The Fast Food Thread

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
20190418_181234.jpg

I had the South Western Beef and Beans MRE for dinner tonight courtesy of the US Government.

Contents include:

(1) pouch of SW Beef and Beans
(1) pouch Apple slices in spiced sauce
(1) pouch pound cake
(1) pouch teriyaki beef stick
(1) sachet of cheese sauce
(1) pouch of Chipotle tortillas 2ct.
(1) Cappuccino beverage bag
(1) accessory package including the following
-Raspberry Beverage Powder
-Salt
-peppermint gum
-moist towlette
-toilet paper

And finally one flameless ration heater.

I started off taking the entree the cheese package and the pound cake and putting them in the ration heater, I added some water and it immediately started to heat up and make sizzling sounds. I placed the heater in the enclosed sleeve and set it aside.

While it was heating I took a cup of boiling water and mixed it in the Cappuccino Beverage bag then poured it into a mug. I assumed it would be some ultra sweet all in one but the taste was not overpowering for instant cappuccino. Next up was the teriyaki beef stuck, I opened the package and found a single individualally wrapped beef stick inside. It was sweet and savoury something you would get at a gas station.

Next up was the apple slices in spiced sauce, I think I made a missplay here and I should of put these in the heater as well. The apples where crisp and covered in an applesauce like cinnamon glaze they gave you an ample amount as well with whole slices.

By now the entree was finished, I fished it out of the heater bag and poured it in my tray. The chili was meaty with visible cuts if beef throughout as well as chunks of tomatos and beans. The flavor was similar to any mass market chili and it's major flaw was it's complete lack of heat. I searched to see if they included some hot sauce but alas they did not.

Attempting to remedy this, I took the jalapeno cheese sauce and Chipotle tortillas and made a redamentary burrito with the remaining chili. The spicy cheese was a delight even if it was that fake bright yellow style of squeeze cheese. The tortillas where shelf stable and came packaged with a little moisture absorber and where passable enough, you could tell they where not fresh.

After the chili burritos where finished I made a glass of raspberry beverage using a bottle of water and my MRE spoon. It was delicious and went down quickly and dissolved fully.

Finally, for my desert I opened up my hot pound cake package. This was my only disappointment of the night as it was a dense mass that was very dry. It made me wish I had a glass of milk nearby it was so dry.

I finished half of it bate my gum and called it a night.

All in a it was a tasty meal that really fills you up. A friend if mine ate her ration and had a similar result.

I think these would be very unhealthy for someone who does not engage in vigorous activities daily because they are high in sodium and and calories.

For a fast food option, nothing could be faster with a 7 year shelf life and a 10 minute preptime that only requires the content of the package and water nothing can be faster. Put one in your car in case you get stranded or store some in your basement.

I give it an 8/10

• 3Like
  • 2Quality Calories
  • 1Supertaster
Reactions: 5 users

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
View attachment 203931

I had the South Western Beef and Beans MRE for dinner tonight courtesy of the US Government.

Contents include:

(1) pouch pound cake
-Salt
-peppermint gum
-moist towlette
-toilet paper

I started off taking the entree the cheese package and the pound cake and putting them in the ration heater, I added some water and it immediately started to heat up and make sizzling sounds. I placed the heater in the enclosed sleeve and set it aside.

While it was heating I took a cup of boiling water and mixed it in the Cappuccino Beverage bag then poured it into a mug. I assumed it would be some ultra sweet all in one but the taste was not overpowering for instant cappuccino. Next up was the teriyaki beef stuck, I opened the package and found a single individualally wrapped beef stick inside. It was sweet and savoury something you would get at a gas station.

Next up was the apple slices in spiced sauce, I think I made a missplay here and I should of put these in the heater as well. The apples where crisp and covered in an applesauce like cinnamon glaze they gave you an ample amount as well with whole slices.

By now the entree was finished, I fished it out of the heater bag and poured it in my tray. The chili was meaty with visible cuts if beef throughout as well as chunks of tomatos and beans. The flavor was similar to any mass market chili and it's major flaw was it's complete lack of heat. I searched to see if they included some hot sauce but alas they did not.

Attempting to remedy this, I took the jalapeno cheese sauce and Chipotle tortillas and made a redamentary burrito with the remaining chili. The spicy cheese was a delight even if it was that fake bright yellow style of squeeze cheese. The tortillas where shelf stable and came packaged with a little moisture absorber and where passable enough, you could tell they where not fresh.

After the chili burritos where finished I made a glass of raspberry beverage using a bottle of water and my MRE spoon. It was delicious and went down quickly and dissolved fully.

Finally, for my desert I opened up my hot pound cake package. This was my only disappointment of the night as it was a dense mass that was very dry. It made me wish I had a glass of milk nearby it was so dry.

All in a it was a tasty meal that really fills you up. A friend if mine ate her ration and had a similar result.

I think these would be very unhealthy for someone who does not engage in vigorous activities daily because they are high in sodium and and calories.

For a fast food option, nothing could be faster with a 7 year shelf life and a 10 minute preptime that only requires the content of the package and water nothing can be faster. Put one in your car in case you get stranded or store some in your basement.

I give it an 8/10

Interesting look into what daily life might be like for some of our troops.

More pictures is the only thing that would have made this review better.

I give your review an 8/10, purely for lack of pictures.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Yea, eating an MRE while posing as an alt-right fuckwad on an internet message board gives a real interesting look into what daily life might be like for our troops.

• 6Worf
  • 4Bullshit
Reactions: 9 users

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I'd say it was close. I counted almost 1100 calories from all the separate packages. It was also very dense in the sense you wouldn't think it has that many calories.

Mist is going to love your candlelight dinners.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I just hope a_skeleton_02 is at least saving some money for Fancy Feast for his cat. It's not fair if only he gets to eat like a king!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
So did you score at the end of that romantic dinner or what?? Come on man, don't leave out the details.

Speaking of, were there chili farts later in the evening? Did you dutch oven her?

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
View attachment 203931

Contents include:

(1) pouch pound cake
-Salt
-peppermint gum
-moist towlette
-toilet paper

I give it an 8/10
I gave you the supertaster "dislike" which is actually mislabelled and should be a like

Perhaps Lightning Lord Rule Lightning Lord Rule can someday fix that

Essentially it's the most prestigious reaction that can be given

• 4Supertaster
  • 1EyeRoll
Reactions: 4 users

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
View attachment 203931

Contents include:

(1) pouch pound cake
-Salt
-peppermint gum
-moist towlette
-toilet paper

I give it an 8/10
As someone who lived on MREs 20+ years ago...

Science has gone too far.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I've eaten literally thousands of MRE's AMA. The two you had there are new menus to me. There was a southwest something IIRC. The only rule of my day (2005-2011) was to avoid the fucking omelette one. That thing was disgusting. People claim the Jambalaya was bad but they're a bunch of pussies. Pulling a steaming hot Jambalaya entree off a pallet sitting int he burning sun in Iraq was delicious.

Anywho, for quality calories news the new job bought this the other day for everyone. Damn tasty tenders. I rate it higher than Cane's and Zaxby's, which I didn't much care for anyway. Krispy Krunchy Chicken and this place are top spot contenders (kek).

https://www.happychicks.com/menu

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
I've eaten literally thousands of MRE's AMA. The two you had there are new menus to me. There was a southwest something IIRC. The only rule of my day (2005-2011) was to avoid the fucking omelette one. That thing was disgusting. People claim the Jambalaya was bad but they're a bunch of pussies. Pulling a steaming hot Jambalaya entree off a pallet sitting int he burning sun in Iraq was delicious.
I don't remember any jambalaya, but I was out in the late '90s.

Omelette with Ham was terribad. I remember tearing the pouch and literally pouring liquid egg out. Or it being a hard sponge. There was a BBQ beef that just had this terrible, terrible tang to it. Beef Stew was just cubes of beef fat instead of any actual beef.

I only ate a couple MREs in Iraq, and that was because they were expired and a coworker insisted on snagging like a dozen cases to sell/trade to the Albanians.

That DFAC food though...nighty and day compared to the old chow hall food back when I'd been active. Like...steak and lobster nights in the middle of fucking Iraq? DA FUQ

EDIT: at least it's not spoiled pork Chinese MREs, LOL! Found this during a 3am insomnia Youtube marathon

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
View attachment 203931

Contents include:

(1) pouch pound cake
-Salt
-peppermint gum
-moist towlette
-toilet paper

I give it an 8/10

when my wife and I did a two week road trip through zion/bryce/tetons/yellowstone ect, we did a ton of car camping. I was planning meals and since I watch stevemre all the time figure fuck it and ordered a couple cases of MREs, it was buttfucking awesome. Almost everything was tasty, it heated up good, filled you up. Wasn't the healthiest but it was fun as fuck and really satisfying after long hikes. We're doing another two week road trip later this year and going to do the same thing even though we'll be doing a lot less camping, i'll eat up these bitches in a hotel no prob.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
when my wife and I did a two week road trip through zion/bryce/tetons/yellowstone ect, we did a ton of car camping. I was planning meals and since I watch stevemre all the time figure fuck it and ordered a couple cases of MREs, it was buttfucking awesome. Almost everything was tasty, it heated up good, filled you up. Wasn't the healthiest but it was fun as fuck and really satisfying after long hikes. We're doing another two week road trip later this year and going to do the same thing even though we'll be doing a lot less camping, i'll eat up these bitches in a hotel no prob.

I'd say that MREs get a bad rap but they are pretty tasty and handy to have around the house. I just ordered a couple cases of 2018 MREs I'm going to put them in the house in MD in case I need to GTFO

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
I'd say that MREs get a bad rap but they are pretty tasty and handy to have around the house. I just ordered a couple cases of 2018 MREs I'm going to put them in the house in MD in case I need to GTFO

yup I ordered 2 more cases last year and they're just chilling in the closet, and we had some leftover from our roadtrip and once every 3-4 months we'll have an 'mre night' and just make em up on the couch while watching a movie, it's pretty fun. poundcake > all