The Fast Food Thread

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I'm surprised Chipotle is expanding. I thought they were contracting because their sales went way down after their aggressive expansion they took.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
San Francisco does have very few chains because it's full of pretentious hipsters and self righteous hippies that respectively look down on people that go to chains or think they are evil. I'm pretty sure you could hop on Bart and get within a mile of most fast food chains though. Owning a car in SF is kind of horrible though because there is nowhere to park it.

I'm 50 miles from fast food and just have Arby's, McDonald's, Wendy's, DQ, Subway, and Taco John's but it's a lot further to most ethnic food. We have a decent Mexican place and a shitty Chinese buffet and that's it. Hands down the biggest thing I miss from living in the city is good cheap ethnic food. I'm actually trying to learn to make sushi even though I will probably just be making California rolls and caterpillar rolls because getting fish is just to much trouble. Definitely miss being able to get good sushi for $3.50 a roll in SF.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Also these bad boys:

View attachment 128424

Picked up a bunch of boxes cause they were 2 for 3 dollars. Haven't made them yet, but now I have something to look forward to this week. Velveeta is the best kind of cheese, so I'm anticipating them to be delicious.

I finally got around to making the salsa con queso Velveeta bites. They were really tasty, and they had a TON of ooey gooey cheese in them. However! Apparently if you cook them for mere SECONDS longer than the instructions call for, the explode and the ooey gooey cheese oozes out all over the pan. Still tastes good, but next time I'll be more exact on my cooking times.

Bigguy28

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm kinda lucky, within like 10 miles of me I have a shitload of pizza places, three or four McDonald's, Arby's, Wendy's, Dairy Queen, Burger King, Milio's, Subway, Jimmy John's, Taco Bell, KFC, Sonic. Probably a couple others I'm forgetting, my town is huge on fast food and pizza. Probably plays a part in why I'm so fat.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I'm kinda lucky, within like 10 miles of me I have a shitload of pizza places, three or four McDonald's, Arby's, Wendy's, Dairy Queen, Burger King, Milio's, Subway, Jimmy John's, Taco Bell, KFC, Sonic. Probably a couple others I'm forgetting, my town is huge on fast food and pizza. Probably plays a part in why I'm so fat.

My town is like that too.. It's soo bad that there were people protesting that we were getting a Panda Express because it was another chain in our smallish town. Although most of the local places in our downtown are stupid expensive. Like fuck you, I'm not paying 20 bucks for meatloaf expensive.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

All of those fast food places deliver here in the middle east. I literally rang up KFC yesterday, they use your caller ID which registers you right into their system. I simply tell them to send the same as the last order. Phone call takes all of 30 seconds, food shows up 15 mins later.

Shake Shack won't deliver though, which is a shame.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist

Subway shouldn't even count as food. I think that's the one place this entire thread can agree on. Subway is the worst. There's something disturbing about being able to smell one 500 feet away.

Though I recall some very vehement Jimmy John's haters. They're different places though. JJ's is cold sandwiches only.

• 1Solidarity

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
"Traditional Greek". Same as before.

Maybe they gave you the roast beef one.

Arbys-Gyros.jpg

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
All of those fast food places deliver here in the middle east. I literally rang up KFC yesterday, they use your caller ID which registers you right into their system. I simply tell them to send the same as the last order. Phone call takes all of 30 seconds, food shows up 15 mins later.

Shake Shack won't deliver though, which is a shame.
I love Shake Shack so much, it's good that it's a huge pain in the ass for me to get it.. If not I would be the fattest of fucks.

• 1Solidarity

Oldbased

> Than U
Subway shouldn't even count as food. I think that's the one place this entire thread can agree on. Subway is the worst. There's something disturbing about being able to smell one 500 feet away.

Though I recall some very vehement Jimmy John's haters. They're different places though. JJ's is cold sandwiches only.
We had JJ's a few weeks back and she got me extra meat something. It was very lacking and the bread looked waxy. It wasn't terrible but it was awfully light on everything and tasted like preservatives. Last time we had it a yearish ago I remember it being ok. We like Firehouse ok enough. Still haven't tried Jersey Mike's which is really close to us. I miss Quiznos.

McCheese

Jersey Mike's is pretty good. They make those big, sloppy, greasy subs and fries. Awesome if you're in the mood to get your fat slob on.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Jersey Mike's is pretty good. They make those big, sloppy, greasy subs and fries. Awesome if you're in the mood to get your fat slob on.
Jersey Mikes serves fries where you're at? Just chips at all the ones I've been too.

And I'm instantly jealous of fast food delivery. That's awesome!

McCheese

Jersey Mikes serves fries where you're at? Just chips at all the ones I've been too.

And I'm instantly jealous of fast food delivery. That's awesome!

Ah you're right. I was thinking of Charley's. You find them a lot in food courts. They do those awesome, greasy philly cheese steaks where they toss the meat on the giant skillet with the onions and mix it all up. They have really good fries, too.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Ah you're right. I was thinking of Charley's. You find them a lot in food courts. They do those awesome, greasy philly cheese steaks where they toss the meat on the giant skillet with the onions and mix it all up. They have really good fries, too.
I miss working at the Pentagon. Charlies and Qdoba as options for breakfast and lunch.

B-Biscuit

Bronze Knight of the Realm
My town is like that too.. It's soo bad that there were people protesting that we were getting a Panda Express because it was another chain in our smallish town. Although most of the local places in our downtown are stupid expensive. Like fuck you, I'm not paying 20 bucks for meatloaf expensive.

A couple towns over from me they actually passed an ordinance for no drive thrus at all. The banks had to fight like hell to be able to have a drive thru even but it's a little tourist town by the lake. Closest thing to a fast food drive thru they have is an A&W