The Fast Food Thread

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Shoot, I’m expecting something almost as hot as a spicy jalapeño now.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Sam's - 8 minutes in air fryer and they are excellent - strong on the parm

310418077_2258873040960972_381780712189521826_n.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Sonic has broccoli cheddar tater tots and I would not recommend.

They're as awful as you would expect them to be. And I say that as someone who loves broccoli cheddar.

Not my picture, but the ones I had did look diseased.

1668267659692.png

• 1Thoughts & Prayers
  • 1Cringe
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 3 users

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I rarely buy soup, but due to inflation I've been having to pad my groceries with cheaper options here recently. I saw that Campbell's has Old Bay clam chowder and an entire line of spicy variant chunky soups. I bought a few of the old bays and will report back. I assume if they are good I can just put my own old bay's in the regular chowders.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I rarely buy soup, but due to inflation I've been having to pad my groceries with cheaper options here recently. I saw that Campbell's has Old Bay clam chowder and an entire line of spicy variant chunky soups. I bought a few of the old bays and will report back. I assume if they are good I can just put my own old bay's in the regular chowders.
Few soups are a good value imo. So much sodium, and I'm hungry in an hour.

Get your rice and dried beans / lentils game on. mix With cheap sausage/ eggs/ whatever you can find for cheap. Ramen with part of a bag of mixed frozen veggies and an egg is mildly healthier and cheaper than any $2 soup

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Few soups are a good value imo. So much sodium, and I'm hungry in an hour.

Get your rice and dried beans / lentils game on. mix With cheap sausage/ eggs/ whatever you can find for cheap. Ramen with part of a bag of mixed frozen veggies and an egg is mildly healthier and cheaper than any $2 soup
+1
Soups and stews are easy AF to make from scratch and you load them with cheap filling ingredients.

• 1Like

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande

I've been putting old bay goldfish crackers in my homemade clam chowder. Good flavor and better crunch than disgusting oyster crackers. Normally only thing I'd serve with chowder is sourdough, but old bay gold fish crackers are perfect.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Diablo Chicken from Arby's is no joke.

Finally got around to this one. Well, Diablo roast beef, not chicken. Much hotter than the "Ghost Pepper" Whopper or the Hot Ones burger from Shake Shack. Like this one actually has legit heat. Nothing compared to some of the sauces I have at home, but well beyond what I expect from fast food.

Is it particularly good? Not really, the Hot Ones burger from Shack is waaaay better.

Couple other things: The milkshake they give you with the Diablo is TINY. I ordered a second one as backup and it was like $4 more. Also the fries that come with the meal are just regular fries, not the Diablo Fries, even though the menu makes the whole thing sound like across-the-board Diablo. No, you gotta "upgrade" the meal to Diablo fries. I haven't had those yet (and now they're cold from being in the fridge), will whenever I get an appetite for more heat. Well, I had one of them, and they seem even spicier than the sandwich.

Also tried Raising Canes chicken/sauce. That really was as good as people say.

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Hours later and my body hates me

Edit: Still refluxing lava this morning

It's not THAT bad. I'm going to guess it's around 30k Scoville at the most. Quite hot for fast food, shouldn't ruin your day though.

Last time I was in NYC I got the Reaper Taco from Gringo's Tacos, found it inedible, and had a stomachache for like an entire day from the little bit of it that I had. That was probably like 5 million Scoville. I think most people who have it legit puke afterwards. That was the only restaurant food that ever messed me up for hours, and it's basically battery acid.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Sonic has broccoli cheddar tater tots and I would not recommend.

They're as awful as you would expect them to be. And I say that as someone who loves broccoli cheddar.

Not my picture, but the ones I had did look diseased.

View attachment 442632

These were my shit as a teenager as my siblings refused to eat them.
1668503455886.png

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
It's not THAT bad. I'm going to guess it's around 30k Scoville at the most. Quite hot for fast food, shouldn't ruin your day though.

Last time I was in NYC I got the Reaper Taco from Gringo's Tacos, found it inedible, and had a stomachache for like an entire day from the little bit of it that I had. That was probably like 5 million Scoville. I think most people who have it legit puke afterwards. That was the only restaurant food that ever messed me up for hours, and it's basically battery acid.
Speaking of this where do you go for more exotic fresh chili peppers? The most I can get in Austin at any store (even indian supermarket) is habanero. I always hated habanero because while they have nice heat they have this really fruity flavor.

So I just stick to copious amounts of thai peppers.

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
Subway is truly the worst of all fast food, I don't think the runner up is even close.

"Come on in and buy literally exactly the same kind of sandwich you could make at home without any cooking or special ingredients, but now, for 10x the price!"

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Like
  • 1Supertaster
Reactions: 4 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Subway is truly the worst of all fast food, I don't think the runner up is even close.

"Come on in and buy literally exactly the same kind of sandwich you could make at home without any cooking or special ingredients, but now, for 10x the price!"
Only thing I get at Subway is the meatball sub.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I think that's even worse dude. lol.

You could buy 5lbs of frozen meatballs at any supermarket for <$10 then make your own Meatball sammies for days.

• 1Like