The Fast Food Thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Chicken chips are gone from Taco Bell and replaced by the double beef Chalupa.
Taco-Bell-Double-Chalupa.jpg

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Tried Twisted Root today for the first time, holy shit that place kicks ass.

4-5 different flavors of pickles (Dill, Ranch, Sweet & Spicy, Atomic and maybe one other that eludes me). Incredible dipping sauces (Horseradish Dijon Mustard, Quincy's BBQ sauce and Ancho Chile Chipotle Ketchup). Everything was so flavorful I didn't even have to put Mustard/Mayo/BBQ on my burger.

Highly recommend it if you're near one.

Twisted Root Burger Co. - Twisted Root Burger Co.

EDIT: They also make their own rootbeer in house which was outstanding.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Location in DFW? That's probably my most likely scenario to try that out.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Chik fil a is severly lacking in anything even remotely comparable to Wendys Spicy Chicken Sandwich.
The spicy chicken deluxe rivals Wendy's garbage all day erry day. I'm biased though. The quality of service, and consistency between restaurants adds at least a few points!

• 2Supertaster
Reactions: 1 users

Melvin

Blackwing Lair Raider

Tried it yesterday, not impressed. It was a pretty typical fast food letdown: decent concept, dubious execution. The one I got wasn't a double chalupa, more like a 1.25 chalupa. YMMV.

Xevy

Log Wizard
DARE they try to pass the Chalupa XL on us and rename it? Nice try, TBell. Not that fucking slow.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Tried it yesterday, not impressed. It was a pretty typical fast food letdown: decent concept, dubious execution. The one I got wasn't a double chalupa, more like a 1.25 chalupa. YMMV.

Ya I saw some taste test pictures. Looks pretty rough compared to the advert. Will probably still try in the next week or so.

Naked chicken will always reign supreme in my mind.

• 1Quality Calories

Threelions

Victory Through Harmony
<Gold Donor>
Ya I saw some taste test pictures. Looks pretty rough compared to the advert. Will probably still try in the next week or so.

Naked chicken will always reign supreme in my mind.

Here, here. Bring back the naked chicken.

• 1Like

Palum

what Suineg set it to

They still have both around here. I tried the doublewide chalupa a couple days ago and it was surprisingly tasty. I usually don't really like them but the fact that there was more stuff between the shell seemed like a better balance of flavors. Plus with a side of naked chicken chips, it offers all the reprocessed meats and preservatives to keep you alive for a few extra weeks.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
They still have both around here. I tried the doublewide chalupa a couple days ago and it was surprisingly tasty. I usually don't really like them but the fact that there was more stuff between the shell seemed like a better balance of flavors. Plus with a side of naked chicken chips, it offers all the reprocessed meats and preservatives to keep you alive for a few extra weeks.

Wife and I went to a shindig tonight and grabbed a couple of these at our local TB on the way home. I wasn't expecting much after reading reviews and seeing IRL pictures of the thing, but I gotta say I was impressed. The shell tasted like a nice fried bread, and the guts were plentiful and tasty. It broke apart about halfway through so it's not something to eat while driving, but I'd give it pretty high marks, especially considering what I thought I was going into.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Man, I can't count the number of times I've driven away with my enchirito from Taco Bell and the motherfuckers didn't put a fucking spork in the bag. Now, I always am just taking it home anyway so it doesn't matter, but I cannot even fathom trying to eat that without a utensil, let alone if I were in my car.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
The spicy chicken deluxe rivals Wendy's garbage all day erry day. I'm biased though. The quality of service, and consistency between restaurants adds at least a few points!
Yeah, I'm with you. I love the Wendy's spicy chicken and find the Chik-Fil-A spicy deluxe is just as good. Unlike Wendy's, though, every Chik-Fil-A I've gone to is good. I'm not sure if you all know, but Wendy's quality varies from location to location.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Quality Calories
Reactions: 1 users

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I had no idea the new double chalupa came with jalapeños if you ordered it spicy! Holy shit that was good. Subbed the sour cream for spicy ranch as well.

20170626_122824.jpg

• 2Quality Calories
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Oldbased

> Than U
We just hooked up a pressure cooker that was used and given to us and using one for the first time. After putting the 3lb chicken in and 3 cups of marinate Shelly is running around the house screaming Allahu Akbar. Chicken is great! I give us a 50/50 surviving the chicken.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Tried this fast food joint called The Habit. It was ok. About as cheap to eat at as McD/InNOut. It was a decent burger but not great. The fries were really good. I'd give it a 3/5. InNOut is at like a 4.5/5. I doubt I'll ever go back to Habit even though it is slightly closer to my house.

• 1Supertaster

Oldbased

> Than U
Tried this fast food joint called The Habit. It was ok. About as cheap to eat at as McD/InNOut. It was a decent burger but not great. The fries were really good. I'd give it a 3/5. InNOut is at like a 4.5/5. I doubt I'll ever go back to Habit even though it is slightly closer to my house.
Free Charburger from Habit Burger Grill - Email YMMV
Didn't post that because none near me and haven't heard it talked about often. Give them a fakey email, get you another at some point for the hell of it.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>

The exact same ratings I'd hand out.

• 1Like