The Fast Food Thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah, so essentially they use 100% beef, just like everyone else does, and then puts seasoning and other shit in it...just like everyone else does. The only difference is that Taco Bell mixes it all up, so they stupidly labeled it as 88% beef for some reason (I'm assuming that moron got fired). That's like saying a Wendy's spicy chicken is only 88% chicken, because all the spices and breading and shit isn't chicken. If, for some reason, Wendy's sold a "ground spicy chicken" taco, they might call it 88% chicken too. If they were dumb.

It is still 100% beef, just like everyone else. They just included the additives for some stupid reason.

they are required to report it like that. anyone who makes taco meat with the packet knows you add a cup (ish depending on the consistency you like) of water with the seasoning pack (that has things like flours and/or corn starch FOR TEXTURE). That means my taco meat is no longer 100% beef (it's 10+% water now!).

You can always find the soft head in the group by if they talk about taco bell "mystery meat" - i'd be much more concerned with their synthetic cheese and how many fucking hands have been all up in that lettuce

Last edited:
  • 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
You're just focusing on the one aspect because it makes Taco Bell look bad.
no, this is what is on the packaging and what you're ingesting

mcdee patty is 100% beef, it goes on the grill, and gets a shake of s&p, thats it, that serving sized hockey puck is 100% beef.

taco bell meat goes in a water bath and gets scooped out, onto a taco, in that scoop is 88% beef and 12% whatever.

it's not like they magically throw that 12% away, it gets ingested.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
What's the purpose of the oats? Is that just filler? I'd guess that makes up some not insignificant portion of 12%

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Because the Truck Drivers for Taco Bell love haulin' oats!
giphy.gif

• 1Rimshot
  • 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Renewed faith in carls Jr. Swore them off for 1-2 years due to endless bad special burgers then embracing the beyond meat horseshit. New special is interesting and I assume terrible, but theyve been running $2.99 doubles of a wider variety. So a basic cheese, the california classic (my fave), and I forget 3rd, something dumb, then in limited markets like CO they have Jalapeno and a Guacamole. Not as small as I thought theyd be. I'd argue a pretty good value though I'd love to see a 2 for $5 kinda thing.

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
4pc mozz sticks are a dollar at sonic today. Don't know if it's too late for you guys. Just got 20 for dinner.

• 1Quality Calories

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Renewed faith in carls Jr. Swore them off for 1-2 years due to endless bad special burgers then embracing the beyond meat horseshit. New special is interesting and I assume terrible, but theyve been running $2.99 doubles of a wider variety. So a basic cheese, the california classic (my fave), and I forget 3rd, something dumb, then in limited markets like CO they have Jalapeno and a Guacamole. Not as small as I thought theyd be. I'd argue a pretty good value though I'd love to see a 2 for $5 kinda thing.

El Diablo might be my favorite fast food burger (In N Out notwithstanding).

• 1Like

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
They qualify as fast food, right? Like Einstein Bros, they a fast food franchise, right?

If yes, then not really a derail.
I can really mouth fuck an Asiago Bagel from there.

• 1Worf

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I don't understand why people think that those food production videos are a ploy. The larger the corporation, (usually) the better and cleaner their production lines have to be. They cannot risk getting a line or factory shut down by inspectors because of the massive undertaking in both time and money for them to reopen. Remember when the Oklahoma Blue Bell plant had to close because of the listeria found in some cartons? That shit almost bankrupted them and kept their ice cream off the shelves in the SW for more than four months. If the real beef is what the ingredients are then that's another place where larger corporations cannot fuck around because of giant lawsuits if they don't use the ingredients disclosed to the government/public. Do you really think in the age of social media that a worker wouldn't snap a pic of nasty meat getting processed for a huge company so that they could get a payout?

Plants that work on that level of volume have at least one USDA inspector there, all day, every day. They even have to give the motherfucker his own personal office and parking spot (not kidding, it's written in the CFR). He does Pre-Operation inspection and can hold a room to be recleaned. They can hold/destroy product, and if bad enough literally shut you down until you fix your shit. It's almost funny how much power the USDA has over the FDA, who have limp dicks in comparison.

• 1Like

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
Plants that work on that level of volume have at least one USDA inspector there, all day, every day. They even have to give the motherfucker his own personal office and parking spot (not kidding, it's written in the CFR). He does Pre-Operation inspection and can hold a room to be recleaned. They can hold/destroy product, and if bad enough literally shut you down until you fix your shit. It's almost funny how much power the USDA has over the FDA, who have limp dicks in comparison.
was talking to a woman last week who used to work tyson chicken and now works at the hills (it's petfood here), she says the spec is ultra tight and amazingly clean and the hills, she basically said its like heaven and hell, i think they have 2 lines there and governed by FDA

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Meat is always USDA. My company does cheese ravioli's and vegetables and fall under FDA. On the 3-5 days out of the year we do a meat ravioli, we have to specifically call the USDA so they can send an inspector on those days. It's why the system is so fucked up, FDA should just do drugs and move all food under USDA.

• 1Like

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Had a Chicken McGriddle and a McBiscuit this morning for breakfast. Clutch as fuck. My liver continues to fail.

Ghidorah

Trakanon Raider
Back when mcdonalds was doing the southern style chicken stuff, I ordered a chicken biscuit and I guess whoever made it was on drugs because they put the chicken filet on a mcgriddle. It was awesome.

• 1Like
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 1 users