The Fast Food Thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I did a Zoe's Kitchen and Mission BBQ bang bang last night.

Zoe's Kitchen:
Greek salad
steak kabobs
roasted vegetables
potato salad

Mission BBQ:
Lean brisket
Classic #41 sausage
cornbread
potato salad
macaroni salad

Mission BBQ is so damn good. Love me some Baybecue sauce.

• 1Quality Calories
Reactions: 1 user

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Chick-Fil-A added Mac and Cheese to the menu. First new item in 3 years supposedly. Need to go do research...

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Mission BBQ is pretty good. y u go lean over moist tho?

Their cole slaw is really fucking good, too. And their jalapeno cheddar sausage.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Mission BBQ is pretty good. y u go lean over moist tho?

Their cole slaw is really fucking good, too. And their jalapeno cheddar sausage.

The correct answer is to ask for cutter's choice. They give you a mix of lean and moist; plus, when the carver sees you gave him the option you usually get better cuts, more bark, and a little more weight than you ordered.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
This week's science:

Food Lion Nacho Cheese Flavored Tortilla Chips: I've previously mentioned these before, but here's a photo for reference. 6.3/10

Ruth's Chili: I'm a sucker for hotdog chili, public schools had the best and served in a little cup. This week I try Ruth's.

Heritage Buffalo Philly Cheesesteak: They were marked down from $6 to $3.75. After opening, they're pathetically small. Their shell crisped up real nice but inside it's practically empty. Not cheesy at all. Barely any flavor at all, let alone buffalo. And after rereading, they're spring rolls, so it's pretty much all cabbage. Epic fail. 3.27/10

Heinz Carolina Style BBQ Sauce: Is Short Sugars a chain? Well, ever since they've left town, I've been in search of a replacement sauce.

Oscar Meyer Fully Cooked Bacon: 1/3 the cost of real bacon.

Gunnoe's Pimento Cheese: One bite and I involuntarily said out loud, "Yes, fuck." I paused putting away groceries to eat it with various things. 8.7/10

Tropicana Tangerine Lemonade: Smooth and sugary. Reminded me of the drinks sold at mall pretzel shops.

View attachment 218765

I think I understand your name now.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Friendlys has some promotion if you eat both of these items you get a t shirt or some shit. Their food is fairly shitty but their ice cream is great

I did the burger today and it was just so bland. Probably could've eaten the ice cream but at the same time it sounds gross.
IMG_20190812_120738.jpg

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
All the talk of junk food this weekend pushed me into splurging on potato chips.

Jalapeno Ranch Ruffles: pretty much White People bland. There's a faint bite of jalapeno, but that's about it. Even the Ranch is mild. 3/10

Loaded Bacon and Chedder Potato Skins Ruffles: better than the above. Maybe a 5 or 6/10?

This is making me wish we could get Zapps or Herrs here.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Bought some of those Sweet Potato and Brown Sugar Sunchips on a whim, and now I can't stop eating the god damn things. Perfect combination of sweet, salty and crunchy in one bag.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
McCheese McCheese

Olive Garden to Sell 50 Lifetime Pasta Passes to 50 Lucky People

Olive Garden welcomes their annual Never Ending Pasta Bowl promotion with something new this year--50 Lifetime Pasta Passes--each good for a lifetime of unlimited servings of pasta, sauces, and toppings (plus unlimited soup or salad and breadsticks) for $500 each. But you'll have to be fast and more than a little lucky to score one.

The way it works is 24,000 Never Ending Pasta Passes (each good for unlimited pasta, sauces, and toppings from September 23, 2019 through November 24, 2019) will go on sale for $100 each starting Thursday, August 15, at 2 PM EST at www.PastaPass.com (the site is not yet up at the time of this posting) for 30 minutes, while supplies last.

If you managed to get to the purchase screen for one of those pasta passes, the first 50 people who manage to order a pass and opt-in for the Lifetime Pasta Pass for an additional $400 ($500 total, plus tax) can basically eat all the Olive Garden they want for the rest of their lives (except on Thanksgiving and Christmas when they are closed).

You can get an early leg up on trying your luck by visiting the website early to join an online waiting room starting at 5 minutes before the Pasta Passes go on sale.

For those of you who don't managed to get either Pasta Pass, the Never Ending Pasta Bowl is back starting September 23, 2019 (through November 24, 2019--same as the Never Ending Pasta Pass). While it's available, you can get unlimited servings of a selection of pasta, sauce, and toppings, plus unlimited soup or salad and breadsticks, starting at $10.99. A new sauce option for this year is Creamy Roasted Garlic sauce.

Read more at Olive Garden to Sell 50 Lifetime Pasta Passes to 50 Lucky People

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Fuck I can never get one of those damn passes. if I had one I would be there every day for lunch.

• 1Like

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Dang, the spicy nuggets are amazing. I"m so happy they are in my life now.

• 2Like

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Lanx Lanx have you ever tried Spangles?

The closest ones to me had been in Lawrence, but they closed down. Now I think Topeka is the closest location.

A buddy of mine used to live down the street from the Lawrence one, and had nothing but bad things to say about it.

Also, LOL:

1565683670015.png

Also

• 2Quality Calories

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
Lanx Lanx have you ever tried Spangles?

The closest ones to me had been in Lawrence, but they closed down. Now I think Topeka is the closest location.

A buddy of mine used to live down the street from the Lawrence one, and had nothing but bad things to say about it.

Also, LOL:

View attachment 218973
Also
theres like 3 here, ha

no, for obvious reasons.

• 1Worf

McCheese

McCheese McCheese

Olive Garden to Sell 50 Lifetime Pasta Passes to 50 Lucky People

Olive Garden welcomes their annual Never Ending Pasta Bowl promotion with something new this year--50 Lifetime Pasta Passes--each good for a lifetime of unlimited servings of pasta, sauces, and toppings (plus unlimited soup or salad and breadsticks) for $500 each. But you'll have to be fast and more than a little lucky to score one.

The way it works is 24,000 Never Ending Pasta Passes (each good for unlimited pasta, sauces, and toppings from September 23, 2019 through November 24, 2019) will go on sale for $100 each starting Thursday, August 15, at 2 PM EST at www.PastaPass.com (the site is not yet up at the time of this posting) for 30 minutes, while supplies last.

If you managed to get to the purchase screen for one of those pasta passes, the first 50 people who manage to order a pass and opt-in for the Lifetime Pasta Pass for an additional $400 ($500 total, plus tax) can basically eat all the Olive Garden they want for the rest of their lives (except on Thanksgiving and Christmas when they are closed).

You can get an early leg up on trying your luck by visiting the website early to join an online waiting room starting at 5 minutes before the Pasta Passes go on sale.

For those of you who don't managed to get either Pasta Pass, the Never Ending Pasta Bowl is back starting September 23, 2019 (through November 24, 2019--same as the Never Ending Pasta Pass). While it's available, you can get unlimited servings of a selection of pasta, sauce, and toppings, plus unlimited soup or salad and breadsticks, starting at $10.99. A new sauce option for this year is Creamy Roasted Garlic sauce.

Read more at Olive Garden to Sell 50 Lifetime Pasta Passes to 50 Lucky People

I just saw that in my news feed.

I've had three pasta passes before. Definitely worth the money. $500 isn't a bad deal at all. I could recoup that in a year or two. Sadly I no longer live near an Olive Garden so I don't think I'm going to get a pasta pass this year.

• 2Like

McCheese

Fuck I can never get one of those damn passes. if I had one I would be there every day for lunch.

Since I'm always working when they go on sale, I had to resort to recruiting family to hit the website as soon as it went up and spam buying them. I think last time we had 6 or 7 people all doing it at once and managed to get 3 passes.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Since I'm always working when they go on sale, I had to resort to recruiting family to hit the website as soon as it went up and spam buying them. I think last time we had 6 or 7 people all doing it at once and managed to get 3 passes.

were they just helping you, or were they hoping for passes for themselves too? how'd you guys work out who got a pass then, since obviously you weren't gonna get one for all 7?

McCheese

were they just helping you, or were they hoping for passes for themselves too? how'd you guys work out who got a pass then, since obviously you weren't gonna get one for all 7?

Mostly helping me. My brother could take it or leave it, so he ended up getting one. The third we gifted to my uncle because he's fat and lives near Olive Garden. I believe you have to put the name in when you purchase it, so they were coordinating on a Google hangout and as soon as the one for me was purchased, they told everyone so the others could put in other names.

• 1Quality Calories

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Mostly helping me. My brother could take it or leave it, so he ended up getting one. The third we gifted to my uncle because he's fat and lives near Olive Garden. I believe you have to put the name in when you purchase it, so they were coordinating on a Google hangout and as soon as the one for me was purchased, they told everyone so the others could put in other names.

i figured it was something like that. excuse my curiosity. :p sounds like you have good family / friends man, idk if i could get my people to do the same for me. mostly because they're horrible at coordinating things...