The Fast Food Thread

Xevy

Log Wizard
Since we were comparing McDs menus. McChickens still $1 here. Hell of a deal. They also have a "buy one get one for $1" deal for Filet O Fish, QP, Big Mac, and 10 piece mcnuggets.

20190816_191725.jpg

Just fuckin noticed both Triple Cheeseburgers and Double Cheeseburgers cost $2. Damn.

• 1Quality Calories
Reactions: 1 user

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
McDonald's some fucked up pricing here in OK.

10 piece nugget - $4.89
20 piece nugget - $5.29
40 piece nugget - $10.00

Who would ever buy a 10 piece?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Wendy's spicy chicken nuggets are legit.

Also, a 50 piece is $12.99 here in OK, so that is nice. They also have silly pricing between their 10 and 20 piece nuggets though.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Speaking of Wendys, I'm looking forward to trying this Wasabi Soy Sauce Mayo Chicken Burger tomorrow.

1566060042089.png

Pumpkin burgers not so much

1566060123536.png

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Since we were comparing McDs menus. McChickens still $1 here. Hell of a deal. They also have a "buy one get one for $1" deal for Filet O Fish, QP, Big Mac, and 10 piece mcnuggets.

View attachment 219450

Just fuckin noticed both Triple Cheeseburgers and Double Cheeseburgers cost $2. Damn.
Took advantage of that the other day. At first I was like did I see you had a buy one get one free deal going on and he's like naw? I'm like no, you got something. I backed up in the drive thru, as no one was behind me, to see the sign and I pulled up and was like yea it's a buy one get one for a $1. And he's like what items? Lol. Had to explain the whole thing. Then he ended up giving me the second thing for free instead of a $1. Score!

It's a perfect deal for me because I always want a burger and nugs.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
McDonald's some fucked up pricing here in OK.

10 piece nugget - $4.89
20 piece nugget - $5.29
40 piece nugget - $10.00

Who would ever buy a 10 piece?
Women, and people that can't eat 20 and don't want to have 10 cold nuggets left over, I guess?

Fuck, I would destroy a 40pc right now, but not sure the McDs near me have those. (edit: well, the last 20 I had weren't that good...spicy nuggets, though...)

Shit, McDonalds here suck.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Tried Wendy's spicy nuggets today and damn those are good. I never eat at Wendy's and now I'll be going all the time due to the nuggets and jalapeno cheeseburger.

• 1Like

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Tried the 2 for 3 chicken littles at KFC. Used to always get these. Was very disapointed. Seemed smaller or at least both the chicken and bread not the freshest or something. Got it in georgia gold and the bbq whatever it's called. Very poorly sauced, basically couldn't taste.

Tried their cinnamon biscuits. Just a biscuit with all the shit a cinnamon roll would have slathered over it. They are making a killing at $1 a biscuit or 4 for $3, but I enjoyed them well enough if awful for me.

The suprise hit was the cheeto chicken sandwhich. Came looking awful, pool of like wet cheeto slime in the bottom which made the bun a bit messy. Cheeto's were maybe stale also like theyd sat in a open box for a couple days. But generally overall was actually suprisingly good I think and good mix of flavors. The chicken patty was super crisp and fresh.

It also paired well with the new mountain dew they have based on peach tea. By itself not very good, but it was intended to be paired with their chicken and with the cheeto chicken it did seem to go well and improve each others flavors.

• 1Quality Calories

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
OK, I went the Full McCheese McCheese today

From BK: 2 Spicy Crispy Chicken Sammiches for $6 and 2x 10pc nuggets for $3 ($1.49 each here)
From Wendy's: A Bacon Jalapeno Chicken sammich combo (large) and 3x 6pc spicy nuggets

I'm pretty sure the lady at Wendys saw the bag of BK in my passenger seat, but said nothing. I was ready to laughingly tell whoever not to judge me.

Nugget vs Nugget: I like the Wendy's spicy nugget better. Meat tastes better, tastes a little better plain. The BK nugs taste closer to McNuggets than Wendys. But on the flip side, the BK nuggets are about half the price of Wendy's (about 15 cents per nugget vs 30 cents per nugget)

Wendy's Creamy Sriracha dipping sauce...on one hand, I like sriracha a lot, but this tasted even sweeter than your generic sriracha does. Plus, it might be overkill for some people when used on the spicy nuggets. But on the other hand, I just tried a Spicy Nugget with actual sriracha (old bottle, nearly empty, well aged and very dark at this point) and it didn't seem to pair very well at all. Comparatively no sweetness to it (might need someone with Noodleface Noodleface levels of supertasting to confirm)

BK's Spicy Crispy Chicken sandwich, 2 for $6: Very crispy, well done. For some people it might border on 'overdone', but I like it this way. Not excessively spicy though. Overall, it kind of reminded me of being similar to the classic McDonalds McChicken, except spicy, different bun, and when you get right down to it...I have to wonder if it's worth $3 each. If it was $2 each, I'd eat the fuck out of them. But @ $3? Yeah, I dunno. The biggest selling point on the old McChickens was the $1 price tag, and I can overlook a lot at $1. Not at $3 though.

Wendy's Bacon Jalapeno Chicken: oddly enough, mine was perfectly dressed. It wasn't spread out inside the wrapper like a violent crime scene, so +1 for that. First bite, I really tasted the bacon flavor, and what I didn't realize was a bite of onion ring (according to Google, just fried onions, but same thing - different form?). The patty itself tasted less spicy, and more 'peppery'. But when eating it all together, I tasted more of the pickled jalapenos, bacon and onion than I tasted the chicken patty, I guess. The rest of the dress seemed weird. Under the top bun, it seemed like it had a sort of 'spicy' sauce spread on it. There was a cheese sauce, but I had a hard time picking it out. It wasn't oozing everywhere, just looked like the first thing on top of the chicken. Overall...it tasted kind of dry. Kept having to take a drink. But it seemed weird in the 'spicy' department, as all the spice seemed to be in the pickled jalapenos and whatever 'mystery' sauce was spread on the bun.

TL;DR:

BK Nuggets: tastes ok: cheap!
Wendy's spicy nugs: better quality, not as cheap
BK spicy crispy chicken: not sure if worth $3
Wendy's Bacon Jalapeno Chicken: Was ok, premium offering, something like $6+ for sammich alone, not a dealmaker for me.
Wendy's sriracha sauce: decent to good, but not sure Lanx Lanx would approve

• 3Like
  • 2Quality Calories
Reactions: 4 users