The Fast Food Thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Xevy

Log Wizard
I've tried them, not worth it. They are alright but nothing special, and kind of expensive for what they are
Agreed. The only good thing about them is the tub of nacho cheese they give you with them which is more than enough for the amount of chicken they give you.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
I didnt like the naked chicken item they first had, but the chips were not bad. A bit steep on price though. 6 for 1.50 tops!

The naked chicken taco thing? Blasphemy. Thats the best special item tb's put out in years. I still think about it as i try to fall asleep.

• 3Quality Calories
Reactions: 2 users

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Remembers the precise date nearly 3 years later - calls it nothing amazing. WHAT IS NOODLE DOING ON MCCHEESE'S ACCOUNT?

Or maybe I remember it so specifically because it was just THAT mediocre?!?!

Actually, I remembered I had mentioned Fatburger in this thread so I did a thread search. The post I made on the day I went came up as the 4th or 5th result.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Anyone try the taco Bell naked chicken chips? Debating trying them vs sticking to my beefy 5 layer.
Fucking love them. A slight bit of flavor on the chicken breading that would be good on its own, but then dunk it in the cheese, and it is heavenly. I will be sad when they disappear. I get hardly anything chicken at Taco Bell besides quesadillas, so it is a nice change of pace to have one of these between items.

Not gonna disagree they might be a little pricey compared to what you get on other items, but they are worth it to me.

• 1Supertaster
Reactions: 1 user

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
@Lanx on Asian food detail. Thought of another unusual item i like. Congee. Loved the different ones at breakfast in taiwan. Random bits of whatever. Trying to figure out what the bigger nut or grain was that's common. Like vaguely acorn shaped big marble sized thing. Pale like boiled peanut with like a darker dot on one end. Not sure how hard naturally but in congee cooked completely soft.

Oldbased

> Than U
I'm not sure what day I will commit this act but once I do and if I survive I shall come share my story of conquest.
I just received word via marketing flyer of coupons that Burger King has a Lucky Charms milkshake.
What I do now I do not for myself but my people of reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerolled.
May god watch over me as I drink this.They have a Fruit Loops one as well

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
I've tried them, not worth it. They are alright but nothing special, and kind of expensive for what they are
Seconded
Ate more than I should have of the tacos, but the chips revealed the real player was the green cream sauce.
As chips, they are surprisingly spicy, but not in a fun way.
Maybe for $1.
4/10

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm not sure what day I will commit this act but once I do and if I survive I shall come share my story of conquest.
I just received word via marketing flyer of coupons that Burger King has a Lucky Charms milkshake.
What I do now I do not for myself but my people of reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerolled.
May god watch over me as I drink this.They have a Fruit Loops one as well
Their milkshakes are terribad because instead of vanilla they have white frosting.
Fucking disgusting.

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
I've been jamming on Hardee's double jalapeno Burger
Sauce is what makes it
Ordered the much cheaper $5 big bag and put the sauce on the Burger for free
Forgot to remove native sauces and the mustard overpowered :(
Also did one with Mac sauce, was good

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Seconded
Ate more than I should have of the tacos, but the chips revealed the real player was the green cream sauce.
As chips, they are surprisingly spicy, but not in a fun way.
Maybe for $1.
4/10
They have the chickstar thing which is a cruncwrap but instead of the tostada and meat it is a chicken piece. It has the same sauce as the naked chicken taco I'm pretty sure.

And I agree on the spicy comment. I think what it may be is just black pepper? Either way it just didn't work for me. I wouldn't say they were any better than most chicken nuggets you can get, just a bit different

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
My local Taco Bell is also a KFC. I tried the chicken chips once and it just seemed pointless in light of all the other chicken options there.

• 1Like

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
They have the chickstar thing which is a cruncwrap but instead of the tostada and meat it is a chicken piece. It has the same sauce as the naked chicken taco I'm pretty sure.

And I agree on the spicy comment. I think what it may be is just black pepper? Either way it just didn't work for me. I wouldn't say they were any better than most chicken nuggets you can get, just a bit different
It wasn't black pepper, it was marinated like Bojangles, but with different spices.

The Chickstar was ok. it was. I enjoyed it. Tried both regularly and with added nacho sauce. I should have reviewed it here like I usually do, but it was a particularly busy week.
Chickstar: It's missing something, but it's not bad. It's good, but is more expensive than better options. 4.5/10

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I don't think my Taco Bell has this chickstar thing. I guess I'll have to go look again to make sure!

I think it's a defunct previous limited time offer thing that he was doing a much belated review for.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
chikstar still in some Taco Bells today, just went through mine.

i ate a triple layer nacho and a cheesy fiesta potato. pretty damn good/filling for $2.75.

• 1Solidarity

Oldbased

> Than U
I just got a email saying KFC is sending a chicken sandwich to space on the 22nd but when I try to go to the webpage my Bitdefender blocks it.
KFC to launch fried chicken sandwich into space (not same link from email but same story )
Regardless on the 22nd if I am alive and around I'll post the link to watch it live here. That is one crunch for man and one giant cooked chicken for all mankind.

• 1Quality Calories