Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
I asked for the hottest they had in Bangkok and Pattaya

1618096526928.png

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Sevens

Log Wizard
I just never understood the extreme spice thing. I mean I can understand a bit of heat and all but when you get to the point of it just being hot and not flavorful its just seems odd to me.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Spice racism is real. Ordering spicy food and getting some bland shit because you are white is terrible.
its a restaurant necessity.

when i called to confirm my order the lady said "oh you chi-nese?" (cuz of my name)

and i said "yes"

and she said "oh ok, i give you real thai hot hot then"

• 5Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
its a restaurant necessity.

when i called to confirm my order the lady said "oh you chi-nese?" (cuz of my name)

and i said "yes"

and she said "oh ok, i give you real thai hot hot then"
I get it, if the customer complains it’s too spicy the restaurant is losing money if they have to remake it. But adding spice after the fact is never as good. I just want a “confirm you really want that” option.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I get it, if the customer complains it’s too spicy the restaurant is losing money if they have to remake it. But adding spice after the fact is never as good. I just want a “confirm you really want that” option.
and i'm pretty sure karen always says yes i understand, and complains afterwards, so experience has been to cut the spice by half whenever it's whitey

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
and i'm pretty sure karen always says yes i understand, and complains afterwards, so experience has been to cut the spice by half whenever it's whitey
It’s fucking infuriating. The Sichuan place near me massively turned down the spice of their mapo tofu and it sucks now. Fucking whitey.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
It’s fucking infuriating. The Sichuan place near me massively turned down the spice of their mapo tofu and it sucks now. Fucking whitey.
oh you want that sichuan pepper tingle

i remember one time i made sichuan pork and green beans, and the white guy said it was like novacaine
6b9dd470c25f7ef9f34c7e641e4c8585.jpg

he thought he could handle spice cuz he's been married to a mammacita for a while...

mexican girl just look at him w/ those disappointed eyes while slurping down the green beans

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Guess when you are cooking cat and your recently deceased dog you have to spice everything up to the point of losing all flavor out of necessity.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
lol I love when people can’t handle the heat and make excuses for being a puss.

• 2Edgelord
  • 1Worf
  • 1Like

Sevens

Log Wizard
lol I love when people can’t handle the heat and make excuses for being a puss.
lol I love it when some idiot thinks eating spicy food makes him super macho man and then wants to insult people who simply don't like it.
I dont like meatloaf does that make me a pussy?
I dont like brussel sprouts either, does that make me a pussy?
(*nsfw content)

Last edited by a moderator:
  • 1Like
  • 1Moron

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Bro, it's the fast food thread, the only cred here is how hot you can make it or how much cheese you can put on it

• 4Like

Hootie

Silver Knight of the Realm
Very spicy food in other countries was how they covered up the taste of meat that was rancid but all they had to eat. But macho men in first world countries can't get enough.
Boggles the mind, i used to talk people out of ordering the hottest wings at a Wing joint i bartended years ago. Saved many good people from having a bad night, because 9 out of 10 people who ordered it would feel awful. Was some ghost pepper bullshit they put on the menu to attract business during the wing craze of last decade. In reality it was some normal sauce with a ton of capsaicin dumped in it. Anyway, spicy food is good but going for extra spice past the normal is ridiculous. Even if it's naturally made like add a few peppers or spicy ponzu but just a little too much will cover up all flavor. Who hasn't ruined a perfectly good dish by adding just a little too much spice? So to do it on purpose is stupid.

• 1Like
  • 1Truth!

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
We would go to Buffalo Wild Wings a lot in high school for the cheap wing nights. Every once in awhile someone in our group thought they were tough shit and would order some inferno wings (they made you order a minimum of 6 or something). Every fucking time these guys pussed out and couldn't even finish a single one.

There was a thai place by an apartment I used to live in that had a thai language menu that was loosely translated to english over the years by customers. It was funny seeing different people's handwriting every time you asked to see it, they didn't give a fuck about actually updating it with english translations they just let us white people do it. Anyways they only let you order "thai spicy" if you ordered something off that menu, so I did it a couple times because it had some actual good shit on it... something called exploding catfish curry comes to mind, and banana blossom salad. Anyways long story short, I like heat, but I only did thai spicy once, it was fucking painful coming out.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user