The Fast Food Thread

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Tried this fast food joint called The Habit. It was ok. About as cheap to eat at as McD/InNOut. It was a decent burger but not great. The fries were really good. I'd give it a 3/5. InNOut is at like a 4.5/5. I doubt I'll ever go back to Habit even though it is slightly closer to my house.
I like The Habit but in my area (Sacramento) it is a bit more than those other two places. Not quite 5 Guys pricing, but closer. I agree on the fries, but to me the burger is slightly worse than Smashburger, mainly because Smashburger has a sourdough bun option that I fucking love, and their bacon has always been perfect. Smashburger fries are shoestring variety though, which is inferior in my mind. In 'n' Out is, of course, better than both, and cheaper. Except the fries again, Habit still wins that. Unless we're talking the first 3 minutes after being handed the fries, then In 'n' Out wins over most anyone. After that 3 minutes, nope.

Oldbased

> Than U
Does anyone do the Basket Robins app thing? I have a $4 code that has to be used in a week I won't be using.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Went to Arby's. Ordered roast beef and cheddar combo with half sweet/unsweet tea for my wife and the roast beef with the brown sugar bacon (just sandwich) for me.

Gave me bag said have a nice day and closed window without giving me the drink. Got her attention to get the drink and left.

Instead of the roast beef with bacon I got a BLT. Instead of tea i got coke. Not only coke, but it was filled to the brim with ice. And had a hair pressed between the lid and cup inside of the drink.

No more Arby's for me

• 1Worf
  • 1Supertaster
Reactions: 1 users

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Went to Arby's. Ordered roast beef and cheddar combo with half sweet/unsweet tea for my wife and the roast beef with the brown sugar bacon (just sandwich) for me.

Gave me bag said have a nice day and closed window without giving me the drink. Got her attention to get the drink and left.

Instead of the roast beef with bacon I got a BLT. Instead of tea i got coke. Not only coke, but it was filled to the brim with ice. And had a hair pressed between the lid and cup inside of the drink.

No more Arby's for me

That's just a location and employee on shift issue. The weekday bfast crew at my taco bell will 100% fuck your order up, but all evening / afternoon crews and the weekend crews including bfast are on point.

edit: just saw the hair part ya thats fucked up

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
My wife is the type who will get in their asses about that stuff and get all kinds of compensation and promises. I just write them off and refuse to go back.

• 2Solidarity

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
That's just a location and employee on shift issue. The weekday bfast crew at my taco bell will 100% fuck your order up, but all evening / afternoon crews and the weekend crews including bfast are on point.

edit: just saw the hair part ya thats fucked up
Oh I know, shit like that always is. It's the only one that is all that close to me though, and since that location is obviously OK with hiring retards I doubt other shifts will be much better.

Can't wait until they make $15 an hour to fuck it all up

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
My wife is the type who will get in their asses about that stuff and get all kinds of compensation and promises. I just write them off and refuse to go back.

Like type out letters? I've sent emails to a number of HQs about shoddy service/product during certain hours ect ect in hopes of them getting the franchise owner to improve. I haven't gotten shit back as far as compensation.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Oh I know, shit like that always is. It's the only one that is all that close to me though, and since that location is obviously OK with hiring retards I doubt other shifts will be much better.

Can't wait until they make $15 an hour to fuck it all up

Arby's corporate is harsh with shitty locations either via dealing with the franchisees or by their own management. It's very easy to leverage good change with them in my experience.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Like type out letters? I've sent emails to a number of HQs about shoddy service/product during certain hours ect ect in hopes of them getting the franchise owner to improve. I haven't gotten shit back as far as compensation.
She does phone calls and emails. She almost always gets a response, sometimes over the top. She one time had the manager of a local restaurant make one of his employees drive tacos to our house. She recently got us comped and an entire free additional meal at Famous Dave's. Which, yeah, I know, but decent barbecue is a drive for us and it's serviceable. Still that's like 120 bucks worth of food she got us over an hour wait whent he kitchen was fucked up.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
She does phone calls and emails. She almost always gets a response, sometimes over the top. She one time had the manager of a local restaurant make one of his employees drive tacos to our house. She recently got us comped and an entire free meal at Famous Dave's. Which, yeah, I know, but decent barbecue is a drive for us and it's serviceable. Still that's like 120 bucks worth of food she got us over an hour wait whent he kitchen was fucked up.

I might have to update my strat. I only send an email if it's something glaring and I really want to let HQ know what's going down, but come to think of it I don't think I ever leave my contact information (except obviously my email address), but I've never got a response and I think i've sent probably 10 or 15 in the last couple years.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Nobody cares about some dude bitching. People will comp anything to get a woman to shut the fuck up. Always have your wife complain.

• 1Solidarity

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Nobody cares about some dude bitching. People will comp anything to get a woman to shut the fuck up. Always have your wife complain.

I'll just mention 'blasting social media', 'talking to my lawyer' and 'i'm black/brown' at the start of each email I send trying to help them improve the franchise. I'm sure that will get results.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Oldbased

> Than U
She does phone calls and emails. She almost always gets a response, sometimes over the top. She one time had the manager of a local restaurant make one of his employees drive tacos to our house. She recently got us comped and an entire free additional meal at Famous Dave's. Which, yeah, I know, but decent barbecue is a drive for us and it's serviceable. Still that's like 120 bucks worth of food she got us over an hour wait whent he kitchen was fucked up.
For our household that is me. Often I am not even being a dick but I am pretty complete in my complaint if something was majorly screwed up. In the past several years that has resulted in free meals from KFC/McDonalds/Wendy's and several times giftcards from Meijer. The complaints were legit. Paying $40 for a KFC bucket meal and saying no wings/drumsticks and paying extra and getting home and it be full of them or ordering 2 egg mcmuffins and getting home to find tiny burritos or buying groceries and seeing I was double charged, overcharged or sometimes expired. I always get a resolution and usually free stuff. Every time she handles it they just shrug and go sorry. It pisses her the hell off.

A good example was I was paying for medicine for 4 months this year I thought my insurance should have covered. Turns out it does. I mentioned to the pharmacist that I said in January I thought it was wrong, they checked and told me it wasn't. He called corp and issued me a cash refund for over $100 in drugs on the spot. If she had said it probably nothing would have come from it.

I don't even Kiroy it. I am usually nice and just explain in detail the events and what went wrong. Almost every place has a way to contact customer service.

The only time I was told to fuck right off was when I contacted Zenni Optical over the Hannity ad boycott and I had a order history a mile long from ordering mine, moms, dads and Shelly's eye products, glasses and contacts. They basically told me to get lost.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
For our household that is me. Often I am not even being a dick but I am pretty complete in my complaint if something was majorly screwed up. In the past several years that has resulted in free meals from KFC/McDonalds/Wendy's and several times giftcards from Meijer. The complaints were legit. Paying $40 for a KFC bucket meal and saying no wings/drumsticks and paying extra and getting home and it be full of them or ordering 2 egg mcmuffins and getting home to find tiny burritos or buying groceries and seeing I was double charged, overcharged or sometimes expired. I always get a resolution and usually free stuff. Every time she handles it they just shrug and go sorry. It pisses her the hell off.

A good example was I was paying for medicine for 4 months this year I thought my insurance should have covered. Turns out it does. I mentioned to the pharmacist that I said in January I thought it was wrong, they checked and told me it wasn't. He called corp and issued me a cash refund for over $100 in drugs on the spot. If she had said it probably nothing would have come from it.

I don't even Kiroy it. I am usually nice and just explain in detail the events and what went wrong. Almost every place has a way to contact customer service.

The only time I was told to fuck right off was when I contacted Zenni Optical over the Hannity ad boycott and I had a order history a mile long from ordering mine, moms, dads and Shelly's eye products, glasses and contacts. They basically told me to get lost.

No I do exactly what you do. I don't rage or anything, I just plainly explain the issue I had. I'm pretty sure I've only done this for fast food issues. I've never had an email response. Maybe my spam filter catches em?

• 1Like

Oldbased

> Than U
No I do exactly what you do. I don't rage or anything, I just plainly explain the issue I had. I'm pretty sure I've only done this for fast food issues. I've never had an email response. Maybe my spam filter catches em?
That is odd. Usually when I file a report I expected no response. It is usually only 1-2 hours until my phone is ringing like mad. Someone from main office then the store managers. I am pretty complete though. I submit receipt info, and a story book of details of the issue and why it didn't meet my expectations. I never do it for silly stuff like asking for no pickle and finding pickle it is usually when I paid some large amount of money for shit food and got real shit back in return. Pretty sure just being so complete in the issue is what yields response though. Someone who hits contact customer support and says yo, my burger was raw dog bro isn't going to get much back in return. Usually I just get whatever I ordered replaced, sometimes I get a upgrade. I think fast food has been about 4 times and Meijer 4x and Amazon 4x in the past 3 years. Amazon is by far the worst ones to deal with. I've had them screw me 10 ways sideways and sometimes they do a full refund/keep item in 5 minutes and others I've spent weeks dealing with multiple people multiple times a day in calls/chats to get it resolved. It's not all bad though last month I had bought some razors for Shelly, those Venus tropical ones with silicone holders, and crap for $3 on a special subscribe and save. I was supposed to get a 3 pack. They sent a case of 12 3 packs all for $3.26. Needless to say shaving my balls has never felt so safe.

• 1Like

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
its a product you want, its bizarre to me that you would look down on those that provide it to you.

• 1Solidarity

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Fast food is not a career choice.

Do you really want to turn this political? Plenty of work - including factory work - something that was decidely a "career choice" (in fact for most of those most prosperous years of the US it was the primary career) has been largely staffed by minimum wage work for most of the years. (Although post-unionizing many of them did get pretty decent - but they were considered a valid career choice previous to unionizing even) - in the first half of the 20th century people would raise families and own homes on a SINGLE minimum wage job.

And considering how sparse jobs are in some areas, pick and choosing what's a "valid career choice" is a laughable argument - unless we're going to start paying to help people relocate or reeducate (which I'd wager would be costly - and quite possibly cause a lack of service industry employees that our economy is largely driven by - which would in turn cause them to have to increase wages to fight for a scarcity of employees).

Fuck, if you even look at the costs to most of these fast food businesses, payroll is like 20-30% of their actual overhead at most. As a consumer assuming they wouldn't tighten up hours a bit in response that means your $5 burger meal goes to around $6.

So much angst over trying to save a buck or so a day. (And before the "wah-wah inflation" argument, you might want to look at the actual evidence on how minimum wage and inflation has functioned in reality - which really shouldn't be shocking since it just disperses existing income, it doesn't actually create any - same pool of money with more people using it just creates more economic movement, doesn't increase the size of the pond - the NJ/NY study was really telling, and by the end of next year should have an update as well I'd imagine)

And before you start weighing in with "people don't do a better job with more pay" argument - yes they do - I've seen it firsthand in my own hiring back in my HR days. People that would come to my employer (who paid well in excess of minimum wage for "untrained" tier employees - I was allowed to start people at $11/hr without a HS diploma/GED ten years ago) working two jobs because they felt they still needed it, got their first raise or two started making enough to drop their second job and suddenly are seeing all their metrics increase drastically overnight, I can even recall multiple cases of someone doubling their metrics once they weren't burning the candle at both ends anymore. Sick and tired employees by nature do shitty work. As do employees that are using their brainpower to juggle two or three sets of company policies and procedures.

Additionally - right now welfare and disability pay people nearly the same amount FOR DOING NOTHING that they can earn doing minimum wage work - doesn't it make a modicum of sense that the people that aren't leeching off the tax payer teat see a substantially more comfortable life than those that are being taken care of via Federal dollars?

TL;DR - You're wrong historically, you're wrong logically, and unless you just expect to throw people to the wolves like some third world country - other solutions likely involve money that will impact your bottom-line far worse. Period. (And no, I don't do anywhere near minimum wage work - this wouldn't impact me in the slightest, except perhaps negatively, since I work in hiring people, some of which are factory level work that might consider $15 fast food over factory assembly with a slight danger level for a little bit more - before you even consider that nonsense)

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Supertaster
  • 1Quality Calories
Reactions: 4 users