The Fast Food Thread

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Animated GIF
I mean with pork prices up it could just be the end of the McRib.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
The Double Chicken Grilled Cheese Burrito at Taco Bell is totally worth it even at the $5.99 (for just the burrito) that my local Taco Bell charges. Maybe get an extra side of sour cream or spicy ranch or nacho cheese or something to dip it in, mine was a tad dry. But otherwise, sexcellent. Taco Bell lacks veggie options of course but otherwise that $6 easily competes with Chipotle or Qdoba if you want a burrito the size of a newborn.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
When the McDoubles were a buck I ate there a lot. Now they are 3 bucks and not worth it at all.

The McD's drive thrus here are now even slower...somehow.

I can smash $20 worth of McDonalds and barely get full.

Shit's a fucking ripoff. When it was cheap fast food I didn't care if it wasn't top quality. Gimme dat greasy grimey goodness. But now the cost/quality ration is completely out of wack, and it's probably just me but it doesn't fill me up anymore. I could probably eat a Large Big Mac combo and 2 McChickens and 2 McDoubles and maybe I'm full.

I grabbed some food for lunch today. Went through Steak and Shake. I got a double cheeseburger combo, and an extra double cheeseburger. I think it was like $11 total? And I didn't even realize that when I ordered the extra double, that it was on the 4 for $4 menu, so I got a second french fry with it.

That shit was DELICIOUS. The grease and the melted cheese and just everything. And I could have just ordered 2 doubles off the 4 for $4 instead and skipped the drink, for like $8, and have grabbed a soda at work.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
The McD's drive thrus here are now even slower...somehow.

I can smash $20 worth of McDonalds and barely get full.

Shit's a fucking ripoff. When it was cheap fast food I didn't care if it wasn't top quality. Gimme dat greasy grimey goodness. But now the cost/quality ration is completely out of wack, and it's probably just me but it doesn't fill me up anymore. I could probably eat a Large Big Mac combo and 2 McChickens and 2 McDoubles and maybe I'm full.

I grabbed some food for lunch today. Went through Steak and Shake. I got a double cheeseburger combo, and an extra double cheeseburger. I think it was like $11 total? And I didn't even realize that when I ordered the extra double, that it was on the 4 for $4 menu, so I got a second french fry with it.

That shit was DELICIOUS. The grease and the melted cheese and just everything. And I could have just ordered 2 doubles off the 4 for $4 instead and skipped the drink, for like $8, and have grabbed a soda at work.
Lately if I hit a McD for lunch i grab the double cheeseburger and get a second for 29 cents. Add a large unsweetened tea and its like $4 and thats about 900 calories.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
The big chains are mostly dog shit atm. Wendy's might as well put a Whitecastle sign up with how small their burgers have gotten. BK, as reminded myself yesterday, is total shit. McDs is certainly getting pretty mediocre too, but I find if I stick to just the basic double or triple cheeseburgers it isn't awful.

The smaller chains are definitely better. Mooyah is killing it, and my go-to for a cheap burger. I love the coupons i get in the mail, stuff like buy one get one free for burgers.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Everyone always dissin' on BK...

I had a McD cheeseburger the other night. McD cheeseburgers are approaching being White Castle sliders-- little onion-flavored gristle wafers on shitty bread.

At least the Whopper Jr approximates meat and has fresh veggies on it. It's a much better burger. Plus, the BK app gives tons of shit away and has really cheap deals. I mobile ordered a chocolate shake for $1. When I got to the drive through, the woman at the window said "our machine is broken." So she swapped it for a Ghost Whopper meal (with Onion rings and a large coke) plus fresh, warm cookies. For $1! No way McD would do that.

PS- The Whopper is too much bread, btw., but the Whopper Jr is a masterpiece.

only thing worth it at mcd's is a dqp - and you need to be in the top 10% of earners to afford one

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
View attachment 439575

Jalapeno cheese bites: F - Small, barely any jalapeno to them, and they were undercooked. Had to air fry them at home.
Fries: D - The 'large' size was small, they barely filled up the container on top of that, had 0 fries to search for in the bag. Shame. Undersalted, not as crispy as I like.
Whopper. B: At least I'll give them credit it tastes and felt like a whopper always does, but when you can get a whataburger for the same price, why choose this?

About as disappointing as I expected. I dunno how BK stays in business.
Bacon King

• 1Truth!

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Bacon King
If I go back, I'll stick to just the sandwiches for sure. They at least have a unique taste, kinda like McDs has its own unique taste, so I can understand people who go for just that. Everything else about BK is so incredibly bad though.

Xevy

Log Wizard
The Steak N Shake $4 combos are great. Can get a Double/Butterburger/Chicken Tenders each with a hefty side of fries for $4. For like $20 you can literally feed a small family EASILY. Just drink shit at home or something, but right now that's one of the best bang-for-the-buck deals. But McDoubles are like $1.59 here so not quite sure. Fucking love me two McDoubles and two McChickens for like $8 or something.

• 1Quality Calories

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Not exactly fast food, but for the Old Bay bros in here, if you ever trickle up to Williamsport MD, found a dairy across the border from us doing Old Bay cheese curds and a drunken crab cheese with Old Bay and beer. This is pretty goddamn good.

85D5A8E9-CBEA-4DB9-B325-8929A69904C4.jpeg

• 5Like
  • 1Quality Calories
Reactions: 5 users

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
For the last couple months I've been buying my local grocery store out of this Nashville Hot Chicken Dip every time I see it. It's so good. It's got noticeable heat, which is rare for a storebought dip. I often just eat it cold with a spoon for breakfast on my way to work, but it's also tasty heated up and eaten with crackers or celery. Buy it if you see it.

TOTS_NashvilleHotChic_10oz_3QRT_v6.png

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Quality Calories
Reactions: 3 users

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Think I'm going to go to Ssong's tomorrow and smash some quality calories.

They have both waffle fries and regular fries. They also have Old Bay seasoning. Not sure which I'll get with Old Bay on it

1666831969675.png

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users