The Fast Food Thread

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
I don't understand how they get away with that sort of manipulation. I get the presentation angle but if you're misrepresenting the product (ie showing half the meat) how does that not come up with some consumer protection law or FTC fines or something.

It happens a lot.
Who do you think contributes more towards elections, disgruntled Taco Bell customers or Yum! Brands?

Xevy

Log Wizard
Well I believe they have to use the actual ingredients of the item, BUT they just place them all at the front of the item in the picture so it looks like it's breaming full of deliciousness but the back 1/2 of the burger/sandwich/etc is fucking empty.

I had their spicy triple loaded crunchwrap today. Besides accidentally telling them woman I wanted a "spicy triple cuntwrap" it was pretty good overall. It was quite packed with "meat". I'd say 8/10 for the value. Would be better if they had some bomb-ass sauce like some of their quesoritos/burritos have.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
i remember like 20 years ago seeing specials about how the pictures in ads often don't even contain real food, just facsimiles. its not that way anymore, but they do still do a lot of tricks to make the shit look better.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
i remember like 20 years ago seeing specials about how the pictures in ads often don't even contain real food, just facsimiles. its not that way anymore, but they do still do a lot of tricks to make the shit look better.
Most of the time it's not fully cooked either. So that burger that looks awesome may just be seared to look nice and used. There's still a lot of trickery and photoshop going on with those as well.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Do you live in Montreal?
Funny you picked up on that because bagels, lox, and cream cheese is probably one of the most popular Montreal breakfasts. The bagels they make at this one place that's been around for 70 years are so good/popular that when you go through security at the airport the TSA guys actually announce that your bagels need to go in a separate bin.. There are people who literally drive up from NY simply to buy bagels and smoked meat..

Profundis

Silver Knight of the Realm
Yeah, I remember something similar. Like ice cream in ice cream commercials isn't real because it would melt under all the lighting and drinks and stuff being covered by some type of glaze to make it look more presentable.

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Arby's, except brisket, do look like their pictures when done right. I managed one for years and tell true.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Hardee's/Carl Jr's actually look like the picture too, but that's because it takes them like 10 minutes to make you order so they do it nice and fancy-like.

spronk

FPS noob
build your own internet burger, what could go wrong
Create Your Taste | Make Burger History | McDonald's New Zealand

HpRUGc4.png

MgauxLg.png

0Y3GGAc.jpg

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
I just had the most retarded conversation of my life at Burger King

I wanted a classic chicken sandwich + a coke. No combo. Dude rings it up and its something like $6.50 after tax, sandwhich is $4.19 and coke is $1.89 or whatever + tax.

Guy working the drivethru then says to me "If you want, it's cheaper to get two chicken sandwiches instead of one, they are 2 for $5". I kinda look at the ordering screen for a moment to confirm that my chicken sandwich was $4.19, so I reply "I only need one, and it's cheaper"

He then insists again that it's cheaper to get two, and says "hold on, I'll re-ring it up and you'll see" So I wait like a minute for him to delete everything and replace my order, and the total is over $7 with the 2 sandwiches. So I have to tell him "I only wanted one, and my total was $6.50-something before, I'll just stick to my one.

At that point I just pulled forward, I was done talking with him and I wasn't going to sit there holding up the line while he re-rang it all again.

so I get up there, pay my $6.50, he hands me the bag with my sandwich and says "thanks" and closes the window. No drink. I then sit there for a minute and he finally comes back to the window and asks if he can help me, I tell him I'm missing my large coke. So he makes it up, hands it to me, and says "complements of the house for your order taking so long since I forgot to ring it up" I just stared blankly for a money before telling him that I already paid for it(which I did, my receipt in my bag showed the drink and the $6.50 charge.)

Goddamn that guy was dumb.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I went to buffalo wild wings the other day and ordered buffalo sauce - she asked if I wanted mild, medium, or hot so naturally I said hot. I couldn't really tell if whenI said "hot" if it was the "hot" option on the menu or not, but this shit was hot as fuck.

I can handle and enjoy hot and spicy foods, like when I sprinkled ghost pepper on my bbq food before, but this shit was nuclear level. I actually thought they gave me blazing by mistake, but I imagine that's a bit hotter.

Usually hot food doesn't bother me but I had to stop halfway through and take the rest home. I've had ghost pepper wings before and this was about on par with what I had before, so maybe they did give me blazing on accident.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I got the maximum hot level of the hottest ramen at the ramen place here. I took like 5 drinks of the broth and it felt like my stomach was going to burn. It was not enjoyable in the least.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I got the maximum hot level of the hottest ramen at the ramen place here. I took like 5 drinks of the broth and it felt like my stomach was going to burn. It was not enjoyable in the least.
Usually my stomach is fine for the most part (minus the hot snakes later), but my entire mouth was on fire and nothing helped. Definitely didn't feel like "hot buffalo"

In fact I didn't taste buffalo sauce at all, and it definitely had that pungent/sweet smell of some of the hotter peppers.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Spicy Garlic is my go-to sauce at BW3. It is a good combo of hot and flavor. Maybe I wish it was a touch spicier.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Spicy Garlic is my go-to sauce at BW3. It is a good combo of hot and flavor. Maybe I wish it was a touch spicier.
If you want hotter try Hooter's Spicy Garlic, it's too hot for me but good. Way hotter than BWW's.

Xevy

Log Wizard
I've had both triple crunchwraps now and I think they literally replace the lettuce of the regular with jalapenos for the spicy version. For the same price, spicy is definitely the way to go. Their $5 box is a pretty good deal, Triple wrap, dorito taco, regular hard taco, and medium drink. Up the medium to a large for like 30 extra cents.

Taco Bell hard tacos are a great way to up your car floor's shredded lettuce intake. It had really been lacking in fiber, especially after living off of loose McDonald's fries from years past.