The Fast Food Thread

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Del Taco is superior to Taco Bell in every way now.

• 3Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Fuck, I used to specifically buy those tubes of cookie dough just to snack on during college, no to bake cookies. I've been licking cake batter and eating cookie dough for my entire damn life and never gotten sick.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I ate that shit all the time and never got sick. If you got sick that sounds like some beta genes.

Yeah, we should lobby the FDA to remove those warning labels on cookie dough. If you're going to die from some raw eggs and flour then we're probably better off without you passing on your DNA.

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Fucker

Log Wizard
Just thought I'd pop my head in here to say that from Q4 2020, to Q1 2021, taco bells profits went down from 212 to 144 million. That's 68 million less dollars of profit, despite slashing their costs to the ground. Maybe they'll come back to what they were.

Until then, just take a gander at what del taco now has for a 1$. Wonder what happens if I stack two on top of each other.

DEL TACO
You really have to be screwing up when people are getting delivery now more than ever. These people keep trying to sell garbage and wonder why no one wants it.

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Fuck, I used to specifically buy those tubes of cookie dough just to snack on during college, no to bake cookies. I've been licking cake batter and eating cookie dough for my entire damn life and never gotten sick.
My favorite is sweet corn bread mix gets a good bowl and spatula tounging.

Fuck i think i remember once making a batch and eating it uncooked like a big bowl of cold sweet oatmeal.

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Del Tacos taco meat is fucking weird. Seems like it's part beans/meat/oatmeal.
Its closer to real than taco bell. But i would say wendys quality meme is in full effect for del.

Grsnted i dont go for anythingnwithbtaco meat. Their chicken grilled or the crispy is great. If its a good store the fish tacos are my main jam. They have green chile and pepperjack burritos. Even their burger is vanilla but pretty decent if you have a food racist kid with you.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
It's estimated about 1 in every 1000 eggs has salmonella, which is why they warn about over easy eggs, cookie dough etc. If you don't have some type of auto immune condition I say go ahead and role the dice. No point limiting a lifetime of enjoyment over a .1% chance to get the shits for a day.

edit: And modern manufacturing and technology have further reduced those risks over the years.

• 1Like

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
It's estimated about 1 in every 1000 eggs has salmonella, which is why they warn about over easy eggs, cookie dough etc. If you don't have some type of auto immune condition I say go ahead and role the dice. No point limiting a lifetime of enjoyment over a .1% chance to get the shits for a day.

edit: And modern manufacturing and technology have further reduced those risks over the years.
I'll eat stuff that has a 100% chance of giving shits for the day. You aint going to cow me with some puny bacteria. By now my stomach has probably cultured it into a probiotic or something.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
I'll eat raw eggs in a variety of dishes without giving a second thought to the tiny risk of salmonella.

Raw cookie dough is still fucking gross.

• 8Supertaster
  • 1Pants on Fire!
  • 1Pathetic
Reactions: 10 users

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>

I have never in my life made cookies with store bought dough. I don't buy it often but it never becomes cookies.

• 1Like

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Del Taco used to be ok before they got bought out. Last time we ate there, it was really really bad. Taco Bell must really be screwing Fifi if they are worse.
Nah just a few people salty they removed some things like Mexican pizza (probably because no one ever bought them to begin with). Removing potatoes was dumb but they are back. I’ve had del taco a few times and I’d take TB over it every time.

• 1Pathetic

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>

I'm pretty sure the inside of eggs is a sterile environment. The only risk for salmonella comes from the outside of the shell, last I heard. So don't drop your eggshells into the bowl and you should be golden.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I'm pretty sure the inside of eggs is a sterile environment. The only risk for salmonella comes from the outside of the shell, last I heard. So don't drop your eggshells into the bowl and you should be golden.
this is also where that stupid tip to crack the egg on a flat surface
f83f767277d3b8d2766fbf7bc742670c.png

instead of the edge of the bowl b/c then the shells won't "push up" into the egg.

well imo this is stupid and bullshit, i cracked literally thousands of eggs when i worked the mcdee grill as a teen, hell i did it two hands at a time, why not, if i fucked up, not my eggs to worry about.

anyway, i never got eggshell in the eggs, you know why i know? b/c 100% if i did some bitch would have come back to complain, am i right?

i have also watched hundreds of food being cooked by chefs (not the retarded celebrities, behind the scenes in real kitchens) on youtube, and no one cracks an egg on a flat surface.

and when i tried it out a few times it's actually harder imo to crack and nearly impossible to crack w/ one hand and makes a mess.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
mcdee grill

Dunno what the chefs at mcdonalds do to run their restaurant, but the chef when I worked prep would ree across the room if I did that. One light tap on a wooden surface while holding both ends firmly, Then you split open with two hands. You'll never get shell, and it gives the least contamination, which is important for uncooked egg deserts. If you dent the egg while tapping you are hitting too hard.

And in honor of this thread, I'm currently eating a cookie dough blizzard, with peanut butter and fudge added in. I think I'm gonna be able to skip this afternoon's energy drink.

Last edited:

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Dunno what the chefs at mcdonalds do to run their restaurant, but the chef when I worked prep would ree across the room if I did that. One light tap on a wooden surface while holding both ends firmly, Then you split open with two hands. You'll never get shell, and it gives the least contamination, which is important for uncooked egg deserts. If you dent the egg while tapping you are hitting too hard.
open an egg with two hands? i might as well just go buy teflon pans while i'm at it then

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>

instead of the edge of the bowl b/c then the shells won't "push up" into the egg.

well imo this is stupid and bullshit, i cracked literally thousands of eggs when i worked the mcdee grill as a teen, hell i did it two hands at a time, why not, if i fucked up, not my eggs to worry about.

anyway, i never got eggshell in the eggs, you know why i know? b/c 100% if i did some bitch would have come back to complain, am i right?

i have also watched hundreds of food being cooked by chefs (not the retarded celebrities, behind the scenes in real kitchens) on youtube, and no one cracks an egg on a flat surface.

and when i tried it out a few times it's actually harder imo to crack and nearly impossible to crack w/ one hand and makes a mess.
I also did one-handed, with one in each hand. Damned McMuffin eggs.

I just cracked the eggs on the egg ring.

1620083748110.png

But at least they were actual eggs, and not the Folded egg mix that came in a fucking carton.

• 1Like

Serpens

<Silver Donator>

Jaques Pepin does this and mentions the risk every single time in his videos.