The Fast Food Thread

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Not sure if its been mentioned. But went to order pizza today from dominos and there was a coupon for 50% off online pizza orders. Doesn't say how long its going on and for some reason its not plastered all over the front page like normal. Had to actually find and apply the coupon. Hopefully its nationwide for others.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
red barron sale so tried classic and thin crust

Pizza scale:
newman's
home run inn
red baron (classic, thin crust, brick oven [order of preference])
bellatoria
Jacks/tonys
palermo
dijorno rising crust
roma

No Tombstone? That's pretty much the standard frozen pizza, kinda baseline.

Roma are complete shit and never worth buying.

The last digiorno I had was the day my appendicitis started, so I can't anticipate ever eating one again. Freschetta is essentially the same, except for Brick Oven Freschetta which I thought was absolute god tier, so of course they discontinued it and you can't find it anywhere.

Jacks are not a good pizza, but they are a fantastic base for a pizza. The crust crisps up almost perfectly, so as long as you've got a bag of mozerella and some other toppings in the fridge when you pull one out of the freezer, you can make an excellent pizza.

I remember Red Baron being good, but the taste has been off lately, so either I've got the 'rona or it's gone downhill from it's past glory.

The various brew pub pizzas seem to be the fucking worst though...things like lotza mottzas. They seem like a great idea...an absolute pile of toppings and cheese, but there's so much grease contained in all that fat that by the time you cook it, you need a mop to eat it. The first piece is great, but by the time you get halfway thru the pizza, it's just a chore to eat the disgusting slop.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
When I lived in GA we used to get Chinese from this place all the time, and it was never spicy enough. One day I got Szechuan chicken and told the guy "I want it to make me cry"

It sure as fuck did. Bring it close to your mouth and feel all your sinus closing. It was definitely not enjoyable.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

6D532C6C-2AE5-4797-9AA9-DC4C2CA29F78.jpeg

1618171648519.gif

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
The various brew pub pizzas seem to be the fucking worst though...things like lotza mottzas. They seem like a great idea...an absolute pile of toppings and cheese, but there's so much grease contained in all that fat that by the time you cook it, you need a mop to eat it. The first piece is great, but by the time you get halfway thru the pizza, it's just a chore to eat the disgusting slop.
oh cool, i was gonna try lotza mottza next, since i was in menards and they sold roma, which is shit, so i was like, well lotza mottza is like 3x the price, maybe it's decent.

i know... why buy food at menards? i mean they have a 11% rebate and they sell some foods wholesale/pallets so it's good to take a look.
No Tombstone? That's pretty much the standard frozen pizza, kinda baseline.

i missed the sale on tombstone from dillons so i'll be waiting

Sevens

Log Wizard
With regard to the super spice thing, I think it's sort of an adrenaline rush or something along those lines. I agree that making things so hot that your nose is running and tears are running down your face is not making your food taste good, but there's something sort of addicting about it. I don't want to do it every day, but every time I run out of 2x spicy samyang ramen I always order another package.

oh cool, i was gonna try lotza mottza next, since i was in menards and they sold roma, which is shit, so i was like, well lotza mottza is like 3x the price, maybe it's decent.

i know... why buy food at menards? i mean they have a 11% rebate and they sell some foods wholesale/pallets so it's good to take a look.

Wait, Menards as in the home improvement store?
Never knew they would have food stuffs.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Wait, Menards as in the home improvement store?
Never knew they would have food stuffs.
yea they have a few aisles of basic dry goods and like 4 fridges (1 for pizza, 3 for milk/eggs/etc) and then they just have a section where they put a pallet of stuff on sale.

you had to know where you could buy food when covid hit, heh.

other menards might be different, but i regularly see ppl buy a gallon of milk and fertilizer together.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I was super disappointed in the DiGiorno’s the other day. I may fly with the Red Baron next time.

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>

Menards actually has some great deals from time to time. Like, they'll have black label thick cut bacon for half the price of grocery stores, with the caveat that they don't have it very often. Fleet farm is the same way, adding a grocery section adds some interesting opportunities for deals if you're in there often for other shit. I try not to go to menards (but their lumber yard is superior to home depot, so...meh), but I'm in fleet farm every week or so for ammo and general indoor/outdoor projects anyway, so no cost there.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Not sure if its been mentioned. But went to order pizza today from dominos and there was a coupon for 50% off online pizza orders. Doesn't say how long its going on and for some reason its not plastered all over the front page like normal. Had to actually find and apply the coupon. Hopefully its nationwide for others.
Is it any better than the normal every day coupon for $7.99 3 topping carry out? That’s the problem with most of the % off coupons from the pizza chains, it’s a percent off of their insane regular menu prices.

Pizza Hut had a % off coupon that you could get for awhile that would apply to their wings, which made them actually a pretty good deal but I haven’t seen anything like that in awhile

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Is it any better than the normal every day coupon for $7.99 3 topping carry out? That’s the problem with most of the % off coupons from the pizza chains, it’s a percent off of their insane regular menu prices.

Pizza Hut had a % off coupon that you could get for awhile that would apply to their wings, which made them actually a pretty good deal but I haven’t seen anything like that in awhile

Hmm. Maybe? I guess depends what you order. I got a meatlovers and the supreme special, they were 9 bucks for large. I don't think you can get those under the carry out 3 topping special. But yeah I think normally those 2 pizzas are 17-18 bucks. Looks like just flat ordering a 3 topping large is 18 bucks also. So if that's all you do, seems not worth it. Great for the specialty pizzas though.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Very spicy food in other countries was how they covered up the taste of meat that was rancid but all they had to eat.
i don't believe i've ever had rancid meat, but thats basically food poisoning, and i've also seen at least 100 episodes of naked and afraid/alone whatever, survival shows and everytime someone sees a dead animal (that they didn't kill) and go try to eat it, even w/ extreme cooking, they end up puking their guts out later on, sometimes even getting evac'd out.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
What people don't realize is that while cooking kills bacteria, certain bacteria also produce toxins which are very heat resistant and can't be destroyed via cooking. Toxins also hit you much faster than bacteria, usually immediately if there's enough.

• 2Like

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
i don't believe i've ever had rancid meat, but thats basically food poisoning, and i've also seen at least 100 episodes of naked and afraid/alone whatever, survival shows and everytime someone sees a dead animal (that they didn't kill) and go try to eat it, even w/ extreme cooking, they end up puking their guts out later on, sometimes even getting evac'd out.
Because that shits remotely accurate.....

What fogel says is true, but a reality show is more than half scripted at a minimum.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I think Naked and Afraid is less scripted than something like Alaskan Bush People or Duck Dynasty, but there has definitely been some fuckery to make the show more entertaining.