The Fast Food Thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I would say yes...conditionally.

There's places around KC (and pretty much every city) where I wouldn't bat an eye at "failed art school waitress with tats and piercings everywhere" or "dude in skinny jeans and enough product in his hair to deflect a meteor". Grinders is one of them. Grinders West - Greater Downtown - Kansas City, MO

Asian places usually aren't.

Lulu's is one of those places positioned to cater to the young, white metropolitan crowd that lives in downtown KC. Authenticity isn't critical because...frankly...those young white metros wouldn't know good fucking Thai food if you fed it to them. In their minds "Thai food = Noodles!" and that's the bulk of their sales. Seriously, look at their Yelp reviews. At least 75% or their reviews are white chicks. I'm literally going through them right now, and it's bizarre how the reviews oscillate between "OMFG Great! Authentic!" and reviewers noting that it really isn't authentic, or making the same complaints I have over the years.

Lulu’s Thai Noodle Shop - Crossroads - Kansas City, MO

I legit want to take actual Thai folks there, just to see them pick that shit apart. And to be honest, I barely trust myself when it comes to Asian food, because I'm a white Midwesterner through and through, and the Chinese food I grew up on...wasn't actually Chinese food.

Aight I hear you on that. Thankfully most of those places don't last long around here. But there are a couple that survive by East Bay weekend people. Places that are more popular for their margarita menu than anything else.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
yea, ethnic places on yelp i always ignore the white people reviews, usually they're worthless, half the time they complain about the service or the decor.
the best ethnic places are the ones that the ethnic group it caters to actually eats there. you dont see mexicans eating at taco bell.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Yeah Sichuan Jin and China 88 in DC metro are fucking legit and would be like a lower mid-tier Chengdu Resturant. Aka amazing for outside Sichuan.

I know ZyyzYzzy ZyyzYzzy and Araysar Araysar know what’s up

• 1Barf

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
the best ethnic places are the ones that the ethnic group it caters to actually eats there. you dont see mexicans eating at taco bell.
You gotta be careful, a lot.of the portugeuse places around here cater only to that group. My sister in law is portugeuse and always talks up these places so we go with her and are served shittier food of the same dishes than her. The one thing that stood out was our fries were clearly microwaved and soggy. Hers were ultra crisp and she got more. We noticed other tables having the same thing.

Just ensured I never went back

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
You gotta be careful, a lot.of the portugeuse places around here cater only to that group. My sister in law is portugeuse and always talks up these places so we go with her and are served shittier food of the same dishes than her. The one thing that stood out was our fries were clearly microwaved and soggy. Hers were ultra crisp and she got more. We noticed other tables having the same thing.

You ever come down to DC I’m taking you to one of these insanely spicy hot pot places. You’ll love it you super tasting son of a bitch.

• 1Like

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Not exactly fast food, but I just had the Texas BBQ Smoked wings from Hooters, and they were amazing.

• 1Like

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
Yeah Sichuan Jin and China 88 in DC metro are fucking legit and would be like a lower mid-tier Chengdu Resturant. Aka amazing for outside Sichuan.

I know ZyyzYzzy ZyyzYzzy and Araysar Araysar know what’s up
first pic i see for 88 is old white ppl looking at menus
o.jpg

fuck that

• 1Like

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>

why didn't your sister in law complain? fuck, if you take your own family to a restaurant and they still treat you like that, fuck that shit.

• 2Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member

are you sure thats Portuguese and not Brazilian? the true Portuguese places by me make their taters chopped up into chunks and roasted in wine and hot sauce. its the most fucking delicious thing ever.
964-picadinho-de-coxao-mole-com-abobora.jpg

my high school was in a majority portugeuse section of town. their bacalhau will turn you white, but the picadinho is awesome.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Edit: Blah... sorry about the repost.

Last edited:
  • 2Repost

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I think mentioned it a while ago in this thread, but I can't recommend BurgerFi enough for good burgers. They don't have a huge selection, but I prefer that because it means the little they do, they do damn well.

I went last night and tried their new limited-time burger, the Steakhouse Bleu:

burgerfi.jpg

This thing was LOADED with blue cheese, and the sauce was delightful. It also had a nice amount of bacon. My usual choice at BurgerFi is the breakfast all day burger, which is basically a burger that has a McGriddle and McDonald's hashbrown inside. It's amazing.

• 3Quality Calories
Reactions: 2 users

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Tried Little Caesars wings since the GF was grabbing pizza anyway.

Very meh.

• 1Like

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
thats just the NJ way of saying it, "Taylor Ham"is the more delicious version of a "pork roll".
il_570xN.1504654734_gqgu.jpg

this was the old packaging
UPqV3ZN.jpg

Nah, everywhere I go out for breakfast here they say "Canadian bacon." I get excited, and it turns out to be ham. Every. Damned. Time. I haven't had good Canadian bacon for years.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Nah, everywhere I go out for breakfast here they say "Canadian bacon." I get excited, and it turns out to be ham. Every. Damned. Time. I haven't had good Canadian bacon for years.
i edited my post above, this state is really fond of giving their own names for stuff.
this is a pork roll
heqm39gso1v01.jpg

canadian bacon
sliced-canadian-bacon-35-1.jpg

• 1Like