The Fast Food Thread

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Fajitas are such bullshit. You mean I have to put my own fucking food together? Not to mention when you order it in a sit-down restaurant all the extra shit they give you takes up half the fucking table. God forbid someone else at the table orders fajitas too, you'll have to start putting shit on the floor to make space.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I love fajitas for that. I want to determine the meat-peppers-onions-hot sauce-pico-beans ratio. Plus, they're served on a sizzling skillet and everything gets an awesome crisp.

I have to admit there is this one spot near the office that I go to occasionally and could be considered an "expensive" Mexican restaurant. They have this amazing carne asada skillet (it's a fajita, come on), but the skillet is layered with Chihuahua cheese and it gets all melted and the bottom is burnt. And we all know burnt cheese is the best cheese. It also comes with that amazing corn with the cayenne pepper and sweet cheesy sauce. Shit is fucking delicious, but it is almost $20 and I feel ashamed when I pay for it.

5535217380_956a47590c.jpg

So good.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I think at some point part of the appeal of fine dining IS the fact that you are spending money on it. If you are into that, you are going to enjoy a meal that you got dressed up for and dropped $100 on in a place with nice decor than you would the exact same food if you were eating it out of a cardboard box with a plastic fork at McDonald's. There is also the pretentious thing where you can tell yourself that you are superior because you are eating at a place that most people would not be able to afford or at least would not be willing to value at that level. The food is definitely more carefully selected and prepared with more care and skill than at a less expensive restaurant, but part of it is just buying into the "seasonal, artisanal, organic, local, hand raised, free range, imported, etc." bullshit that is appealing to your ego as much as your taste buds.

kudos

<Banned>
I cannot stand fajita's. There is a place near me that has all you can eat fajita day once a week and I was walking past on the sidewalk and some lady tried to get me and my friends in there. I straight up told her I don't like fajita's and she felt offended. I told her I like taco's and she said they had those. So I asked if they were all you can eat too. She said no so I said well forget it then. My friend said I was a dick but I was just being honest.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I cannot stand fajita's. There is a place near me that has all you can eat fajita day once a week and I was walking past on the sidewalk and some lady tried to get me and my friends in there. I straight up told her I don't like fajita's and she felt offended. I told her I like taco's and she said they had those. So I asked if they were all you can eat too. She said no so I said well forget it then. My friend said I was a dick but I was just being honest.
da fuck wrong with you mang? No Fajitas? I mean they can be annoying, but to say no way on the whole thing? that's wrong man.

McCheese

I admit, as much as I hate bullshit fajita assembly, I'm never going to turn down all-you-can-eat fajitas. Kudos is crazy.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I love fajitas for that. I want to determine the meat-peppers-onions-hot sauce-pico-beans ratio. Plu
Yeah, that's a definite advantage to them. I like them too, but I don't know where any really good ones are in Florida.

Gnomedolf

<Silver Donator>
Yeah, that's a definite advantage to them. I like them too, but I don't know where any really good ones are in Florida.
You mentioned Andre's in Naples. If you're in that area, go up to Bonita Springs and have a steak at the Manhattan Steakhouse. Awesome stuff.

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
I'm going to Ft. Myers in a couple weeks. Maybe I'll hit it on the way(I'm in Ft. Lauderdale).

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
You are a dick. All you have to say is no thanks. That person is just doing her job and doesn't give a shit about your bizarre opinions about meat in tortillas.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Someone prodded me to come try their fajitas once after I politely declined. Once.

McCheese

She was arguing with me. She wouldn't drop it.
Your mistake was actually engaging her in conversation. I don't even see people trying to get me to try shit and pass out flyers and whatnot. Just walk by as if they aren't there.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Your mistake was actually engaging her in conversation. I don't even see people trying to get me to try shit and pass out flyers and whatnot. Just walk by as if they aren't there.
You just gotta pretend they are homeless

Street Peddler: "Come try our fajitas, all you can eat they are fabulous"
Me: "Wait, what are you gonna do with this money I give you for the fajitas? You gonna blow it all on booze to drown your sorrows?"
Street Peddler: "No, no of course not sir"
Me: "Well then I can't help you"

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
In Miami this past summer we were at their little pier-mall-thing, can't remember the name. They had this burger place that said something like best burgers in the world. Some guy on the outside of the restaurant conned me into eating there. Burger was just alright. He asked me if it was the best burger I'd ever had and I told him no. I've never seen a man so offended in his life. He told me "get out" and kicked me out. I can't even remember the name, but it was pretty shitty.

Edit: It was this place:Hamburguesa - Downtown - Miami, FL | Yelp

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
Looks like you should have looked it up on Yelp before you went in.

The shops are called Bayside.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
McCheese, you are in the DC area right? You know there are literally hundreds of restaurants in MD, DC and VA that are infinetly better than the crap you claim is good (pizza hut, ruby teusdays, etc) that cost the same or slightly more than the processed shit you think is the same.