The Fast Food Thread

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Last time I ate at Five Guys was on my bulk, and I was able to put down a burger and small fries no problem. I'm sure a large fries wouldn't have been difficult. I didn't even get up to 180 lbs. So I can only imagine one of you 250+ pound beasts.

kudos

<Banned>
Last time I ate at Five Guys was on my bulk, and I was able to put down a burger and small fries no problem. I'm sure a large fries wouldn't have been difficult. I didn't even get up to 180 lbs. So I can only imagine one of you 250+ pound beasts.
Last time I was at Five Guys I ate a double and a large fry. I also finished a girlfriends burger too. I'm almost certain I could have ate 2 doubles + large fry and been fine. I only weighed 150 lbs at the time.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I don't see the enjoyment in eating a large quantity of shitty to average food compared to eating less of much higher quality food.
To each his own, I guess. I've posted it in this thread before, but I've been to numerous well-reviewed restaurants in D.C. where they serve you tiny portions of supposedly "high quality" food and I've never really been impressed. My brother lives right outside the city, makes a fortune and loves to spend it, so he's always inviting me along to try new, fancy restaurants in town. Honestly, every time I've been in one I think about how I'd be happier at The Sizzler.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I'm with McCheese on this. I understand the point you were making with your pizza pictures, but to me, they are pretty much the same. I'd like the chicago style pan pizza better, only because it had that thick cheese. Yum!

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I partially agree. I don't appreciate crappy food, but if I'm going to shell out a bunch of money, I should at least have enough food to feel full.

It's kind of the reason I don't like eating out at restaurants (even cheap ones). An average restaurant for my wife and I will likely be $25-30 with tip. Instead, I could buy ribeyes and grill them up in probably less time than it'd take to actually go out. Oh, and it'd still be about half the cost too.

Paying $50+ a person, and you're going to serve me child sized portions? Fuck you, I'd rather go to an all you can eat for $20.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
There's a definite breakpoint where quality becomes an imaginary concept that is reinforced by outside influences, where high end food is only considered better because you are told it is so and there's a feedback loop of "it's better because it's more expensive, it's more expensive because it's better".

I definitely fall on the side of the spectrum that would rather have a $15 12oz steak cooked on a grill than a $60 4oz steak marinated in the tears of a buddhist monk and cooked only over flames from trees that died of natural causes while being serenaded by virgins.

The problem is that by default this puts me in a camp with McCheese, who would prefer a $0.50 20oz boston terrier carcass that was mildly warmed over a sewer grate.

One should always consider such things before throwing out a phrase like

I'm with McCheese on this.
In a thread about food. Even in a thread about fast food where the bar is unconscionably low. He's the brave soul that shows up with a shovel and refuses to accept that he can't go lower.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
My wife loved Pizza Hut because she loved those shitty P'Zones. Seriously those things suck. I'm glad they didn't call them calzones, because they aren't - they're baby calzones with nothing in them and shitty crust. Anyways, we had been going strictly to Pizza Hut the last few months but then they went ahead and got rid of the p'zones so she didn't want to go there anymore. We decided to order pizza from this local place that we've never eaten from before (in the 2 years we've lived here). Read some reviews online and it sounded good.

Ordered 2 large pizzas and a calzone. They charged us for an extra pizza on accident, but it was ok after we got it cleared up. One thing that was vastly different was the level of customer service. The guys inside were joking and laughing and genuinely nice - when you to a pizza hut it's always the same level of customer service that is very dry.

Then we ate the pizza. There was an explosion of awesomeness in my mouth with every bite. The pizza was so damn good. My wife ended up not liking it (she loves pizza hut..) so I ate most of it over the course of 2 days. It was the best pizza I've ever had in my life. Then next weekend she wanted pizza hut.. I felt a great deal of sadness. At least for one day, I was happy.

The point here is all pizza is not the same, ya'll Wakandans smokin' rock.

McCheese

Your wife needs to drop your sad fat ass and come to a real man. I'll take her to pizza hut every night of the week and feast on P'Zones. I recently took a date to Ruby Tuesday. Maybe we'll do pizza hut next weekend.

McCheese

Have you ever eaten one? I would be surprised a man of your hunger would enjoy a single p'zone or even 10.
Yes, I adore P'Zones. I haven't had one in a while, but I remember really enjoying whatever their meat one was. Two P'Zones plus whatever they call their version of pizza rolls. Delicious! Never had better at a Mom and Pop joint.

McCheese

See, I just don't get that. I think the pepperoni is delightful, and I can't say I've ever had dramatically different tasting pepperoni anywhere else. Hell, even when I make pizza at home using fresh ingredients it doesn't taste as good as chain pizza pepperoni.

Fuck, I prefer the little cubes of pepperoni that they put on Totino's toaster oven pizzas to any other toppings. Sometimes when I'm making one of those pizzas the little cubes of pepperoni fall off on the counter, and I just pop them into my mouth.

rrr_img_65162.jpg

McCheese

You try that pepperoni dip yet McCheese?
Not the one with the cream of mushroom soup, but I've madethis oneseveral times and it is absolutely delicious, and it makes a nice dinner on a Friday or Saturday night. However, I use fresh jalapenos and I also add a large bag of shredded mozzarella cheese. I mix half of the cheese in and top it with the rest. I eat it with 2, 1.5-foot loaves of italian bread.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Yep, that one sounds delish too but I would replace the pepperoni slices with a log of pepperoni cut into chunks. I prefer a meatier mouthfeel.

McCheese

Yep, that one sounds delish too but I would replace the pepperoni slices with a log of pepperoni cut into chunks. I prefer a meatier mouthfeel.
Yeah, I do that. I buy a pepperoni stick and cut it in half - half I slice and put on top and half I cut into little cubes and mix in. It's surprisingly filling, although I think that's probably mostly the bread and the milk I drink with it. I haven't been able to do more than 3/4 of a batch in one sitting yet.