1C6337CB-CC69-4AEC-9E98-F0857F17AB57.gif

• 2Like
  • 1Quality Calories
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Husband did the roast beef version. Said at least with this one there was actual heat vs. every other time fast food gets on the spicy wagon. The free shake is a nice touch.

• 1Quality Calories
Reactions: 1 user

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
You gotta do like Hillary and just have hot sauce on your person at all times. Prob solved.

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider

Had the chicken version today as I didn't have much time at lunch, but it wasn't terrible (freshness was my fault) and would probably do it again (need to try the roast beef one too). I would agree that it actually had a good spice kick for once.

Only complaint was they need to quit that BS shredded lettuce crap.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I tried the "Diablo Dare" last time they had it and I found it to be not very hot and sort of tasted like ass. I'd rather add some good hot sauce myself or even just have their buffalo chicken sandwich.

• 1Like

Oldbased

> Than U
Best rotis chicken deal is actually Sams. It's usually a 5lb bird compared to 3.5-4lb for most places.
Was $4.99 but I think it is $5.99 now but it is bigger than Meijer/Kroger and cheaper but the quality is still good.
Walmart may use the same chickens, don't know. Usually I get a bird or two and that big ass meatloaf with mashed taters.
Sams has lots of meals already cooked ready to warm up.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Costco is the same shit. Big bird, way fucking bigger than Kroger and its still $4.99. But something about that Kroger chicken man, its just better. I saw them set the shit up one day and it was a huge ass bag of them marinaded inside a bag. I dont think Costco (not sure about Sams) has them sitting in marinade like Kroger. Its big just not good like Kroger.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
You gotta do like Hillary and just have hot sauce on your person at all times. Prob solved.
I mean, I always did, but even hot sauce prices are going fucking nuts in the Biden Depression. Samyang Buldak sauce is trying to rape my wallet for $12.50 for a goddamn 7oz bottle. Made me order from asia to get sane prices.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
There is some good home grown hot sauces I enjoy. Picked one up at Kroger, some Ghost Pepper sauce that is quite good. Like $6? a bottle? Some Liquor stores have dedicated shelves of this shit around me too. IDK if this is a local thing or what but they have some amazing hot sauce too, kinda like their craft beer section, lol.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
this is really good and goes with a ton of stuff

1667426767488.png

But prepare to be irate when you realize the thickness of the sauce doesn't go with the packaging and it's impossible to get the last 10-15% out of the bottle.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Costco is the same shit. Big bird, way fucking bigger than Kroger and its still $4.99. But something about that Kroger chicken man, its just better. I saw them set the shit up one day and it was a huge ass bag of them marinaded inside a bag. I dont think Costco (not sure about Sams) has them sitting in marinade like Kroger. Its big just not good like Kroger.

Could be as simple as breed and age.

The egg-laying breeds we had got pretty large, and by the time they started getting too long in the tooth to really produce eggs they really weren't much good for anything besides stew meat or soups. But those did get pretty large.

The fryer breeds we had I remember being somewhat smaller, and we had no reason to let them get old, so I think those two factors played into being better as a pure meat bird.

I'd be curious to know where different places get their chicken from. It could be one place trying to save money and buying the old large egg-layers vs somewhere else buying a pure meat breed that's slaughtered as soon as it's mature.

• 1Like

Fucker

Log Wizard
Pretty much no fast food place is really worth it anymore. Taco Bell shit the bed first with overpriced dogshit and assclown prices. The only decent deals left are maybe some buy 1 get one shit on the Wendy's app or the odd deal on the McDonalds app.

All of them require apps to get semi ok prices and paying full price is a suckers game. It's kind of like Pizza if you are dumb enough to order from a chain without at least a 50% of coupon you deserve the raw dog ass fucking they give you. KFC and Popeyes are both way off the deepend with pricing and as I said before you are 1000 times better just hitting up Publix.

The real kicker is though the fast food pricing being like $15 for some dogshit burger and fries when most sit down restaurants still charge that price and you are infinitely better off just supporting your local mom and pop joint than letting YumBrands fist fuck your asshole.
Pretty much all suck ass now. Well, have for a long time, but now they are also slow and expensive. I got DQ last week, only person there. Took them forever. GF took a few bites and tossed it. Sad little cheap hamburger.

Well, Culver's is good. Been there a few times in the last few months. Clean restaurants and they change the oil frequently so the food doesn't taste horrible. Generous portions, too. I got the two piece cod meal and gave half of one to GF. Still plenty of food. Their burgers looked good, too. It is majority family owned so that explains the quality.

• 1Like

joz123

Potato del Grande
Farmer Boys is the only fast food place that has been decent lately. Not cheap but the food is always good.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
It's pretty bleak out there. I feel like it's time for my yearly visit to Sonic. Gonna order the shit out of the only food on their menu, onion rings. Their drinks are pretty legit too. The rest of their menu is pretty much war crimes in the form of biological warfare.

• 1Worf

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Pretty much all suck ass now. Well, have for a long time, but now they are also slow and expensive. I got DQ last week, only person there. Took them forever. GF took a few bites and tossed it. Sad little cheap hamburger.

Well, Culver's is good. Been there a few times in the last few months. Clean restaurants and they change the oil frequently so the food doesn't taste horrible. Generous portions, too. I got the two piece cod meal and gave half of one to GF. Still plenty of food. Their burgers looked good, too. It is majority family owned so that explains the quality.

Hmm Last I went to Inn N out , about a month ago, it was still just as good and cheap compared to everywhere else. Pretty sure it was still around 7 bucks for a double double, and only 6 for a cheeseburger, for the combos. Always still super busy, but you still move through the 10-15 car line pretty fast.

Which is surprising, since iirc, they actually pay their employees decent wages(for the job) and I have yet to me a rude one.

Last edited:
  • 1Quality Calories

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Farmer Boys is the only fast food place that has been decent lately. Not cheap but the food is always good.
Chick-fil-a and Popeyes near me are still good. Five Guys has gone to shit, they cook everything to death, though the fries are still great. Smashburger is pretty good but the one around here is retarded and always takes 40 minutes to make your food because there's a bajillion mobile orders that they prep before the dine-in orders, so it defeats the purpose of it being "fast" food.