The Fast Food Thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Yeah I'm with Falstaff on this one. They phrased the question in a confusing way.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
So I noticed when I got the good popeye chicken sammiches that they had massive baskets they served their other chicken from under heat lamps. Even during rush at lunch, were not going thru very fast it seemed and looked like they loaded fresh cooked in the front of the older chicken even worse.

So last night went to get 2 including 1 for my wife who normally refuses to eat popeyes. So moment of truth and.... shit. Picked up at like 8pm, was warm ish but not hot, certainly miles less juicy, I think I was victim of some sitting around bitch ass chicken :(. At least the spicy had plenty more sauce or something as it gave me a little kick.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
So I noticed when I got the good popeye chicken sammiches that they had massive baskets they served their other chicken from under heat lamps. Even during rush at lunch, were not going thru very fast it seemed and looked like they loaded fresh cooked in the front of the older chicken even worse.

So last night went to get 2 including 1 for my wife who normally refuses to eat popeyes. So moment of truth and.... shit. Picked up at like 8pm, was warm ish but not hot, certainly miles less juicy, I think I was victim of some sitting around bitch ass chicken :(. At least the spicy had plenty more sauce or something as it gave me a little kick.
Still isn't available out here. Oh well.

rad

Lord of Guk
Ain't no way you're dethroning the King.... Popeye always been a little bitch without his spinach.

chick2.jpg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Ain't no way you're dethroning the King.... Popeye always been a little bitch without his spinach.

View attachment 230456
What's that, the BK or wendys? On sale if it's 2 for 6, that is a killer deal. One for $6? Starting to run into the value quotient of is it $2/each better. ($8 vs $12+ for a 2 sammy lunch)

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Went to McD's for something other than coffee for the first time in years and got a Big Mac meal. Shit was $10, the burger was 'meh', the fries were soggy, and they didn't have ginger ale. On the plus side, I wasn't power slammed by the staff.

• 1Like

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
I absolutely love the Baconator. Unless they make it so it is slathered with grease and looks like Honey Boo Boo's mom say on it (35% of the time, approximately), it is great. I used to love Wendy's chicken strips but then they were little bitches and got rid of them. Fuck you I don't want your chicken nuggets, I want your goddamn motherfucking chicken strips. The ones from burger king aren't half bad either.
Wendy's was my jam. There are three in my town. I used to work by one and live by the other, but I've since moved close to the one bad one. Ironic is this one is the newest one so it looks nicer, but staff is garbage.
On plus side, I'm also nearer to Chick-fil-A.
Honey Roasted Golden Barbeque sauce (or whatever it's called) is probably my all time favorite sauce. If y'all know of a grocery equivalent, please shout it out.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
After further testing, I think I prefer Tapatio over Valentina (even black label). I might still like Cholula even more, I'm not sure.

RE: Melindas

I like their extra hot & XXXtra hot habanero, though sometimes I really don't want that habanero flavor. Sometimes that jalapeno flavor just tastes better to me.

I picked up the Red Savina, and I'm not sold on it. It might just be too hot. I tried some on a burrito: if I put on enough that I was getting enough flavor with each bite, it was enough heat to give you numb mouth, tears, etc. If you cut back due to the heat, then there just wasn't enough sauce on the burrito and it was easy to 'miss' it. And it still has that distinctive habanero taste.

1573438248434.png

• 1Like

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Had the Southwest Omelet Biscuit from Hardee's. It was scrumptious but not Southwest enough for me. I associate that adjective with pinkish mystery sauce, to which this has none. The Jalapenos were unnoticeable. The bacon has the same defect as regular omelet biscuits - instead of being strips or pieces, they're cubed like ham : I had one piece of fat I had to throw out the window.

sleevedraw

Revolver Ocelot
<Bronze Donator>
Are you doubling up on Portillos before you move to Wokeland? Portillos is one of the only redeeming things about Chicago!

Yup, not going to be able to get Italian Beef anywhere anymore. There are a couple of Portillo's in SoCal, but nothing in the Bay Area.

• 1Like

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
There is. I'm sure you'll be able to find something in SF, but you'll be down in the Peninsula which is pretty far away. Likely harder to find something that specific down there.

Xevy

Log Wizard
McD's has donut sticks for seasonal treats. 12 are like $3. Maybe worth a try. I'm not a huge fast food dessert guy, but mostly because I'd rather stuff my face with meat first.

Wait.

• 1Weird Boner
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users