The Fast Food Thread

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
It's all good crispy italian bread, bunch of meats including hot capacola that's actually hot.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mrs. Gravy

Quite Saucy
<QUITE SAUCY>
Ate a breakfast sandwich at White Castle today...actually ended up just taking the miniscule eggs and bacon off of the soggy toast and just ate the proteins. It was awful. The only reason I was there was to have a brief visit with my friends who were passing through the area and it is a convenient location off I 55. Bad breakfast served all day should be the motto.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Man I love sampling regional fast food chains but the one I really didn't get was White Castle. Shit is not good. I think the frozen microwavable White Castle sliders that you can buy at the grocery store are better than the real thing.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Man I love sampling regional fast food chains but the one I really didn't get was White Castle. Shit is not good. I think the frozen microwavable White Castle sliders that you can buy at the grocery store are better than the real thing.

You must be high or drunk to enjoy White Castles properly. White Castle breakfast isn't that great. Their waffle sandwiches where decent. Not sure if they still have them though.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
To this day the greatest sandwich I ever bought was a prepackaged two foot long sub from Walmart. It was because I was hammered to fuck. I dare not ever try one again though

• 1Like

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I had quiznos the other day and it was glorious, $5 select subs each day of the work week that blow subway out of the fucking water.

4 pepper sauce for the win.

• 1Solidarity

Siliconemelons

Their Italian with the normal dressing + the green stuff + extra vinegar + double meat on their large size, its like friggen 10$ and god it is good RIP quiznos in my area as well -- YEARS ago when they first started the large + extra meat thing they had some challenge that it was free if you ate the whole thing... donemode.

Oldbased

> Than U
Same here, luckily their is one near my work still and it's always packed.
Ya I loved ours. Quiznos, Boston Market and Kenny Rodger's Roasters. I miss those 3. The Kenny Rodgers was awesome but only open like 6 months. I think Walmart, Kroger's, Meijer and such doing store chickens in rotiss ovens killed the latter 2 off in this area.

Their revenge is coming though. Jet.com now delivers fresh everything 2 day delivery including milks, eggs and so forth.

• 1Like

Xevy

Log Wizard
To this day the greatest sandwich I ever bought was a prepackaged two foot long sub from Walmart. It was because I was hammered to fuck. I dare not ever try one again though

In college I did that shit all the time. They were massive fucking sandwiches for like 9 dollars, maybe? I'd just put mayo and mustard on them and go to town. Well worth it. Walmart also had some awesome 'hot' sandwiches which were wrapped in like white deli paper and you would buy them and microwave them for a minute and they were awesome. Buffalo Chicken, Philly Steak and Cheese, and Bacon Chicken Ranch. They were like 3 dollars each or something. They probably still have them.

When I was really ill during a finals week in college I bought 2 2 liters of gingerale and a cracker/cheese/salami party platter from Walmart. It fed me for like 3 days because I was too sick to cook shit or go out for more food.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
All the Quiznos around here closed, I really miss them.

Here as well. I miss them for their hot subs in general, Schlotzky's for their little Mediterranean pizzas, and Bennigan's for their Monte Cristo. All casualties in the local food scene.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Quiznos was my go-to back when I was vegetarian. You could make a pretty bomb all veggie sub there... Was always no extra charge to add double cheese and guacamole to the veggie.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Here as well. I miss them for their hot subs in general, Schlotzky's for their little Mediterranean pizzas, and Bennigan's for their Monte Cristo. All casualties in the local food scene.

I miss the muffaletta from Schlotzky's. The McAllister deli one is just salt between bread.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I loved the Chicken Carbonara at Quizno's. Don't understand why Subway did so much better when their food tastes like bland between sponges.

• 1Solidarity

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Yeah, Quiznos chicken carbonara is the best. That bread at Schlotzskys is just amazing, no other place has anything like it.

They opened a Paisanos Pizza near me recently. We tried it out yesterday, it was terrible. Cost twice as much as Papa Johns or something and just tasted bad. When your 5 year old doesn't want to finish a slice of cheese Pizza something is wrong.

I love fried mishrooms, so I tried that as I tend to. Just awful. So disappoint.

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
For over twenty years, my order at Bojangles has been hands down chicken biscuit combo extra seasoning on both chicken and fries.
But last two times I've gone for the tenders (extra seasoning), and my world is upside down. No regret (except gaining back 4 lbs that I lost). Was truly splendid. Enjoyed every bite and was left with after images and memory trails of biscuit crunch texture.
I packed my lunch today, but I may still go..
7.75/10

And yet.. I want to try the biscuit again.. For science
Biscuit was how I remembered - a tad dry, but overall good. 5/10
Therefore, Supremes win. Although, after getting the supremes 3 more times. the rating is closer to 6/10

in other news,
Hardee's: Jalapeno Poppers < Arby's poppers (cream cheese) - the cheddar/pimento-whatever Hardee's uses doesn't blend well. I probably wouldn't eat again even if it was free. 3.75/10

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Biscuit was how I remembered - a tad dry, but overall good. 5/10
Therefore, Supremes win. Although, after getting the supremes 3 more times. the rating is closer to 6/10

in other news,
Hardee's: Jalapeno Poppers < Arby's poppers (cream cheese) - the cheddar/pimento-whatever Hardee's uses doesn't blend well. I probably wouldn't eat again even if it was free. 3.75/10

Bronco Berry sauce is the shit.

• 1Like