The Fast Food Thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Im a wings slut. I'll eat them breaded or not. If I was forced to choose I'd pick unbreaded, but I'd be lying if I said I would pass them if they were.
When I make my own I don't bread them but the Albertsons deli here has some breaded wings that are 🔥

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
  • 1Like

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
When I make my own I don't bread them but the Albertsons deli here has some breaded wings that are 🔥

Some people over do it with the breading. It doesn't have to be KFC levels of breading. We used to just put a light coat of flour mixed with adobe and cajun, it would give it a little extra crispyness and a bit more sauce absorption without turning it into a chicken tender with bones.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Some people over do it with the breading. It doesn't have to be KFC levels of breading. We used to just put a light coat of flour mixed with adobe and cajun, it would give it a little extra crispyness and a bit more sauce absorption without turning it into a chicken tender with bones.
That's the way these are. Thin, crispy breading with a little spice.

• 1Solidarity

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
Drumbstricks dont work with wing sauce it throws off the flavor mix.
This. He's not the first to propose "hey lets try the wings sauce with some other piece of chicken meat!"

It never works, under any circumstances. Only the wings have the right ratio of skin to meat and surface area to volume. Legs, tenders, breasts, nothing else works. Only wings.

I mean shit, might as well eat ""boneless wings"" with some non-buffalo-sauce and dip them in motherfucking ranch dressing at that point

• 1Triggered
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sevens

Log Wizard
This. He's not the first to propose "hey lets try the wings sauce with some other piece of chicken meat!"

It never works, under any circumstances. Only the wings have the right ratio of skin to meat and surface area to volume. Legs, tenders, breasts, nothing else works. Only wings.

I mean shit, might as well eat ""boneless wings"" with some non-buffalo-sauce and dip them in motherfucking ranch dressing at that point
Well when it comes to chicken I am a bit weird, I cant eat fried chicken with out it being buried in applesauce. Hate applesauce by itself but you dump that shit over fried chicken and Im all over it.

• 2WTF
  • 1Cringe
  • 1Supertaster
Reactions: 3 users

Hootie

Silver Knight of the Realm
Just got some Mardi Gras wings from Publix. It had been awhile and i had a wing crave. I love baked wings with dry rub on them for a change up. All i could taste was pepper. Like the reason i got the was they looked bigger and juicier then i've seen them in a long time. They were cooked perfect but the spice was all wrong.
Mardi Gras should be citrusy with hints of garlic spice and cumin. WTF Publix. I think i'm gonna rinse the remaining 15, air fry and coat them with some random sauce in my pantry.
Probably franks hot or Thai chili.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
I went to Aldis and bought a 4 pound bag of Frozen wings last night. Fat and huge for a store. let htem thaw then cooked them in the air fryer. Key is to hit them with some Texas SPG rub, lightly, then air fryer at 400 for 12 minutes, flip, 8 more minutes to crispy. If doing a large serving you might need to add 2-3 minutes to get to your desired crunch.

Toss them in Franks Red hot and butter with a dash of paprika tossed in. FUCKING DYNOMITE. I never get Hot sauce based wings at restaurant, I make it just as good at home.

• 1Like
  • 1Quality Calories

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
This has changed my life recently. It's expensive as hell but totally worth it. Been putting it on everything.

Kashiwaya Kurose Spice​

1656710158427.png

Salt, pepper, soy sauce, red bell pepper, fried garlic, paprika, coriander, green bell peppers, parsley, onion powder, chili pepper, marjoram, oregano, basil, condiments (amino acids, etc.)

• 2Like

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I posted 15 years back about this place. Great to come back.

Still the best in Memphis and my favorite brown sugar dry rub at an establishment. Midtown location is what many consider the best location.
CC90664A-F7CD-43B2-B10C-3A134E4C0EA1.jpeg
1880F759-3884-4AB4-B147-4534D95C2A3D.jpeg

47C43434-1614-4A9B-8B44-CC792D1EB19E.jpeg

Last edited:
  • 2Like
  • 1Quality Calories
Reactions: 2 users

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
It's Japanese-American, and I think it's sold in America (only?)

But it's described as a Japanese BBQ sauce
Its just cali teriyaki sauce? Never seen it at the asian grocers ive ever been to just saw it at trader Joe's while I in commie fornia

• 2Supertaster

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Well when it comes to chicken I am a bit weird, I cant eat fried chicken with out it being buried in applesauce. Hate applesauce by itself but you dump that shit over fried chicken and Im all over it.
Applesauce? Fucking wut mate?

Sevens

Log Wizard
Applesauce? Fucking wut mate?
Try it sometime, it will change your life :p
Chicken grease will really fuck with my stomach, Fried Chicken is in my top 3 favorite foods but it doesnt sit well with me. The applesauce helps cut the grease and it doesnt fuck with my stomach at all....of course this could all be psychosomatic.

• 1Barf

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah, applesauce is good on pork too...
Pork chops and applesauce nom nom

ya i've always only ever done pork chop and applesauce, but honestly it sounds pretty good on some nice crispy fried chicken

• 1Like