The Fast Food Thread

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Doritos XXtra Flaming Hot is out. I didn't see them at my store yet though.

Doritos_Xxtra_Flamin__Hot_Nacho.jpg

• 2Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 2 users

Unidin

Molten Core Raider
Planet Money just did a show on the guy that invented Flamin' Hot Cheetos. Good listen while you house a few bags.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I literally had to stop buying junk. Now if I want to snack i've gotta eat some olives or cheese or a yogurt cup or something.

Feelsbadman.jpg
Just add bacon to the mix and you won’t feel bad man.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Spoiled myself.

Still counts as fast food - received it in 5 minutes, and you can get it for take away!

20210517_195612.jpg

20210517_195741.jpg

20210517_200815.jpg

• 5Quality Calories
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 6 users

Hootie

Silver Knight of the Realm
Ok help me out here. I have never had that, is it Korean BBQ? I can see a side of Fried fish,Rice,some kind of sauce and looks like a plate of fried Chicken thighs with cabbage?
Serious question just not sure what i'm looking at. Also the bottom picture as well, was that from a different visit?

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Ok help me out here. I have never had that, is it Korean BBQ? I can see a side of Fried fish,Rice,some kind of sauce and looks like a plate of fried Chicken thighs with cabbage?
Serious question just not sure what i'm looking at. Also the bottom picture as well, was that from a different visit?

it's Japanese tonkatsu, which is pork loin coated in panko and then deep fried. There's two different types there- hire and roast, hire is leaner and thicker.

The side dishes are squid and ham steak cooked in the same way. Same visit. Restaurants close at 8pm here and I rarely get out of work before that so I wanted to make it worth my while.

Comes with white rice, pickled daikon radish, shijimi soup (freshwater clam miso soup), barley tea, cabbage, and a special tonkatsu sauce to pour on top. Rice, soup and tea are all free refills.

Entire thing was about $20

• 4Like
  • 2Quality Calories
Reactions: 5 users

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
it's Japanese tonkatsu, which is pork loin coated in panko and then deep fried. There's two different types there- hire and roast, hire is leaner and thicker.

The side dishes are squid and ham steak cooked in the same way. Same visit. Restaurants close at 8pm here and I rarely get out of work before that so I wanted to make it worth my while.

Comes with white rice, pickled daikon radish, shijimi soup (freshwater clam miso soup), barley tea, cabbage, and a special tonkatsu sauce to pour on top. Rice, soup and tea are all free refills.

Entire thing was about $20
Making me miss tonkatsu and karaage.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Making me miss tonkatsu and karaage.
I fucking destroyed those breakfast bowls with chicken and rice and a raw egg broken on top when I was there. No idea what the fuck it was called. I just pointed to shit, since everywhere has pictures of food over there. Plus those fucking fried fatty pork things on a stick were fucking amazing. I mostly ate junk food, and they have amazing fatty junk food, but the sweet junk food is disappointing. Japanese food tends to be very simple, just a few ingredients thrown together in a pleasing way. I like it, but I also love american food disasters like a burrito stuffed with DOUBLE EVERYTHING.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Japanese food tends to be very simple, just a few ingredients thrown together in a pleasing way. I like it, but I also love american food disasters like a burrito stuffed with DOUBLE EVERYTHING.
yea, substitute panko from breadcrumbs and thats a pork cutlet basically.

i will say that since i was experimenting with frying a month ago with my deep fryer, even tho it's annoying, it's a MUST that you have to coat the cutlet in flour before dredging in egg, i said elsewhere, i view it as primer for paint.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
yea, substitute panko from breadcrumbs and thats a pork cutlet basically.

i will say that since i was experimenting with frying a month ago with my deep fryer, even tho it's annoying, it's a MUST that you have to coat the cutlet in flour before dredging in egg, i said elsewhere, i view it as primer for paint.
Wrong thread, though my typical process is pat dry, flour, egg, batter, repeat egg batter for chicken fry, then freezer on rack 15 minutes before into fryer.

Currently destroying a bag of salmiakki. Good way to separate the men from the boys. I love this shit, and it’s great for making sissies gag.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user