The Fast Food Thread

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
So I got two of the new flavors of Lay's today. Biscuits and Gravy were good, I wish they were kettle cooked. The Gyro flavor wasn't bad, but it sure didn't taste like a Gyro.

B&G 8/10
Gyro 5/10
I tried the Reuben ones, I'd give it a 8/10. It has a strong pastrami and rye taste to me, but was lacking in the sauerkraut/thousand island flavor.

Mario Speedwagon

Gold Recognition
<Prior Amod>
I just had the biscuits and gravy and the Reuben lays. Both are good, Reuben are pretty damn good. Really surprised me how much they actually taste like a Reuben.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I'm not a big sweets eater, but I don't get hating on caramel. I can see just not liking it, but thinking it's actually disgusting tasting is just weird to me.
Same - I'm not really into sweets - but caramel is about the top of my list when I am doing sweets.

Maybe it's the sweet for people that aren't AS into sweets?

Course some caramels are drastically better than others.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
We got a bag of Lays West Coast Truffle Fries. Meh. Totally underwhelming flavour, quite a weak flavour, actually.

2/10 Will never get again.

Also, I virtually never eat sweets. I just don't enjoy sweet food. And pretty much everything I've had that is caramel has a texture that I actively dislike. I guess that's the source of my hating on caramel.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Also, I virtually never eat sweets. I just don't enjoy sweet food. And pretty much everything I've had that is caramel has a texture that I actively dislike. I guess that's the source of my hating on caramel.
Yea, the picking out of teeth and such can be annoying with caramel - I'd probably eat caramel nearly daily if it wasn't for the "need to brush teeth immediately" feeling that fragments make me feel afterwards. Flavor is top notch though.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Those are just extended flavor pockets. Let them stick to your molars and suck on them for awhile, it is like eating another one without the extra calories!

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
We got a bag of Lays West Coast Truffle Fries. Meh. Totally underwhelming flavour, quite a weak flavour, actually.

2/10 Will never get again.

Yeah I grabbed all 4 flavors yesterday:

Gyro 4/10 - Way too much dill flavor for me.
Reuben 6/10 - My 2nd favorite of the bunch but wouldn't ever buy again. The flavor was just to cloying or something. If it was a little bit lighter dusting they'd probably be great.
Truffle fries 2/10 - Bleh. Not even that they tasted bad, was just completely forgettable and nothing like truffle fries I've had.
Biscuits and Gravy 7/10 - My favorite, but still probably won't ever buy. Had a nice pepper flavor to it and did sort of remind me of the biscuits and gravy my grandmother made.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
People hating on caramel in this thread make me question life. I'm not big on sweets myself but caramel is good stuff.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Caramel is incredible in those milk chocolate bars that little black kids sell at intersections for like $1.50 to fund their trip to Disneyland. It is like a micrometer thin layer of caramel surrounded by chocolate. Pretty wafer thin.

Fifey

Trakanon Raider
I dislike most caramel things unless it's very minimal on the caramel but then again I like super dark chocolate over milk chocolate.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I just eat these and cut to the chase.

caramelsvanilla _300.jpg

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Not all chocolate is sweet. Caramel is literally cooked sugar, so, it wins...
But there is chocolate that is sweet. You're basically saying it's worse because it has range. That versatility is what puts in over the top for me. It can be bitter and coffee-like to almost sickeningly sweet and rich, whichever I'm down for at the time.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I'm not a big sweets eater, but I don't get hating on caramel. I can see just not liking it, but thinking it's actually disgusting tasting is just weird to me.
I think we have successfully diagnosed Lurkingdirk with a brain tumor.