The Fast Food Thread

rad

Lord of Guk
barnburner.jpg

Barn Burner and Chili Cheese fries... Im eating here way too fucking much.

• 7Quality Calories
  • 3Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 10 users

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Does anybody have any actual citations that this information is true? I seem to remember a massive debate over sugar substitutes in the last "Quality Calories" thread back on Rerolled/Morenetz/FoH V1.0 and most of the "fears" over sugar substitutes were bullshit.

There are multiple studies showing some artificial, zero calorie sweeteners spike your insulin levels. A quick Google should turn up a number of fairly accurate lists. It is one of the reasons I started using liquid stevia. It is non-nutrative and so doesn't have an effect on fasting insulin levels.

As far as the dangers of sugar substitutes, they are some of the most tested substances on Earth. Aspartame, in fact, is the single most tested substance ever and there is no evidence it causes any of the side-effects reported anecdotally in the media. Are they good for you? Who knows. The one thing that the media wants to ignore, though, is that sugar is undeniably bad for you and likely worse than all other substitutes.

Even if aspartame did increase the likelihood of cancer, the correct question would be how does it compare to sugar since we know sugar causes a host of metabolic diseases and cancers. Most studies concerning sugar substitutes are completely unscientific and most meta-analysis lumps legitimate studies in with bullshit ones, so it is quite difficult to get the actual facts concerning the health effects of sugar and sugar substitutes.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Let's be honest. It's difficult to get actual facts about anything related to nutrition whatsoever.

• 5Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Local one near me has the 3 egg breakfast for like 7 bucks most of the time. I usually end up getting that instead of whatever the daily deal is.
sounds like a terrible deal. grocery store has like a dozen eggs for 99cents. What else is included?

iannis

Musty Nester
I can get eggs from the chickens butt, but the farmer wants a dime each for them and you have to bring your own basket or carton.

I'm not complaining. Sometimes they're even still warm! Truth is that i'm sure he'd give them to you for free for the asking. But chickens ain't free...

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
I can get eggs from the chickens butt, but the farmer wants a dime each for them and you have to bring your own basket or carton.

I'm not complaining. Sometimes they're even still warm! Truth is that i'm sure he'd give them to you for free for the asking. But chickens ain't free...

I would murder someone to have access to fresh eggs.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Even if aspartame did increase the likelihood of cancer, the correct question would be how does it compare to sugar since we know sugar causes a host of metabolic diseases and cancers.

This is exactly it right here. I can't tell you how many times I've gotten into arguments/debates with family/friends over sugar substitutes being "bad" for you and had to use this exact line.

I am 100% a soda addict. Fully admit it and realize I'm completely unwilling/unable to change it and cut out soda completely. At one point in my life, I was 393 pounds and now fluctuate between 185-190 ( inb4 you check the RL picture thread for proof, faggots). The single largest contributor to my weight loss was obviously diet (I actually didn't increase my physical activity by that much, tbh). And part of that diet was finding an alternative to "real" soda. I typically drank between 6-8 cans worth a day, sometimes approaching 12+ on the weekends. I actually saw very poor results from dieting until I swapped to "diet" soda. I was drinking so many fucking empty calories that it was unreal. I just never really cared/realized it.

So, while I doubt sugar substitutes are "good" for you(obviously), for me at least, the alternative is far more detrimental to my health. I still drink about 6-8 cans a day worth of "diet" soda, more on the weekends. I also pound another 4-8 servings of the Mio water flavor stuff, as I can't stand how "plain" tasting water is. I still have no problems maintaining weight, remain beetus free, and had a ton of bloodwork done when my girlfriend and I went through IVF that all turned out perfectly normal.

Back on topic, just swung by the Bell for a Baja Blast Zero. I still maintain that Gorditas are an S-tier fast food item, even all these years later.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

uncognito

Trakanon Raider
I 100% require and love soda but only while eating for some reason.

proof god loves us and wants us to be happy:

1582078549902.png

• 1Quality Calories
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users