The Fast Food Thread

Oldbased

> Than U
It really does depend. We have 3 Taco Bells and 3 McDonalds all within 2 miles of us and the quality and "taste" from each one is different.
McDonald's is more of a freshness thing but the bad one is always bad and the good one is usually good.
Taco Bell on the other hand I could go to all 3 and order a supreme soft taco and get 3 different things by weight and by potion.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
It really does depend. We have 3 Taco Bells and 3 McDonalds all within 2 miles of us and the quality and "taste" from each one is different.
McDonald's is more of a freshness thing but the bad one is always bad and the good one is usually good.
Taco Bell on the other hand I could go to all 3 and order a supreme soft taco and get 3 different things by weight and by potion.

I have never been to a good Taco Bell. I've tried it many times, but every time the food comes out wrapped badly, beans or whatever all over the outside of the wrapping, and the ratio of beans to wraps to whatever is off. I have literally never had a good Taco Bell experience. Consequently, I never go there. It has been years and years since I went. My kids go, and they complain about the same things, so I know I'm not missing anything.

I hate Taco Bell.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Oldbased

> Than U
I have never been to a good Taco Bell. I've tried it many times, but every time the food comes out wrapped badly, beans or whatever all over the outside of the wrapping, and the ratio of beans to wraps to whatever is off. I have literally never had a good Taco Bell experience. Consequently, I never go there. It has been years and years since I went. My kids go, and they complain about the same things, so I know I'm not missing anything.

I hate Taco Bell.
I'd tend to agree with you but guacamole gets brought up every other day in this house and it is a quick fix, even if only monthly. The one good one we have is usually fresh tomato, crisp lettuce and almost no grease in the wrapper.
Of the other 2, one tastes like the shell is about to expire and has no meat while the other you could pour the grease out of the wrapper prior to eating it. Every damn time.
The one good one is the one farthest from Western and closest to the interstate. ALL of the food places tend to be better on that side of town.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I enjoy some Taco Bell, but it can definitely be hit or miss. I'm no Taco Bell connoisseur like some here, I enjoy the simple things like the bean burritos and tacos and the occasional gordita. I've been disappointed before, but mostly it's been fine. Counter that with McDonald's, I can't remember ever, in my lifetime, eating a burger there and enjoying it. Chicken nuggets, chicken sandwiches, fish, all bueno. But I just don't understand who those burgers are for when there is literally any alternative.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
My buddy and I in high school went to McDonald's for the 2 big macs for $2 thing and got six of them and ate them all in the front seat of my car. Somehow that shredded lettuce carpeted the entire car by the time we were done.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
That shredded lettuce is the dumbest thing about the big mac. It has no advantages over whole-leaf lettuce. It's physically impossible to eat a big mac without getting lettuce all over the damn place. It's like sand and you'll be finding it under your car seat for years to come.

McCheese

Lettuce adds texture and some crunch. It can certainly have value. Shredded lettuce, however, has no value.

• 1Like

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
The wife and I got tired of getting 8 hamburger buns to only use two of them so we just started using lettuce wraps as a bun and I can't say anything of value was lost.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Ah the 90s. High school we had the choice of 99c whoppers at BK, TB menu was 49c for soft / hard tacos or 69c for supremes and didn't really have anything over 99c except the steak burrito, McDs had the 39c hamburgers / 49c cheeseburgers on Wednesdays. Fuck we are getting old... reminiscing of the days of cheap everything.

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I'd tend to agree with you but guacamole gets brought up every other day in this house and it is a quick fix, even if only monthly.

Make it at home. It takes maybe 15 minutes.

I lean strongly on the Taco Bell hater side. Think it's one of the worst fast food places available. Shit always explodes and gets every where. When you go through the drive thru as a group and order they don't label shit and you're left guessing between mushy concoctions that look the exact same. Place is trash. Not Subway bad, but I would take any of the burger chains over TB.

• 1Like

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
I watched that movie The Founder, you look at the food they were turning out back then and it looks amazing. Compare one of those burgers to the thing they pretend are burgers now, it's just sad.

I can get down with some breakfast or chicken nuggets, but McDonalds burgers are pure shit tier and making fancypants burgers doesn't solve the problem. Make your regular burgers good first and then try and tackle fancy shit.

Its basicly why 'in and out' does so well, tastes so good and is typically lauded as one of the best fast food burgers out there.

They've changed pretty much nothing since their inception.

edit: also proves that fast food doesn't have to compromise price / quality to be profitable.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Make it at home. It takes maybe 15 minutes.

I lean strongly on the Taco Bell hater side. Think it's one of the worst fast food places available. Shit always explodes and gets every where. When you go through the drive thru as a group and order they don't label shit and you're left guessing between mushy concoctions that look the exact same. Place is trash. Not Subway bad, but I would take any of the burger chains over TB.
This is the Wendy's phenomenon. My TB labels everything like when my wife gets no onions in her bean burritos. Never had a burrito explode in my entire life of eating at TB. User error? Explode out the top or out the bottom?

TB launching their $5 box deals made it a staple in my lunch choices. TB is fucking amazing!

• 1Solidarity

McCheese

If your Taco Bell burritos are exploding, it means they've got Dominicans working there rolling them. Gotta find a place that has Cubans in the kitchen.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
The old-tier fast food joints need to figure out a way to get their franchisees to toe the line. There is such a massive difference by location for even the most basic of foods from these versus the fast casual which are lock-step identical no matter where you go.

• 1Solidarity

yimmien

Molten Core Raider
The taco bell combo restaurants are great. Had a nashville chicken little, georgia chicken little, and quesarito for a meal the other day. I also cant resist getting cheesebread with marinara if it is a pizza hut combo.

McCheese

The taco bell combo restaurants are great. Had a nashville chicken little, georgia chicken little, and quesarito for a meal the other day. I also cant resist getting cheesebread with marinara if it is a pizza hut combo.

The gold goose is finding a Kentaco Hut. I don't see them that frequently nowadays, but they are amazing.