that place.

nardelli-s-grinder-shoppe.jpg

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
We're blessed with a chain called Nardelli's in central Connecticut. Sandwiches are on nice crispy italian bread, nice layer of meat, good toppings and their full size is 8.95. I fucking love that place.

View attachment 130250

That's a good bread-to-meat ratio in the picture. I think there is more meat on one half of that sub than you'd get on TWO footlongs from Subway.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users