The Fast Food Thread

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Speaking of sauces - found my "mother sauce" for sandwiches of any and all kinds recently - it might be treading into "non-fast food" territory since it's a Deli item. But goddamn Boar's Head Peppercorn Gourmaise is amazing and a solid improvement to damn near anything between slices of bread.

Blows my homemade aoli I used to bother wasting the time making out of the water.
it's boards head, duh, that shit is awesome, if i want a deli sandwich, that deli better be using boars head or i'm just gonna have a burger.

• 2Quality Calories
Reactions: 1 users

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
it's boards head, duh, that shit is awesome, if i want a deli sandwich, that deli better be using boars head or i'm just gonna have a burger.

Oh I agree 100% on the meat - was the first time delving into their world of sauces and shit. If only they did a hot pepper relish, but alas my italian sandwich finisher will remain with others for now.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Speaking of sauces - found my "mother sauce" for sandwiches of any and all kinds recently - it might be treading into "non-fast food" territory since it's a Deli item. But goddamn Boar's Head Peppercorn Gourmaise is amazing and a solid improvement to damn near anything between slices of bread.

Blows my homemade aoli I used to bother wasting the time making out of the water.

Oh yeah that BH peppercorn sauce is awesome. It's like slipping a flavor grenade inside of anything you put it on.

As for aoli I tried Kraft's chipotle aoli not long ago certain it was going to be nothing special and was surprised by it being pretty good.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>

To add, their chipotle 'gourmaise' is insane on bfast burritos or wraps.

• 1Quality Calories
Reactions: 1 user

uncognito

Trakanon Raider
Had a coupon for a free blaze pizza so I went to check them out. I was Immediately skeptical when I saw the dough, it was very slimy/wet, desperately in need of some flour or cornmeal on it.
Got pepperoni, ham, black olives, and banana peppers. Those fuckers refused to drain any juice out of the toppings before putting on the pizza. Got like 2 ounces of each juice soaking the top of an already wet dough pizza. I almost made them start over, but the line was long and my pizza was a free so I decided to just ask them to cook it well done. That did not help much, pizza was still soaking wet and covered in a half inch of juice.

blaze 2/10 will not go again.

Vaclav

That sounds like shitty management and workers. Write an email to corporate.

Yea, not heard of them before - but that doesn't sound anything like a "wood fire grilled pizza" experience should be from the ones I've done elsewhere.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Had a coupon for a free blaze pizza so I went to check them out. I was Immediately skeptical when I saw the dough, it was very slimy/wet, desperately in need of some flour or cornmeal on it.
Got pepperoni, ham, black olives, and banana peppers. Those fuckers refused to drain any juice out of the toppings before putting on the pizza. Got like 2 ounces of each juice soaking the top of an already wet dough pizza. I almost made them start over, but the line was long and my pizza was a free so I decided to just ask them to cook it well done. That did not help much, pizza was still soaking wet and covered in a half inch of juice.

blaze 2/10 will not go again.

So you gave Blaze 4/20

• 5Quality Calories
  • 3Like
Reactions: 7 users

uncognito

Trakanon Raider
72680924.jpg

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Anyone try the taco Bell naked chicken chips? Debating trying them vs sticking to my beefy 5 layer.

Last edited:

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Not done them yet myself but Daym gave them an amazing review.

His Fatburger video reminded me. Not sure I remember seeing fatburger discussed but it's pretty legit and again, I'd recommend it over 5 guys. Bout the same price range though I think.

Vaclav

His Fatburger video reminded me. Not sure I remember seeing fatburger discussed but it's pretty legit and again, I'd recommend it over 5 guys. Bout the same price range though I think.

Yea, we don't have any out this way, but I went searching if there was after his FB review - sounds legit as hell. Definitely looking forward to my next Animal Kingdom visit with his World of Pandora food preview there too - looks wild.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I went to Fatburger on June 29, 2014. It was pretty good, but nothing amazing. My burger chain of choice is definitely BGR The Burger Joint. Elevation Burger is a close second.

• 1Supertaster

Vaclav

I went to Fatburger on June 29, 2014. It was pretty good, but nothing amazing. My burger chain of choice is definitely BGR The Burger Joint. Elevation Burger is a close second.

Remembers the precise date nearly 3 years later - calls it nothing amazing. WHAT IS NOODLE DOING ON MCCHEESE'S ACCOUNT?

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I didnt like the naked chicken item they first had, but the chips were not bad. A bit steep on price though. 6 for 1.50 tops!

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Anyone try the taco Bell naked chicken chips? Debating trying them vs sticking to my beefy 5 layer.
I've tried them, not worth it. They are alright but nothing special, and kind of expensive for what they are

• 1Solidarity