The Fast Food Thread

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Chicken club is probably the closest thing for that bottom one (I don’t know the actual definition of a club sandwich).
You can get ground chicken but yeah, if someone’s going to make a non-beef burger, turkey is the play here.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Chicken club is probably the closest thing for that bottom one (I don’t know the actual definition of a club sandwich).
You can get ground chicken but yeah, if someone’s going to make a non-beef burger, turkey is the play here.

I feel like it 100% needs bacon to get the "club" title, and even then you're pushing it w/o the extra piece of bread. But ya, a BLT with any other meat on it turns into a club.

whoever said "grilled chicken sandwich" was correct, and that's the only answer

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Agreed. It needs bacon to be called a club sandwich. I looked for bacon but didn’t see it in the picture. And you’re welcome Kiroy.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
What if it's literally made of ground chicken?
I see ground chicken now and then, and wonder just exactly who buys that. It's usually stuck somewhere in the far end of the food aisle, next to shit like pigs feet "menudo filler" and various expiring and extremely questionable meats.

Chicken burger is exactly what I'd expect someone from canada to say.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
I think we've gotten ground chicken before to make egg rolls. Definitely ground turkey for various things, including for the dog's food. He likes chicken but never even thought to do his food with ground chicken, much less make burgers.

Things that are weird are weird. Imagine going to get a fried turkey sandwich at turk-fil-a. Or would you prefer their turkey nuggets?

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Turkey is disgusting and only belongs between bread with tons of Mayo. Anything else is just dry, inferior meat. That is also why thanksgiving is the worst holiday.

• 2Supertaster
  • 1Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 3 users

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Turkey subs made with real turkey and not dry and/or processed are legit. But if it's the processed Turkey than hard pass

• 1Like

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Turkey is disgusting and only belongs between bread with tons of Mayo. Anything else is just dry, inferior meat. That is also why thanksgiving is the worst holiday.

I respect and empathize with your opinions. I see you, bro. Because this is basically what my girlfriend said about 75% of dishes, including anything turkey, that I was planning to cook. She finally figured out she just grew up in a family of shit cooks and was being deprived.

• 1Solidarity

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I respect and empathize with your opinions. I see you, bro. Because this is basically what my girlfriend said about 75% of dishes, including anything turkey, that I was planning to cook. She finally figured out she just grew up in a family of shit cooks and was being deprived.

My mom came around to lamb real quick when she had some from the gourmet restaurant we ate at as apposed to what her mom used to cook for her

• 1Like

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
My mom came around to lamb real quick when she had some from the gourmet restaurant we ate at as apposed to what her mom used to cook for her
I once bought a lamb for Christmas. Of course my mom started crying when I explained why after sending pictures. Upside was I ate it all myself.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
I have a bone to pick with you Americans after being "corrected" tonight. How do you monkeys differentiate between these verbally?

popeyes-chicken-sandwich-copycat-recipe.jpg

ChickenSandwich_feature.jpg
Top: Fried chicken sandwich.
Bottom: Grilled chicken sandwich.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Top: Fried Chicken Sandwhich
Bottom: Roast Chicken Sandwich

If its fast food it would be grilled. If its a deli style it would be roast.

• 3Like

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>

The last 3 years I have done a turkey breast only and used the Tony Chacheries garlic & herb injection to keep it moist. it is the only way I have found outside of frying the whole fucking bird to keep it moist. Have you tried making your own ham and glaze for Thanksgiving? Do it right and you are a level beyond turkey.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
The last 3 years I have done a turkey breast only and used the Tony Chacheries garlic & herb injection to keep it moist. it is the only way I have found outside of frying the whole fucking bird to keep it moist.

Sous Vide helps keep poultry moist and cooked properly. I want to try a whole turkey one day, lol, but it works wonders especially for the separated breasts that are so easy to dry out. It's almost weird how moist is can be, though. I did some chicken breasts and double and triple checked temps because it was so juicy and tender I thought it was still raw. And it was almost unpalatable because you don't expect chicken breast to be running with juices. Once I got over it, though, and tricked my brain into understanding it wasn't uncooked or unsafe, it was delicious.

I mostly like roast turkey for leftovers (sandwiches with a lot of mayo and making turkey chili), but I've been told I do it well. Butter under the skin, starting it out upside down, covering the drums/legs from over cooking, tenting the whole thing (done good heavy foil with basting holes that keep temps up), over basting. Lots of tricks deployed in various combinations and people always rave about turkey I've roasted, but meh, not a huge fan and it's more work than I care for.

Unrelated, do people say "fried chicken sandwich"? At this point when I see a "fried" chicken sandwich my anchor point is 'chicken sandwich' and I expect modifications from there, like grilled, or chicken tenders, or whatever particle board McDonald's is still using. It's mostly contextual anyhow, though. Local fresh made sandwhich shop that does nothing fried has a 'chicken bacon ranch' and I don't think I've ever seen anyone confused if it would be fried or not because it's the kind of place that doesn't do that. Another place is more deli style, and most people assume most of the meat is deli meat, not fresh roasted turkey or grilled chicken.

I love the world is catching up to my being born a grumpy old man, though. I remember as a kid complaining the 'chicken burgers' were in the wrong place on the menu because they weren't burgers at all. Turkey burgers being normalized got more complicated, because Old Chicago (I think was the place in Colorado Springs) made a pretty good one, but what the hell else would it be called? Turkey burger seems to work, while chicken burger is very wrong if it's not ground and pattied chicken, and even more wrong if it is.

• 1Like

Xevy

Log Wizard
It's weird that foreigners call it a burger because it's a "hamburger bun" because you put it on hamburgers. And hamburgers are ground meat patties. It's like if I put some lobster roll together on a hotdog bun, that shit ain't a hotdog. You tell some one you're eating a lobster hot dog and you're getting locked up.

It's a breaded chicken sandwich and a grilled chicken sandwich. You'd say on a bun or on white if there were those options, for some weird reason. Just say "on a bun" instead of "hamburger" because a hamburger isn't determined by the bun.

It is interesting if you said chicken salad sandwich and buffalo chicken sandwich I'd imagine too vastly different foods. The first with lettuce and chicken salad, maybe tomato, on some sliced bread. The second a fried chicken breast/patty on a bun with sauce and lettuce and either mayo/blue cheese. But essentially they're both chicken sandwiches.

• 1Like

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
It's weird that foreigners call it a burger because it's a "hamburger bun" because you put it on hamburgers. And hamburgers are ground meat patties. It's like if I put some lobster roll together on a hotdog bun, that shit ain't a hotdog. You tell some one you're eating a lobster hot dog and you're getting locked up.

It's a breaded chicken sandwich and a grilled chicken sandwich. You'd say on a bun or on white if there were those options, for some weird reason. Just say "on a bun" instead of "hamburger" because a hamburger isn't determined by the bun.

It is interesting if you said chicken salad sandwich and buffalo chicken sandwich I'd imagine too vastly different foods. The first with lettuce and chicken salad, maybe tomato, on some sliced bread. The second a fried chicken breast/patty on a bun with sauce and lettuce and either mayo/blue cheese. But essentially they're both chicken sandwiches.

Hamburgers consider of various things part of which is a ground meat patty. Hamburger is an overall concept and I'd argue the bread is more important than the meat.

If you take a ground beef patty and put it between two pieces of white bread, is that a hamburger? or is it a sandwich?

Xevy

Log Wizard
It's a hamburger on sliced bread.

Please see Hamburger Helper for further information.

• 1Seriously?

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
It's a hamburger on sliced bread.

Please see Hamburger Helper for further information.

No idea what hamburger helper is. Google suggests it's some kind of American monstrosity.

It's a hamburger /patty/ on sliced bread. Which I'd say, is a ground beef sandwich.

Basically a loose meat sandwich except the meat isn't loose.

• 2WTF
Reactions: 1 users